Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Poker Run Mexicali
tunaeater
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-5-2005 at 09:26 PM
Poker Run Mexicali

ZR Promotions is putting this poker run on April 10th. I'll be there with about 10 of my friends. If anyone wats to join us we will meet at the Pepboys parking lot in Calexico 8:00am 4-10-05. we have all types of vehicles going. From a class 10 car to quads and motorcycles. Paul

POKER RUN ZR 2005

Sunday, April 10th From 10:00 am ejido Luchadores del Desierto
(Laguna Salada West)

Acces Road To Ca??n de Guadalupe, Km. 28 Mexicali-Tijuana HWY

Event T-Shirt, Beer And Water To Participants On Registrees!!

2 Laps On A 20 Mile Circuit

Welcome Motorcycles, Quads, Chassis, Buggies, Prerunners, And Practically Any Off Road Vehicle.

Cash Prices To First, Second And Third Places!

Info: (686) 564 6653

Nextel: 152*132320*1

*Please Keep The Desert Clean For Generations To Come, what You Carry In, Must Be Carried Out.

IT'S NOT A RACE, IT'S A EVENT AIMED AT FUN AND CAMARADERIE.
BE SAFE!!!
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-6-2005 at 08:52 AM

Paul, I'm leaving for Catavina this afternoon to do some MC riding with Corky. I plan on coming back thru San Felipe and see Bajalou and if it works out I'll come up to the Poker Run. I may be too tired to race it but I'll cheer for you.

Tom
tunaeater
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-6-2005 at 08:58 AM

TW your a lucky man to go ride with Corky. I wish I could get the time off from work but I'm taking the last two weekends in April off for the Code race. I'll have my silver F-150 with the GRT stickers still on it #574. We should be showing up at the Salada around 9:00am Poker run starts at 10:00. It would be good to see you since I missed you at the SF 250..Paul
tunaeater
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-11-2005 at 10:09 AM

We had a great time at this Poker Run in the lauguna salada. We had 3 buggies, 2 jeeps,1 truck, 2 bikes and 2 quads in our group. It was a good, rough 20 mile loop and you did 2 laps. Lot's of big whoops, rocks and a little sand. This was good practice for the upcoming CODE race in San Felipe(April 29,30). None of our group had any luck with the poker hands but that's ok we got a shirt and a couple of beers. The weather was perfect a little windy at times but this keep all the dust away.
I also met my friend Seve from DP raccing there and he had a couple of riders with him. However, the best part was his 4 cases of Austrailian beer Victoria Bitter. This stuff was ice cold and good. The even better part was the 3 tri-tip roasts he BBQ on the grill. Nice and black on the outside and moist and tender in the inside. It was a fun day in the dez with all the fixins. Border wait was about 40 minutes downtown port. Paul
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-11-2005 at 03:17 PM

Paul, I'm sorry I wasn't there. Sounds like you had a great time.
tunaeater
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-12-2005 at 06:53 AM

Here is a picture of me from the poker run. This picture was taken from Victor at dezert-image.com.
bajalou
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-12-2005 at 07:08 AM
Way to go Paul

Sounds like a great time

:biggrin:

No Bad Days

\"Never argue with an idiot. People watching may not be able to tell the difference\"

\"The trouble with doing nothing is - how do I know when I\'m done?\"

Nomad Baja Interactive map

And in the San Felipe area - check out Valle Chico area
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-12-2005 at 07:37 AM

Paul from the picture above you wouldn't have had any problems with the rocks Corky and I encountered.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.