Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4
Author: Subject: Where is everybody?
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 6-22-2022 at 03:14 PM

Quote: Originally posted by freediverbrian  
I was in restaurant in baja a year or so ago ,got talking about good sites to go for info. I mentioned Nomad this guy just laughed and said "no way that site is just a bunch trolls and blow hards"

Same can be said of most (all?)other sites

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

4x4abc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: happy - always

[*] posted on 6-22-2022 at 03:47 PM

Where is everybody?

easy question
complex answers

but since this site does not appreciate responses that take time to craft, I'll skip it

if it makes you feel better - facebook is battling something similar
many users don't bother anymore

Harald Pietschmann
paranewbi
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-22-2022 at 04:27 PM

Thanks for confirming all I learned on this board guys. Enjoy yourselves.
ligui
Senior Nomad

Mood: love Baja !

[*] posted on 6-22-2022 at 07:20 PM

Sorry but the posts from where I started today with a let's remember what this forum is about are were really bad.

Stop it or get off this web talk group !

Would rather see less folks then a bunch people that don't really care about Baja . just want to talk shi-t

Grow up !
Ligui

Its not the problems with the web site technology. Its how you interact with others.
Again grow up and converse on level above 5 th grade.

caj13
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-23-2022 at 06:12 AM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Quote: Originally posted by willardguy  
Can you post anything about Baja, willardguy?
no.....hunkered down here full time for a dozen years and not much changes, getting back to the OP..maybe folks have chosen other sources to hear people expound their political agendas........david

If you repeat the false story enough times it will not make it true.

says the willfully ignorant pseudoclimatologist who ignores literally millions of data points and scientific analysis because - well hes got a photo of a palm tree.

Like you said David Keep repeating your BS to yourself - eventually you will actually come to believe it. I'm sure you still believe in Santa Claus!
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 6-23-2022 at 07:09 AM

Santa Claus, from North Pole Alaska, is a candidate on the state special election ballot to replace Don Young in the US House of Representatives.

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 6-23-2022 at 07:43 AM

Sad to see so few people wanting to be positive, happy, and share Baja here... :(

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

JDCanuck
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-23-2022 at 07:49 AM

Well personally, I have gotten a lot of great useful info from this site, mainly from those some like to disparage. Was very helpful setting up bank accounts, planning trips or places to visit, places to eat or stay, etc.
The personal attacks on individual people or their politics get in the way tho, and I can't see how anyone benefits from them.

A century later and it's still just as applicable: Desiderata: http://mwkworks.com/desiderata.html
Mulege Canuck
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-23-2022 at 09:41 AM

I am back home on Vancouver Island now so I have not posted since my return.

I have gotten some great information off this site. I ignore the jerks and listen to the experienced Baja vets.
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-23-2022 at 09:55 AM

Quote: Originally posted by lencho  
Quote: Originally posted by JZ  
I'll work to tone down the politics...

That would be greatly appreciated. Much as it feels good to rant, it's unlikely to sway anyone here and it doesn't benefit anyone but yourself.

If even that.

Well said lencho
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-23-2022 at 09:59 AM

The grey owl sod farm in palmer Alaska company slogan is
" can't we all get a lawn"
JDCanuck
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-23-2022 at 11:02 AM

I don't think I have ever seen Today's Posts down to so few active threads...
Hate to see Nomad die... It has been such a big part of creating new friends and sharing great Baja adventures.

I know many are tired of some of the posts and replies that are pretty unkind... but if we can ignore the negatives and promote the positive posts, it is to our mutual benefit to communicate, help, and share with each other.

Some Baja stories from your first trips to places in Baja could break the ice for some of you lurkers!

Anyway, think about something fun or nice to say... We could use it!
:light::cool::yes:

I am going to guess most people are out taking advantage of the opportunities to travel, camp and get together with friends and family after a long period of being denied access to them.
Life is good again, and we are celebrating the recent changes.

A century later and it's still just as applicable: Desiderata: http://mwkworks.com/desiderata.html
RFClark
Super Nomad

Mood: Looking forward to 2024

[*] posted on 6-23-2022 at 02:09 PM

I put up what I thought was a bland statement that I thought wouldn’t be too controversial to prove a point about name calling. Gosh! Sorry about that!

Baja North had $3.80ish regular gas today! Calexico Ca had $6ish gas, also today! Yuma AZ has $4.89 gas today! You figure out what’s wrong here!

And it’s “Political” to point out that it might be a result of bad policies!! OK, I voted with my feet years ago and got out of California! If you’re happy with $6/gal gas and brown lawns. Bon Appetite!

[Edited on 6-26-2022 by RFClark]
BajaTed
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-23-2022 at 03:14 PM

There are other PARF (Politics And Religious Forums) on many other sites where you can wear your lib and con hat and spout off and dox each other to your hearts content.

Why that behavior has to come to an Foreign Locale shared enjoyment web site is my question?

Es Todo Bueno
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-23-2022 at 03:26 PM

Politics and religion have been debated since the beginning of recorded history. ho-hum

Debates about which is the best Mexican beer are much more important and enlightening.

"best" Best for what? Well, for an early afternoon beer to quench thirst like right now, I think I'll go get an ice-cold Tecate Light. :cool:

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 6-23-2022 at 03:59 PM

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  
Politics and religion have been debated since the beginning of recorded history. ho-hum

Debates about which is the best Mexican beer are much more important and enlightening.

"best" Best for what? Well, for an early afternoon beer to quench thirst like right now, I think I'll go get an ice-cold Tecate Light. :cool:

It was the late Baja Rob (of Bahía Santa María) who turned us onto Tecate Light as an excellent hot-weather refresher. We agree! Now it is always in our fridge... refreshing, no after-taste, and available everywhere. We still love Pacifico and Dos Equis Special Lager, on tap, never fear!

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 6-23-2022 at 04:18 PM

It was the late Baja Rob (of Bahía Santa María) who turned us onto Tecate Light as an excellent hot-weather refresher. We agree! Now it is always in our fridge... refreshing, no after-taste, and available everywhere. We still love Pacifico and Dos Equis Special Lager, on tap, never fear!

I have never found beer to be a good hot weather drink. Sangria or gin/tonic are much more refreshing drinks.
Or try a Negroni or Mojito.

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-23-2022 at 04:49 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

I have never found beer to be a good hot weather drink.

Wow! That's weird. You're from Earth, right?

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 6-23-2022 at 04:53 PM

No, I think maybe he's not... Explains a lot, if you think about it (just joking)!

SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-23-2022 at 05:10 PM

Leave it to Goat to not like beer on a hot day.

Gin and tonics are good though, but you need to have ice, a glass, gin, tonic, and lime.

Too complicated. Just give me a cold beer.

Pages:  1  2    4

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.