Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Los Banos da Baja!
eetdrt88
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-5-2005 at 09:50 PM
Los Banos da Baja!

theres something about a whole website dedicated to bano's in baja that gets me stoked....man,have i had some amazing experiences in those little stalls:lol::lol::lol: if youve got to see more bano's,here it is....www.baja.com/bajatym
JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-5-2005 at 09:55 PM

Now you know why i preferred to pee on my pants when i was a kid visiting my grandparents, instead of using one of those at night, i always felt something was ready to come out of that hole and bite me.:lol:
Pompano
Elite Nomad

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 4-6-2005 at 10:14 AM
MOST SCENIC TOILET....

Believe me, I was very surprised to come across this toilet. I was fishing a remote lake (Kississing Lake) in way-up-north Manitoba. Some fly-in lodge must have decided their customers needed a sit-down convenience! Next time I will bring a book and spend the day.:spingrin:

I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me.
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 4-6-2005 at 10:32 AM

those are nicer than the ones on the beaches in Mulege.:lol:

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

Pompano
Elite Nomad

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 4-6-2005 at 10:44 AM

I recommend the leaves of the sweet balsam.;)

I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me.
Dave
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-6-2005 at 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Pompano
I recommend the leaves of the sweet balsam.;)

Can you throw them in the pit or is there a can to the side?

Bajagato
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-6-2005 at 12:19 PM
loved the site!

I had to check that one out, the music added some ambience, i thought!
Here is a pic of one of my favorite banos, its at Papa Fernandez's place. I opted for a shovel! the spider webs inside alone, kept me out of them!
Bajaddict
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-6-2005 at 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajagato
Here is a pic of one of my favorite banos, its at Papa Fernandez's place. I opted for a shovel! the spider webs inside alone, kept me out of them!

Actually, I thought those banos made a nice, sheltered place to eat my tortas out of the wind.
wornout
Senior Nomad

Mood: No Bad Days

[*] posted on 4-6-2005 at 07:14 PM
Banos

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajagato

HEY, someone stood them back up. Last time we were there the wind had blown them over. Wow, progress.

This Space Available, E-Mail Me If Interested.
Pappy Jon
Nomad

Mood: Temp rising.

[*] posted on 4-8-2005 at 12:07 PM

The most scenic pot I've used was the one on top of Mt Whitney.
El Jefe
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-8-2005 at 12:11 PM

Top of Whitney.........now that would truely be a "poo with a view"

No b-tchin\' in the Baja.
capn.sharky
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-10-2005 at 07:57 AM

We had a two seater when I was little. I guess the idea was that a family should do everything together. I always waited until I could get in there by myself. I don't think conversation is good for pooping. Of course, in the Navy, they just lined them up one after the other. I think so many guys raised a stink about this that they now have stalls on ships and in bootcamp.

If there is no fishing in heaven, I am not going
Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-10-2005 at 08:08 AM

Here's a cold thought !

Back in the old days, many of the larger western ski areas had outhouses up in remote spots on the hills. You often had to do some digging to get in the door.
Of course, half the time there was no TP or it was wet/frozen.
The alternative was a few handfuls of snow !
I found light powder to be much more pleasant then the more ice-like, older snow.......
Oso
Ultra Nomad

Mood: wait and see

[*] posted on 4-10-2005 at 12:14 PM

Speaking of the Navy, I forgot what kind of ship my uncle served on in WWII, but it had a uniquely efficient "head". The row of seats were mounted over holes in a metal trough. Sea water entered one end of the trough and exited the other in a constant flow. No flushing required. One day my uncle pulled a prank on his shipmates. he snuck a diesel-soaked rag into the head, set it on fire and dropped it into the top end of the trough. As he described it, the row of guys were popping up sequentially like prairie dogs, then chasing him while pulling up pants and howling for revenge.:lol:

For those of you who didn't see this at "Thaaaat place", here's another example of military humor:

http://www.jokaroo.com/ecards/funnymovies/iraqplay.html
eetdrt88
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-8-2005 at 08:10 AM
**** talking...

due to some of the major sh** talking in the last thread,i thought i would do some doo-doo talk of my own,so obviously i had to bring this thread back to life ........heres another bano not in baja but in central america....ahhh,the good life
eetdrt88
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-8-2005 at 08:34 AM

man,do i miss baja:lol::lol::lol:
Bajaddict
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-8-2005 at 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by eetdrt88
due to some of the major sh** talking in the last thread,i thought i would do some doo-doo talk of my own,so obviously i had to bring this thread back to life ........heres another bano not in baja but in central america....ahhh,the good life
I'll bet there's plenty of trout around that one! Sure wouldn't want to snorkle there.:barf:
latitude26n
Banned

[*] posted on 5-8-2005 at 10:26 AM
A breezy bano

I was 17 on my first visit to San Juanico and at that time ('73)
it was still a seasonal fish camp with about 8 shacks up on the bluff .

The pangas used to launch from the beach just below where the town is currently located and that's where all the activity was and where most of the pangeros slept.

My friends (2 guys) and I stayed in one of the shacks and the only "faciilties" was a very breezy outhouse perched on the edge of the bluff.

The seat was cantilevered out over the edge of the cliff so your butt was suspended in the air and if you looked down, you'd see pangas below you.

The nearest vegetation for coverage was quarter of a mile away in the desert.

I used the outhouse only once or twice but mainly just avoided drinking anything and don't think I pooped for 2 weeks.

I have photos of that trip but never took one of the outhouse. At that age, it must have been too "traumatic" to acknowledge!
Oso
Ultra Nomad

Mood: wait and see

[*] posted on 5-8-2005 at 10:57 AM

Dirteaters' pic of a Central American privy over water reminds me of Belize. Before they moved the capital inland, the main port city of the same name was the biggest and most "advanced" town. A few hotels and government offices in the center had indoor plumbing. But most of the surrounding lower-income neighborhoods along the bay were at or slightly below sea-level making backyard outhouses impractical. The former Brit government's sanitary solution was to construct public privies at the end of small piers jutting into the bay every block or so.

For a first-timer this was quite an experience. One soon learned to alway carry one's own paper, as well as matches to check for spiders, scorpions or "accidents". Then when the unsuspecting newbie sat and proceded with the necessary procedure, the water below would instantly erupt into a loud splashing "boil"., which was startling to say the least. This was caused by dozens of saltwater catfish who provided a very effective system of sanitation.

I always thought that sitting in one of these structures with a fishing line in the water would constitute an almost perfect recycling mini-ecosystem. Unfortunately, (or rather, fortunately), it was illegal to catch and keep the bay catfish.

On a slightly different note, there were few municipal waterlines either, so many homes had a raised water tank in the back, filled by truck. The health dept. would distribute small fish for the tanks and check on them from time to time. The primary purpose of the fish was to keep the tanks free of mosquito larvae. Also, if the fish were alive, you knew the water was relatively "safe" for humans.:cool:

All my childhood I wanted to be older. Now I\'m older and this chitn sucks.
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-8-2005 at 01:07 PM
Leaning tower of Bano

At an abandoned fish-camp on Pta.Conception. For the midgets out there.

DON\'T SQUINT! Give yer eyes a break!
Try holding down [control] key and toggle the [+ and -] keys

Viva Mulege!

Nomads\' Sunsets
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.