BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: 8 restaurants in Baja California are recognized as the best in Mexico
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 6-18-2022 at 07:31 AM
8 restaurants in Baja California are recognized as the best in Mexico

This article is from 2020, but worth repeating….

8 restaurants in Baja California are recognized as the best in Mexico

https://www.sandiegored.com/en/news/181777/8-restaurants-in-...

https://www.facebook.com/culinarianacional/posts/26131897689...

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 6-18-2022 at 07:42 AM

All 8 are less than 100 miles from San Diego.
Good for gringos who can't afford to drive far, I guess?

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-18-2022 at 08:34 AM

Yummy. Some of the best dining experiences we have had in the last 5-10-15 years were all in this TJ-Valle area. I agree with list and now have two more restaurants to try. When we have been to the other six they are mostly full of Mexicans enjoying themselves although the explosion of social media has allowed Baja and especially the Valle area to be become more well known NOB, IMHO. We have few vices these days but great food is near the top of the list. My expanded list would also include places like El Trailero, La Guerrerense Carreta, Las Güeritas, Alegria and Yaqui for great stand up dining but they didn't ask me. :dudette:

YMMV

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

JDCanuck
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-18-2022 at 09:11 AM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  

I think we will be missing all those on our trip down via Mexicali. Any suggestions for places to stop south of there on our way to La Paz? Rush trip but great food is always worth a long break.

A century later and it's still just as applicable: Desiderata: http://mwkworks.com/desiderata.html
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-18-2022 at 02:17 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JDCanuck  
Quote: Originally posted by David K  

I think we will be missing all those on our trip down via Mexicali. Any suggestions for places to stop south of there on our way to La Paz? Rush trip but great food is always worth a long break.

I’ve had good luck with Mario’s in GN.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
Loretana
Senior Nomad

Mood: alegre

[*] posted on 6-18-2022 at 06:07 PM

LAJA. Chef Jair Tellez' wonderful eatery in the Guadalupe Valley.

My favorite memory was watching one of the cooks run out to the garden to cut fresh herbs to garnish our Lobster Ravioli....it was...sublime.

"If you want to find the secrets of the universe, think in terms of energy, frequency and vibration."
-Nikola Tesla
JDCanuck
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-18-2022 at 08:29 PM

Marios in GN looks like a great choice, thanks Lee. One more in Loreto maybe?

A century later and it's still just as applicable: Desiderata: http://mwkworks.com/desiderata.html
BajaTed
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-19-2022 at 09:03 AM

An evening @ Deckman's enjoying a Sonoran rib eye steak for two with a bottle of Merlot you bought there is real good time, highly recommended.

Es Todo Bueno
surfhat
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-19-2022 at 01:04 PM

Lee, Marios is a good choice for GN. That beautiful palapa is worth a visit alone and the culinary offerings back that choice up. I have rarely seen such a beautiful palapa roof in all my time in Baja.

Any others have a palapa roof the blew your minds? Separate topic but might be an interesting thread.

Fuego Restaurant in the Valle was superb and truly world class. I was privileged to spend a night there for three years running on my way back north and will treasure those six or seven course meals for all my days.

Sadly, from my limited perspective, the Hotel Boutique raised their prices and did away with their midweek overnight special rates that included the rooms, a fantastic dinner, and breakfast the next morning.

If they ever offered that midweek special again, I would be there in a flash. It is that special and worth the effort. I hope their new prices are serving them as they hope for.

Meanwhile, I am gathering info on some signs I saw on the side of the Valle road in March offering Glamping camping? Can Glamping be camping? haha

The advantage being a wider choice for trying different food offerings in the Valle.

The Hotel Boutique and their onsite Fuego Restaurant will always hold a special place in my heart, and my stomach. haha

I was lucky to come across them when I did and had a couple of years that will stay with me forever. Thank you Hotel Boutique and Fuego Restaurant for those special times that appear to be in the past.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.