BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4
Author: Subject: The California exodus continues as residents head south of the border
RFClark
Super Nomad

Mood: Looking forward to 2024

[*] posted on 6-13-2022 at 09:38 AM

Goat,

Since this is a Baja Interest site why don’t you compare The Democrat People’s Republic to stuff in Baja??
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 6-13-2022 at 10:10 AM

Isn't funny how communist dictatorships call their countries "People's Republics" or "Democratic Republic's" or "Democratic People's Republics"?

Who are they fooling...?
Fake names...!
Kind of like CNN pretending to be a news channel! :lol:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-13-2022 at 10:31 AM

David,

It’s simple! When something belongs to “The People” someone needs to take care of it for “The People”! After all you can't trust them to take care of it themselves! (Think Free Speech here!) The job to have is being the one to “care” for it! (And in the process tell everyone else what to do!)
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 6-13-2022 at 10:49 AM

The original topic was about people leaving CA. That includes my brother-in-law in Grass Valley (Nevada County) who is moving to Oklahoma this month.

He is third generation here, and aside from a couple of years in Alaska with my family, he has spent his whole life in GV.

He is a stable working man with good local connections, but the exploding real estate prices and cost of living has kept home ownership just out of his reach!

His wife is from Oklahoma, and even though he is in his mid 50s, he is going to start over in another state!

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
JC43
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-13-2022 at 12:34 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Isn't funny how communist dictatorships call their countries "People's Republics" or "Democratic Republic's" or "Democratic People's Republics"?

Who are they fooling...?
Fake names...!
Kind of like CNN pretending to be a news channel! :lol:

What do you mean by "communist dictatorships"? R U talking about China? Well, correct. But none other. Or R U pretending that the U.S. is a democratic Country???? Well, if an Orang-Utan is capable of organizing a fundraiser --- the next President of the USA might be an Orang-Utan. (I donno, but it is hitting my memory, that there was a President alsready somehow looking like an Oeang-Utan. But I forgot his name. CNN not a news channel? Correct. Fox is batteling CNN - vice versa.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 6-13-2022 at 12:58 PM

North Korea and Vietnam also come to mind.

No, the U.S. is a republic or to be more exact, a representative republic.

We use democratic elections to vote for our representatives and judges, to make and enforce laws.

A republic is a land governed by laws... laws that protect the minority or the individual. A democracy simply is a land governed by the 'mob' (majority) and not necessarily by its written, constitutional laws.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

JC43
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-13-2022 at 03:19 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
North Korea and Vietnam also come to mind.

No, the U.S. is a republic or to be more exact, a representative republic.

We use democratic elections to vote for our representatives and judges, to make and enforce laws.

A republic is a land governed by laws... laws that protect the minority or the individual. A democracy simply is a land governed by the 'mob' (majority) and not necessarily by its written, constitutional laws.

.......laws that protect the minority or the individual.......Hahahaha :lol::lol:
Oh, that´s why George Floyed had to die?????? Protected by whom??
David, wake up! What u r saying is pure theory - no reality. And "protected" means not: Blacks are shot (in the back if needed) and the white murderer free to go after the trial. Or what??? Overall, and that is the headline. .... leaving CA. Why? b/c for the majority of people it is simply to expensive to live in CA. Only the Rich and Famous can afford to live in CA. (and the Mexcicans are allowed to live in CA as somebody needs to work and do the jobs which are essential for those others to keep the State clean.
......A democracy simply is a land governed by the 'mob' (majority) and not necessarily by its written, constitutional laws.....
What kind of BS are you talking. So, France. The UK. Germany most other coutries in the world calling themselfs ´Democracy` are gouverned by the mob??????? U R kidding, right. Or you are a man who is living ONLY in the past.

[Edited on 6-13-2022 by JC43]
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-13-2022 at 04:05 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
I have lived in CA, NW, NE, and midwest.
CA is still my fave place. WA is 2nd. Texas, FLA and san felipe are still bottom of the bottom of the list.
May be a bit more expensive in cali, but the pay is higher here too. All balances out.

I have found that cheaper places to live are usually not as desireable as more expensive places…

I dont have to shovel snow. The weather is warm in winter, moderate in summer. I have almost no elec or natural gas costs here in cali. I live 15 min from great ocean. I live in a big city with big city attractions. Whats no to like?

Yes it cost more than lake havasu az.

Have you ever been to lake havasu? No thanks!

[Edited on 6-13-2022 by mtgoat666]

I notice you left out AZ of the places you have lived, you folks that have been around this site for awhile probably remember goats location always being TUCSON......are you embarrassed by having lived in Arizona?:?:
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 6-13-2022 at 07:12 PM

Quote: Originally posted by willardguy  
Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
I have lived in CA, NW, NE, and midwest.
CA is still my fave place. WA is 2nd. Texas, FLA and san felipe are still bottom of the bottom of the list.
May be a bit more expensive in cali, but the pay is higher here too. All balances out.

I have found that cheaper places to live are usually not as desireable as more expensive places…

I dont have to shovel snow. The weather is warm in winter, moderate in summer. I have almost no elec or natural gas costs here in cali. I live 15 min from great ocean. I live in a big city with big city attractions. Whats no to like?

Yes it cost more than lake havasu az.

Have you ever been to lake havasu? No thanks!

[Edited on 6-13-2022 by mtgoat666]

I notice you left out AZ of the places you have lived, you folks that have been around this site for awhile probably remember goats location always being TUCSON......are you embarrassed by having lived in Arizona?:?:

:lol::lol::lol: You are a fool! :lol::lol::lol:

Never lived in Tucson!

Don’t believe everything Chuck Levitin told you!

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-13-2022 at 09:05 PM

David,

Looks like we know who has that job of watching what belongs to everyone!
RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-13-2022 at 09:40 PM

JC43 (and Others!

Republics, the US is a Republic, are messy no two ways about it! If trains running on time are your thing and executions by organ transplant don't bother you the PRC is your kind of place!

[Edited on 6-14-2022 by RFClark]
pauldavidmena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-14-2022 at 05:04 AM
Back to the original topic?

My family grew up in NY (Farmingdale). My brothers moved to CA in the late 80s, while I moved to SC, AL, MN, and then - 26 years ago - MA. One of my brothers pulled up his stakes from Ventura County, CA once his youngest graduated from high school for the clean air and lower taxes of Idaho. My other brother is still enjoying palm trees and smog in Redondo Beach.

My wife and I got lucky buying a house on Cape Cod 5 years ago. We couldn't touch it now. If we're going to have another chapter in terms of home ownership, it probably won't be on either coast, and very well could be in Mexico.

[Edited on 6-14-2022 by pauldavidmena]

Visit my Dreams of Pescadero blog:
http://dreamsofpescadero.wordpress.com/
JDCanuck
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-14-2022 at 11:38 AM

It's very true the wealthiest people living in blue states tend to vote for one party, while the poorer people in other states have shifted lately to vote for the other. If you are working class you tend to look at affordability and ability to raise a family in a healthy environment without excessive restrictions on your ability to advance in life through your own efforts.
Maybe this explains some of the recent migration patterns?

A century later and it's still just as applicable: Desiderata: http://mwkworks.com/desiderata.html
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 6-14-2022 at 11:55 AM

Most I know live in Baja have money all Ex Calif. All like it here have no plans to return. To bumper to bumper cars too many restrictions dont forget the WLs running the show.
advrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-14-2022 at 10:06 PM

We are on the verge of leaving California and my wife is 5th generation! Mexico is on the list. A neighbor's house just sold for 700k (a couple of years ago it would have been maybe 300k) and they were quoted 200k to redo the decks after they bought it, there only concern is who do we write the check to! Not sure how much longer we can afford to live here, especially after I just retired. Yes we will make a killing on our house but that's not the point for us.
JDCanuck
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-15-2022 at 06:07 AM

Most reported reason up here for relocating to Mexico is not the economic costs difference but rather the pressure to escape onerous life style rules being forced on us by social redesign politicians. The ability financially to do so by selling out inflated real estate and rebuilding in Mexico is secondary. Unfortunately, our kids and grandkids cannot afford to pay the prices for housing that the better financed Asian immigrants can, and homelessness is exploding.

A century later and it's still just as applicable: Desiderata: http://mwkworks.com/desiderata.html
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 6-15-2022 at 06:12 AM

Quote: Originally posted by JDCanuck  
Most reported reason up here for relocating to Mexico is not the economic costs difference but rather the pressure to escape onerous life style rules being forced on us by social redesign politicians..

Got an example of the onerous lifestyle rules?

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

JDCanuck
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-15-2022 at 06:23 AM

Mtgoat: We just purchased a vehicle to Drive to Baja, and have not yet sold the existing one it's replacing 2 days ago. I was informed by the bylaw officer we now temporarily have 4 vehicles parked in our driveway of a 5 bedroom house and the neighbours have submitted a complaint to the city to have us immediately remove one.
Last issue these anonymous neighbours had was I was washing by hand the grime and tar off my motorbike when I returned from a long tour. They mistakenly had the idea hand washing a vehicle was against bylaws on that particular day, resulting in yet another warning and visit by the bylaw officer. Try cutting down a dead tree in your yard thats about to fall over and watch the reaction. Denials to remove diseased dangerous trees have resulted in more than one falling in a storm on houses in our area. Does the anonymous complainer pay for the resulting property damage? No.

[Edited on 6-15-2022 by JDCanuck]

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 6-15-2022 at 06:41 AM

Quote: Originally posted by JDCanuck  
Mtgoat: We just purchased a vehicle to Drive to Baja, and have not yet sold the existing one it's replacing 2 days ago. I was informed by the bylaw officer we now temporarily have 4 vehicles parked in our driveway of a 5 bedroom house and the neighbours have submitted a complaint to the city to have us immediately remove one.
Last issue these anonymous neighbours had was I was washing by hand the grime and tar off my motorbike when I returned from a long tour. They mistakenly had the idea hand washing a vehicle was against bylaws on that particular day. Try cutting down a dead tree in your yard thats about to fall over and watch the reaction.

Sounds like an HOA. I hear stories of such in USA, but have never lived in a neighborhood with HOA rules.

That said, sometimes living in the city requires social behavior adjustments relative to country living. Living in the city has a lot of benefits — country living can be pretty dull if you enjoy urban life.

Anywho, sounds like minor annoyance, but does not rise to level that one should flee their country.

Woke!

JDCanuck
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-15-2022 at 07:14 AM

No HOA here, just municipal bylaws people have demanded be applied across the populace, we sold out of our last one as it went far worse and included the colour of pots you could have on your balcony requiring approval.
We used to pride ourselves on tolerance and support of neighbours, but the "Wokeness" has hit new levels of idiocy as anonymous complaints are encouraged by politicians rather than asking people to talk to their neighbours and resolve issues with informed accommodation.
I have watched the latest round of enforced bylaws and resulting costs cause exploding homelessness, drug addiction deaths and closure of low cost rentals and housing.
Meeting the desires of the privileged few to force their lifestyles on those who cannot possibly afford it is now our biggest enemy in social planning.

Pages:  1  2    4

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.