Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  4
Author: Subject: Where is everybody?
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 6-21-2022 at 05:35 PM
Where is everybody?

I don't think I have ever seen Today's Posts down to so few active threads...
Hate to see Nomad die... It has been such a big part of creating new friends and sharing great Baja adventures.

I know many are tired of some of the posts and replies that are pretty unkind... but if we can ignore the negatives and promote the positive posts, it is to our mutual benefit to communicate, help, and share with each other.

Some Baja stories from your first trips to places in Baja could break the ice for some of you lurkers!

Anyway, think about something fun or nice to say... We could use it!
:light::cool::yes:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 6-21-2022 at 05:52 PM

With Father's Day, and Juneteenth happening on the same weekend, everyone is probably still unwinding!

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-21-2022 at 07:19 PM

maybe folks have chosen other sources to hear people expound their political agendas........david
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 6-21-2022 at 09:13 PM

Can you post anything about Baja, willardguy?

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-21-2022 at 10:01 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
no.....hunkered down here full time for a dozen years and not much changes, getting back to the OP..maybe folks have chosen other sources to hear people expound their political agendas........david
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 6-21-2022 at 10:08 PM

Quote: Originally posted by willardguy  
Quote: Originally posted by David K  
no.....hunkered down here full time for a dozen years and not much changes, getting back to the OP..maybe folks have chosen other sources to hear people expound their political agendas........david

If you repeat the false story enough times it will not make it true.
How about Baja? Why here if no Baja? Don't need to answer.

I pump as much Baja into Nomad as I can... trips, photos, history, maps, details... It would be nice to see more from others.

RFClark
Super Nomad

Mood: Looking forward to 2024

[*] posted on 6-21-2022 at 10:39 PM

David,

I think more and easer pictures would make a difference! It’s also Summer! Adding weather and live cameras would probably draw more folks too. Then there are border crossing wait times.

RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-22-2022 at 03:46 AM

David,

I think more and easer pictures would make a difference! It’s also Summer! Adding weather and live cameras would probably draw more folks too. Then there are border crossing wait times.

Lobsterman
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-22-2022 at 04:17 AM
WHY?

Why would someone want to continue posting on a board that allows hate-filled posters to demean people for having a different view than theirs? Calling a person "shorty, racist" and worse and then be attacked by his myopic followers is no fun. Since you do not want to hear what others say then I say I'll keep my opinions to myself. We are human like you but view the world differently. That does not make us bad people who deserve to be slandered but free-thinking people who have values and culture different than you. I keep looking at this site hoping for change.

I miss the days of Pompano. Even the chief hater on this site called him a "drunk". As long as this site keeps perpetuating this hateful behavior, I'll stick to Bloodydecks to post my fishing adventures and/or opinions and not waste them on the malcontents.

BTW the fishing at LA Bay two weeks ago was fantastic for yellowtail. All you wanted within a mile or two from town. Stayed in a resort north of town for the girls. Food was great except little Mexican food on the menu.

https://www.bdoutdoors.com/forums/threads/pt-loma-6-17.79778...

[Edited on 6-22-2022 by Lobsterman]
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-22-2022 at 04:42 AM

One possible explanation is the predominance of Facebook and other social media websites. They have taken over the Internet. It used to be that people went to different websites for different types of information and used email for communication. For many people, myself included, the current procedure is to visit Facebook and go to different groups within Facebook for different types of info.

The FB group Talk Baja is very popular. I don't like it because it is swamped with Baja newbies asking the same questions over and over. There are also many posts by misinformed people providing incorrect information and/or stating opinions as facts.

Also, the Nomad members who see everything through politically tinted glasses are very annoying and I bet are driving people away.

But, I like this old-school, message board format. I wouldn't want to see it changed.

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
ligui
Senior Nomad

Mood: love Baja !

[*] posted on 6-22-2022 at 05:55 AM

Hi everyone !!! Viva Baja ! Heading down on Sunday for 5 days. Will be meeting my friends in the village to work over details for the new road up to my property. And meeting with the county about running water and electricity up to the house.
We are going to put the all the pieces together to get it ready for moving in

Time for me to retire and live full time ligui

Going to hire locals to help with the work and pay them above the going rate

Time to move forward and help the villagers have a better life. We are helping them set-up a small island tour company thru my Mexican corporation and will over the next year set up shop next to the ligui store on the highway. Have signed a 10 year lease to rent to properly

Lots more to say about our plans will keep you up dated as we move forward

I have been in the area for over25 years and enjoyed being part of the community.

Ps this is a positive for everyone involved. Don't need any arm chair quarterbacks

Any good feed back will always be welcome

On a final note. Thanks David for your help keeping a positive spin on this forum . I read it daily and it keeps me closer to Mexico when I'm away.

Again thanks

Ligui
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 6-22-2022 at 07:41 AM

Thank you 'ligui' for your positive comments and Baja subject post... winner winner chicken dinner!

SFandH, agree Facebook works well for many and that it is a no-brainer to post photos there which helps attract folks, too.
This 'message board' format has a huge advantage in that you can find old posts easily and with sub-forums for different subjects, that helps find content of interest, too. You can see my two Facebook Baja groups, linked in my signature.
As for TalkBaja, it became hyper-political with over-moderation and they will remove any negative posts about Mexico, I hear... and now Ron may have had his fill of Facebook and started a new Talk Baja website on Word Press. It is in the middle of development as I have not seen any fresh activity there. Ron invited me to moderate the history forum there.

RFClark, yes... it is not hard to post photos if you use Postimages.org and set the upload size to fit on Nomad. However, some just don't want to or don't do the steps needed. It would be much better if Doug upgraded that feature used by other forums to post and resize photos.

Lobsterman, yep... and still many don't see that as a problem and aren't aware it is driving many away... or don't care. It is pretty annoying that one side only wants their views to appear and will do everything to tarnish a post from others with sidebar comments. We see it in this thread.

RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-22-2022 at 09:43 AM

Ateo,

No, actually we are not all guilty of starting off with personal attacks on people we disagree with! It may end up there or not but generally it doesn't start there.

Example: The current administration’s energy policy is responsible for driving gas prices higher than the price of oil would dictate. This is especially true in California which has its own bad energy policies to make things even worse!

Want to bet there will be a personal attack posted shortly?

[Edited on 6-22-2022 by RFClark]
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 6-22-2022 at 09:51 AM

Quote: Originally posted by RFClark  

Want to bet there will be a personal attack posted shortly?

[Edited on 6-22-2022 by RFClark]

Before this thread gets sent to "Off Topic", give me a few minutes to think of the right label to slap on you. Would "Personal attack theorist" work?

[Edited on 6-22-2022 by AKgringo]

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-22-2022 at 10:56 AM

See, as stated a personal attack from one of the usual suspects!
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-22-2022 at 11:36 AM

Quote: Originally posted by RFClark  
See, as stated a personal attack from one of the usual suspects!

Well, you went political in your post. In case you haven't noticed, that stirs things up these days.

I was taught politics, religion, and personal money matters are not to be discussed unless in person, with friends or family. Certainly not on public message boards.

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 6-22-2022 at 11:56 AM

As some one said once "can't we all just get along?"
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-22-2022 at 12:10 PM

The only time I bring up politics outside of the OT are Covid and Climate threads. Which are both inherently political topics.

I have hated politics my entire life and never discussed them until the Spring/Summer of 2020. Heck I had only ever watched CNN and that was just an hour here or there. Never watched any Fox News. I hated Trump because of his stupid mouth.

Letting our cities burn, defunding the police, calling every white male a racist, the ridiculous Covid lock downs, letting men take opportunities away from girls/women in sports, and teaching our kids that they are oppressors based on their skin color was a bridge too far for me. I have a feeling that millions of ppl who were apolitical or independent agree.

I'll work to tone down the politics now that Covid is winding down and order/sanity is about to be restored in November.

More Baja pics and stories coming!

[Edited on 6-22-2022 by JZ]

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 6-22-2022 at 01:03 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
:!: :!: Snowflake alert! :!: :!:

In addition to political crap that has nothing to do with Baja, there are trolls posting insults, and name calling that must surely drive away new comers, and long time posters as well!

[Edited on 6-22-2022 by AKgringo]

freediverbrian
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-22-2022 at 02:58 PM

I was in restaurant in baja a year or so ago ,got talking about good sites to go for info. I mentioned Nomad this guy just laughed and said "no way that site is just a bunch trolls and blow hards". Nomad has made its bed ,now it's time to sleep perchance to dream.

[Edited on 6-22-2022 by freediverbrian]
 Pages:  1    3  4

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.