Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: supercharged V8 Raptor R
Don Pisto
Super Nomad

Mood: weary like everyone else

[*] posted on 7-12-2022 at 06:21 PM
supercharged V8 Raptor R

well we haven't had a good car thread in awhile....next week Ford is busting this out....same motor that in the Shelby GT500. Im kind of terrified past 70 but you thrill seekers buckle up! man I'd like to see this in a standard cab.....

[Edited on 7-13-2022 by Don Pisto]

[Edited on 7-13-2022 by Don Pisto]

there's only two things in life but I forget what they are........
John Hiatt
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-12-2022 at 06:45 PM

If fast and speed are what you're looking for get a Tesla. They'll leave a Raptor in the dust.
PaulW
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-13-2022 at 06:55 AM

From a news feed:
people have shared that their dealers have stated that the Raptor R is already sold out, even though order books haven’t opened yet.
2023 Ford F-150 Raptor R, which marks the return of the V8 engine to that model for the first time since its first generation years ago. Now, we know exactly when the 2023 Ford F-150 Raptor R will debut – July 18th – as the automaker itself has confirmed via Twitter.

[Edited on 7-13-2022 by PaulW]
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 7-13-2022 at 07:31 AM

Quote: Originally posted by TMW  
If fast and speed are what you're looking for get a Tesla. They'll leave a Raptor in the dust.
:) Any gas off road truck leaves Tesla in the dust No stop to recharge :biggrin:
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-13-2022 at 07:39 AM

Quote: Originally posted by bajatrailrider  
:) Any gas off road truck leaves Tesla in the dust No stop to recharge :biggrin:

Carry a generator with you.

0-60 Tesla 3.2 sec. Raptor 4.8 sec. Raptors are nothing more than a refurbished Hummer.
PaulW
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-13-2022 at 07:54 AM

Tesla and Raptor would cover about the same distance on the highway.
With a 12" clearance for a Raptor and the Tesla has maybe 4"
Which one would you prefer off road?
The Tesla would be nice for the commute on the highway from Mexicali to San Felipe. One Tesla charging station noted in San Felipe. Many more on the west coast.

I think I read about an available trailer for a Tesla. Of course gasoline ICE generator.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 7-13-2022 at 10:35 AM

Tesla has a 'truck'... coming soon:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Don Pisto
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-13-2022 at 11:38 AM

760 horsepower not enough? Whipple is already selling their aftermarket supercharger kit that'll put you in the 2K Hp range! hang on!:o

John Hiatt
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-13-2022 at 07:19 PM

A Raptor can't go where my Tacoma can.

My ex son-in-law has a Raptor paid $118,000 for it. Another $10,000 and it's ready for off-road, maybe. They are nothing more than a high priced bucket of bolts.

[Edited on 7-14-2022 by TMW]
Don Pisto
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-13-2022 at 07:31 PM

My ex son-in-law has a Raptor paid $118,000 for it. Another $10,000 and it's ready for off-road, maybe. They are nothing more than a high priced bucket of bolts.

you got to get out of that Bakersfield heat Tom!:rolleyes:

John Hiatt
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 7-14-2022 at 07:11 AM

HAAA Tom maybe correct but my 1000.00 dirt bike can go where the Tacoma cant go. No matter raptor more fun then both.
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-14-2022 at 10:20 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Don Pisto  

Ask David about Cameron not getting into Mission Santa Maria with the Raptors. Too big and too wide. While your at it ask him about my Tacoma getting into the same mission. You can read about our trip here
https://vivabaja.com/msm2022/
Don Pisto
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-14-2022 at 10:26 AM

Ask David about Cameron not getting into Mission Santa Maria with the Raptors. Too big and too wide. While your at it ask him about my Tacoma getting into the same mission. You can read about our trip here

THIS is a quote from Cameron Steele......
Cameron Steele
"The Toyota is cute but has no where near the capability of a raptor or the utility ability of the F250."

John Hiatt
Don Pisto
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-14-2022 at 10:46 AM

my apologies gentlemen I guess I lament the good ol' days when guys got together and talked about fast cars and hot chicks, guess it doesn't fly here, especially among the buck owen's crowd!:D

John Hiatt
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-14-2022 at 11:08 AM

I lament the good ol' days when guys got together and talked about fast cars and hot chicks........

Hangin' Five.......She could drive my Raptor. :cool:

hangin 5.jpg - 253kB

or hangin' Ten

hangin 10.png - 159kB

[Edited on 7-14-2022 by SFandH]

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 7-14-2022 at 11:25 AM

Cameron Steele
"The Toyota is cute but has no where near the capability of a raptor or the utility ability of the F250."

You are comparing apples and oranges.
Different strokes for different folks.

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 7-14-2022 at 11:26 AM

Cameron Steele

Cameron is a big and fast, truck guy (he races trophy trucks). When I suggested I could drive my Tacoma and join the Trail of Missions that way, he just dismissed the idea... sort of an image thing, I guess... only full-sized trucks... like a Tundra could join the fleet of Raptors. Casey Currie was allowed to drive his new 4-door Jeep Wrangler, however. That was the first Trail of Missions in 2014. Since I couldn't join in my Tacoma, Cameron had me flown down to join the group in a helicopter... which was an OK compromise! LOL

See the first Trail of Missions TV show on CBS Sports: https://youtu.be/gio1kxBoPoc
My two short talking parts are at Minute 5:40 and 9:37 Casey cut the tip of his thump off surfing at Punta San Carlos, so he flew back with me at the end of Day 3. His wife drove to the airport in El Cajon from Riverside (I think?) to take him to the hospital. Cameron comments after I talk at El Rosario mission about the Jeep might need an extra fuel service as the Jeeps have such small tanks.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 7-14-2022 at 11:35 AM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  

Cameron Steele

Cameron is a big and fast, truck guy (he races trophy trucks). When I suggested I could drive my Tacoma and join the Trail of Missions that way, he just dismissed the idea... sort of an image thing, I guess... only full-sized trucks...

He is running an offroad carny show focused speed and thrills of making dust fly.
Most of us go to back country and poke along slowly to enjoy wilderness experience. Most of us have practical/affordable vehicles that work adequately offroad.

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-14-2022 at 12:46 PM

especially among the buck owen's crowd!:D

in Tom's defense you'd be angry too if you woke up in that hellhole every morning!:lol:
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 7-14-2022 at 02:44 PM
Raptor into Mission Santa Maria site

If Toyota Pickups with a camper, or a 4x4 mini-motorhome can make it into the Mission, surely a Raptor can??? My Son has a Raptor---they are big-----but not as big as a mini-motorhome?!?!?!?!?

[Edited on 7-14-2022 by Barry A.]
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.