Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Beach camping near Gonzaga
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 7-8-2022 at 08:57 PM

Quote: Originally posted by barcodemarco  
…we are going solo.

Any recommendations from nomads on those spots, or others in the area? Would like to hire a panga for a fishing trip and just chill on the beach and surf fish. Will probably bring surfboards too.

Not sure I understand your pronoun, is “we” actually “solo?”

Anywho,…
Too hot in BCS in summer.
Suggest seven sisters coastline for summer beach camping.

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

barcodemarco
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-8-2022 at 09:15 PM

Haha. Good point. Can’t be too loose with pronouns these days. Solo meaning I lost my caravan family. “We” is 2 adults, 2 boys and a dog.
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 7-8-2022 at 09:23 PM

I did a "drive about" last November and passed through Bahia Tortugas on my way out to the tip of the cape. I spent a while checking out the town, but I did not really use any of the services in the town, other than one of the gas stations (there were three!}

I went from there to Bahia Asuncion, where I did spend a couple of days at Campo Sirena. I think you can find what you need there, unless you are looking for a place to go bar hopping!

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
tiotomasbcs
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-9-2022 at 10:20 AM

Shari Bondy in BA Asuncion...lots of excellent information and fun. google /contact Will be cooler than Sea of Cortes.
barcodemarco
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-20-2022 at 12:13 PM

Hola Nomads, Just returned from a wonderful week in Gonzaga Bay. Once out of Mexicali, the road trip was very enjoyable. We camped at the south end of the bay at punta final. The location was great for a beach camp (if you are totally self sufficient) and perfect to launch our dingy to explore the many secluded coves and beaches to the south. Did a ton of snorkeling, fishing, clamming and just enjoying the scenery and solitude. One cove had a resident owl that was flying about - can't recall ever seeing one in the middle of the day like that. In another spot we must have woke up a coyote as she kept barking at us from her den until we left. It was hot but we spent most of the time in the water, or under our shade and there was usually some type of breeze to cool things off a bit. Met a nice couple from Eureka who were camping next to us. They had a pair of pontoon oarboats that they would rig with sails in the afternoon. Very cool and packed down well. They left to head on to BOLA the day before we left.
We would up spending the entire week on the beach until it was time to come back on Saturday.

Cheers, Marco

willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-20-2022 at 12:24 PM

great trip report gracias! tell us again, is it "bar code marco" or ""barco de marco?
barcodemarco
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-20-2022 at 12:41 PM

Thanks - It's barco de marco, but I answer to barcode as well. I guess I should have pushed the space bar a few times. haha
barcodemarco
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-20-2022 at 01:58 PM

Willardguy, Is your handle in reference to the Isla? While I was driving home I thought it looked like a good place to explore for my next trip.
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-20-2022 at 03:29 PM

Willardguy, Is your handle in reference to the Isla? While I was driving home I thought it looked like a good place to explore for my next trip.

yup I had a house at Papa's for a
dozen years.....now im on the cool side!
Mulege Canuck
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-20-2022 at 07:59 PM

Hola Nomads, Just returned from a wonderful week in Gonzaga Bay. Once out of Mexicali, the road trip was very enjoyable. We camped at the south end of the bay at punta final. The location was great for a beach camp (if you are totally self sufficient) and perfect to launch our dingy to explore the many secluded coves and beaches to the south. Did a ton of snorkeling, fishing, clamming and just enjoying the scenery and solitude. One cove had a resident owl that was flying about - can't recall ever seeing one in the middle of the day like that. In another spot we must have woke up a coyote as she kept barking at us from her den until we left. It was hot but we spent most of the time in the water, or under our shade and there was usually some type of breeze to cool things off a bit. Met a nice couple from Eureka who were camping next to us. They had a pair of pontoon oarboats that they would rig with sails in the afternoon. Very cool and packed down well. They left to head on to BOLA the day before we left.
We would up spending the entire week on the beach until it was time to come back on Saturday.

Cheers, Marco

Glad you enjoyed Punta Final. We always camp there on our way to Mulege. On our first visit there, the bay was full of a school of Hammerheads. It was amazing to see them from the kayak. I still don’t have the heuvos to spearfish there yet 😎
barcodemarco
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-21-2022 at 10:34 AM

Thanks Mulege. Sure am glad you didn't tell me the hammerhead story before my trip. :lol:
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 7-21-2022 at 03:12 PM

I have told this story before, but it seems like a good fit here again.

I spent a night car camping on a bluff overlooking a cove on the north edge of the Cabo Pulmo Preserve. I planned on snorkeling there the next morning.

Not too long after sunrise, a couple of fishermen showed up and started casting from the rocks. One of them hooked a huge Roosterfish that I am sure would have spooled him with a long, strong run!

Just before he ran out of line, a shark hit the Roosterfish, and the fisherman reeled in a still live fish that was bit in half right behind the dorsal fin!

I have no idea what it would have been like snorkeling there that day.

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
barcodemarco
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-21-2022 at 03:18 PM

Justified or not, they were always on my list of Tiburon to be feared, along with Great Whites and Tigers, but we don't have to worry too much about the latter. Dig your Cormac quote. One of my favorite authors. The Border Trilogy is epic.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.