Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  
Author: Subject: Where is everybody?
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 6-23-2022 at 05:18 PM

Palomas are good in hot weather and they are made with Mexico's tequila!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 6-23-2022 at 05:19 PM

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  
Leave it to Goat to not like beer on a hot day.

Gin and tonics are good though, but you need to have ice, a glass, gin, tonic, and lime.

Too complicated. Just give me a cold beer.

It’s easier to heat a frozen pizza than to make a good meal.

Some people put in just a little bit of extra effort to make life more enjoyable/rewarding.

[Edited on 6-24-2022 by mtgoat666]

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 6-23-2022 at 06:24 PM

Tonic is truly an excellent hot weather drink! I reached my lifetime allotment of alcohol almost fifteen years ago, so I skip the gin, but a cold bottle of tonic is the most thirst-quenching drink for me.

Sometimes quenching the thirst is not the goal though, so repeated applications of cold beer is more satisfying!

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 6-23-2022 at 06:27 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Palomas are good in hot weather and they are made with Mexico's tequila!

Not a fan of palomas. Most of mexico makes ‘em with fresca, and taste is odd, and too sweet.

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

RFClark
Super Nomad

Mood: Looking forward to 2024

[*] posted on 6-23-2022 at 06:59 PM

2 shots of tequila, 2 of triple sec, 2 lime juices, ice and a blender! Pricless!
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-24-2022 at 09:18 AM

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  
Politics and religion have been debated since the beginning of recorded history. ho-hum

Debates about which is the best Mexican beer are much more important and enlightening.

"best" Best for what? Well, for an early afternoon beer to quench thirst like right now, I think I'll go get an ice-cold Tecate Light. :cool:

I also drink blancas. [ aka tecate light]
When gringo friends drop by they usually bring their own beer to avoid my beer. Bonus.
BigOly
Senior Nomad

Mood: Easy Birder

[*] posted on 6-24-2022 at 05:34 PM

I've been on this board for many years. I've always enjoyed posting pics of birds but I am getting a little old and I can't "click and drag" a photo without a bunch of hassle here. Please make it easier to post a photo without having to go "here" and "there" to download a shot quickly.

Remember "Peace, Love and FishTacos?"

[Edited on 6-25-2022 by BigOly]

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 6-24-2022 at 07:59 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BigOly  
I've been on this board for many years. I've always enjoyed posting pics of birds but I am getting a little old and I can't "click and drag" a photo without a bunch of hassle here. Please make it easier to post a photo without having to go "here" and "there" to download a shot quickly.

Remember "Peace, Love and FishTacos?"

[Edited on 6-25-2022 by BigOly]

I can help you with how to easily post photos from your computer to here. Just a couple of mouse clicks. u2u, email, or phone call... Whatever works best for you!

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

4x4abc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: happy - always

[*] posted on 6-24-2022 at 09:45 PM

I can help you with how to easily post photos from your computer to here. Just a couple of mouse clicks. u2u, email, or phone call... Whatever works best for you!

if it takes a tutor to learn how to post pictures, the site is not user friendly
nobody needs to be shown how to post a picture on facebook etc

all successful apps are successful because they are super easy to use

Harald Pietschmann
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 6-25-2022 at 06:51 AM

Harald,
To me the steps are easy (and to others who have done them as I am not the only one who posts photos here).
Some people don't read the instructions or skip steps or just don't know I have made this guide to posting photos here...

To post photos from your Pictures folder on your computer:

1) Go to www.Postimages.org, make an album if you want to organize your photos to find them easily in the future (by date or by subject). No cost to use Postimages.org.

2) Change the upload setting from "Do not resize my image" to 640x480 (recommended for forums) or 800x600 (max. on Nomad). You click on the little arrow to see the size choices.

3) Click "Choose images" and select the photos you want to put on Nomad from your Pictures folder.

4) Click on the image you want on Nomad and click on "Share" at the top of the screen.

5) Choose "Hotlinks for forums" (down next to the last one). You can click the little box at the right end of the link and it is now saved on your mouse.

6) Go to Nomad and paste that link onto the place where you are typing on Nomad. You can put text in below the photo for a caption for your post and if you double space between photo links (for clarity), you can put several photos and captions in a single post on Nomad. You can click "Preview" on Nomad to check and see how it will look before posting to the board.

If you need to fix a post after it is done, click on "Edit" along the edge of your post, and change or delete your post. If you edit more than once, you can delete the previous Edited on tags so only one edit tag will appear after you edit the post.
==============================================================

elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-25-2022 at 06:15 PM

Quote: Originally posted by RFClark  
I put up what I thought was a bland statement that I thought wouldn’t be too controversial to prove a point about name calling. Gosh! Sorry about that!

Baja North had $3.80ish regular gas today! Calexico Ca had $6ish gas, also today! Yuma AZ has $4.89 gas today! You figure out what’s wrong here!

And it’s “Political” to point out that it might be a result of bad policies!! OK, I voted with my feet years ago and got out of California! If you’re happy with $6/gal gas and brown lawns. Bon Apatite!

You wouldn't find me living in Yuma or anywhere in Arizona even if gas was $1.00. I will stay right here four blocks from the beach in sandy eggo where it's always 72 and sunny. Surf's up. Cowabunga! :dudette:

YMMV

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-25-2022 at 10:38 PM

Quote: Originally posted by elgatoloco  
I put up what I thought was a bland statement that I thought wouldn’t be too controversial to prove a point about name calling. Gosh! Sorry about that!

Baja North had $3.80ish regular gas today! Calexico Ca had $6ish gas, also today! Yuma AZ has $4.89 gas today! You figure out what’s wrong here!

And it’s “Political” to point out that it might be a result of bad policies!! OK, I voted with my feet years ago and got out of California! If you’re happy with $6/gal gas and brown lawns. Bon Apatite!

You wouldn't find me living in Yuma or anywhere in Arizona even if gas was $1.00. I will stay right here four blocks from the beach in sandy eggo where it's always 72 and sunny. Surf's up. Cowabunga! :dudette:

YMMV

exactly! and where educated people don't say "Bon Apatite":lol:
pauldavidmena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-26-2022 at 07:17 AM

Our first trip to Baja was in 2007, when we stayed at an All-Inclusive in Cabo San Lucas. While there, between watered-down margaritas and food tailored to gringos, we learned that there was more to Baja California Sur than what existed within our concrete compound. So we went back to the same place on a heavily discounted package, giving us the financial freedom to explore. It was then that we took a day trip to Todos Santos and fell in love.

We kept coming back every winter, but it was a week during July 2013 that really sealed the deal for us. The summer vibe in Todos Santos was irresistibly laid back. Who knew that one could find an "off" switch in a specific place?

Visit my Dreams of Pescadero blog:
http://dreamsofpescadero.wordpress.com/
pauldavidmena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-26-2022 at 07:33 AM

But circling back to the OP, I read BN almost every day but only weigh in when there's a relevant topic - or when I post one myself. I try to avoid third rails like politics because that's not the purpose for this forum.

Visit my Dreams of Pescadero blog:
http://dreamsofpescadero.wordpress.com/
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-26-2022 at 08:17 AM

2 shots of tequila, 2 of triple sec, 2 lime juices, ice and a blender! Pricless!

Kinda a girly drink? No?
4x4abc
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-26-2022 at 11:21 AM

Harald,
To me the steps are easy (and to others who have done them as I am not the only one who posts photos here).
Some people don't read the instructions or skip steps or just don't know I have made this guide to posting photos here...

To post photos from your Pictures folder on your computer:

1) Go to www.Postimages.org, make an album if you want to organize your photos to find them easily in the future (by date or by subject). No cost to use Postimages.org.

2) Change the upload setting from "Do not resize my image" to 640x480 (recommended for forums) or 800x600 (max. on Nomad). You click on the little arrow to see the size choices.

3) Click "Choose images" and select the photos you want to put on Nomad from your Pictures folder.

4) Click on the image you want on Nomad and click on "Share" at the top of the screen.

5) Choose "Hotlinks for forums" (down next to the last one). You can click the little box at the right end of the link and it is now saved on your mouse.

6) Go to Nomad and paste that link onto the place where you are typing on Nomad. You can put text in below the photo for a caption for your post and if you double space between photo links (for clarity), you can put several photos and captions in a single post on Nomad. You can click "Preview" on Nomad to check and see how it will look before posting to the board.

If you need to fix a post after it is done, click on "Edit" along the edge of your post, and change or delete your post. If you edit more than once, you can delete the previous Edited on tags so only one edit tag will appear after you edit the post.
==============================================================

like all windows users, David claims that in a few easy steps you get where you want to be.
I don't trust 12 step programs

if it is not as intuitive and easy as a Mac, it is not worth having in your life

as a good Republican David will defend the old and outdated forever

Harald Pietschmann
RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-26-2022 at 11:22 AM

No, 4 shots of booze in a Margarita is quite a lot! 2-3 of those and you can do Jimmy Buffett impersonations!

Harold,

I post from my iPad and pictures are easy. I just resize them and email them to myself. The weather picture took a few seconds! Windows can't suck enough! When we did the IBM commercials years ago, we did them on Macs cause you couldn’t use windows!

The only issue I have is the occasional strange word I get when I’m typing!

[Edited on 6-26-2022 by RFClark]
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 6-26-2022 at 11:53 AM

Harald, sometimes I wonder what you are drinking! ;)

RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-26-2022 at 11:54 AM
Post Pictures from a MAC

1) compose picture

2) resize from email

3) save and post!

3B2C951B-9C66-44F7-9217-1D603840734C.jpeg - 208kB
4x4abc
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-26-2022 at 12:17 PM

No, 4 shots of booze in a Margarita is quite a lot! 2-3 of those and you can do Jimmy Buffett impersonations!

Harold,

I post from my iPad and pictures are easy. I just resize them and email them to myself. The weather picture took a few seconds! Windows can't suck enough! When we did the IBM commercials years ago, we did them on Macs cause you couldn’t use windows!

The only issue I have is the occasional strange word I get when I’m typing!

[Edited on 6-26-2022 by RFClark]

I found relatively "easy" ways too
but none of them beat the ease of use in facebook etc
there is a reason why some of the hated apps are so successful - they are EASY to use

but the forever yesterday folks still miss Blockbuster

Harald Pietschmann
 Pages:  1    3  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.