Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: US will end COVID-19 test requirement for returning travelers
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-11-2022 at 08:39 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

What is the trad loonie diet?

Moosehead beer, bear fat, and whale blubber?

John

[Edited on 6-11-2022 by John Harper]
surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-11-2022 at 09:55 AM

Quote: Originally posted by lencho  

That caught my eye: What do you consider the "traditional Mexican diet"? :smug:

I'd imagine what he is referring to is real food vs. processed food. While certainly these days Mexicans pound plenty of junk food, their actual meals are basically some type of meat, fish or seafood, corn tortillas, and veggies, although the range of veggies they use is fairly limited. In other words, meals aren't Kraft dinner or pizza pops.

One thing I like about driving through Mexico is that you can stop at almost any little hole in the wall cafe, and there are lots of them, and get a decent meal, whereas driving across Canada or the US, all you have are chain restaurants, unless you actually get off the highway and go into a town.
Purdyd
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-11-2022 at 10:50 AM

Quote:
Today, CDC is announcing that the Order requiring persons to show a negative COVID-19 test result or documentation of recovery from COVID-19 before boarding a flight to the United States, will be rescinded, effective on June 12, 2022 at 12:01AM ET.

This means that starting at 12:01AM ET on June 12, 2022, air passengers will not need to get tested and show the COVID-19 test result or documentation of recovery from COVID-19 prior to boarding a flight to the U.S.

The COVID-19 pandemic has now shifted to a new phase, due to the widespread uptake of highly effective COVID-19 vaccines, the availability of effective therapeutics, and the accrual of high rates of vaccine- and infection-induced immunity at the population level in the United States. Each of these measures has contributed to lower risk of severe disease and death across the United States. As a result, this requirement which was needed at an earlier stage in the pandemic may be withdrawn. CDC continues to recommend that those travelers boarding a flight to the U.S. get tested for current infection with a viral test as close to the time of departure as possible (no more than 3 days) and not travel if they are sick.

CDC continues to evaluate the latest science and state of the pandemic and will reassess the need for a testing requirement if the situation changes. CDC will communicate any updates publicly if and/or when they change.

https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2022/s0610-COVID-19-test....
JDCanuck
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-11-2022 at 01:07 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JDCanuck  
This is because I find the traditional Mexican diet...

Well, for me...far more fruit, more fish and shrimp, juice rather than coffee and coke, enchiladas and burritos and refried beans rather than burgers and chips that we commonlt grab when hungry here.

A century later and it's still just as applicable: Desiderata: http://mwkworks.com/desiderata.html
pauldavidmena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-11-2022 at 01:55 PM

Quote: Originally posted by surabi  

I'd imagine what he is referring to is real food vs. processed food. While certainly these days Mexicans pound plenty of junk food, their actual meals are basically some type of meat, fish or seafood, corn tortillas, and veggies, although the range of veggies they use is fairly limited. In other words, meals aren't Kraft dinner or pizza pops.

One thing I like about driving through Mexico is that you can stop at almost any little hole in the wall cafe, and there are lots of them, and get a decent meal, whereas driving across Canada or the US, all you have are chain restaurants, unless you actually get off the highway and go into a town.

Typically when we visit Todos Santos we try to rent a casita with a good kitchen; this way we can prepare most of our own meals from fresh, local ingredients and save dining out for special occasions.

Visit my Dreams of Pescadero blog:
http://dreamsofpescadero.wordpress.com/
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 6-11-2022 at 02:50 PM

If maseca is another word for masa flour, it is made with "real corn" that is treated to turn it into hominy, which makes great tortillas! Try making them from regular corn meal and let me know how you like them.

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
Don Pisto
Super Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: weary like everyone else

[*] posted on 6-11-2022 at 03:10 PM

cheap pizza and coca-cola:(

there's only two things in life but I forget what they are........
John Hiatt
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 6-11-2022 at 03:28 PM

I forgot that this thread was about covid19 test requirements. Sorry for being part of the hijack, but at least we didn't get all political! :rolleyes:

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 6-12-2022 at 07:56 AM

Traditional food of indigenous Mexicans included human flesh. Tacos humano probably more healthy than bag of Takis.

P.s. here is an interesting article on air in airplanes: https://www.yahoo.com/news/took-co2-detector-flight-showed-1...

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-12-2022 at 08:46 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
Traditional food of indigenous Mexicans included human flesh. Tacos humano probably more healthy than bag of Takis.

Reading Conquistadores by Fernando Cervantes at the moment. There was definitely lots of human flesh devoured by the locals. Quite a few of Cortes' men ended up on the menu.

John
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.