BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: 80 year-old American resident of Campo Ocotillos (near San Felipe) shot and killed
BajaTed
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-29-2022 at 02:16 PM

Just saying, for a price there could be justice.

Every Ex-Pat who employs a local in S.F. should say NO work today, maybe manana. Until they squeeze back, it will only get worse.

Es Todo Bueno
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-29-2022 at 02:47 PM

Perhaps put a bounty on the killer's head.

If there was more than one guy, the other guy knows who the killer is.

$$$$

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-30-2022 at 01:40 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaTed  

Every Ex-Pat who employs a local in S.F. should say NO work today, maybe manana. Until they squeeze back, it will only get worse.

Seriously, you are suggesting that ex-pats turn their innocent cleaners and gardeners away with no pay because some bad dudes murdered a gringo? What an awful idea. You don't even know if the criminals were local. Maybe no one in town knows them.

Plenty of crimes in my town are perpetrated by non-locals. They hear there are lots of ex-pats and tourists here, and come here specifically to thieve. Or they are from construction crews who come to work here because there is little work where they are from. No one local knows them.

[Edited on 7-30-2022 by surabi]

4x4abc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: happy - always

[*] posted on 7-30-2022 at 05:35 PM

the old racist philosophy - the bad guys must be from out of town.

[Edited on 7-31-2022 by 4x4abc]

[Edited on 7-31-2022 by 4x4abc]

Harald Pietschmann
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-30-2022 at 06:45 PM

Collective punishment of workers would not seem a great tactic, but, it's been a popular tool in the past.

John
surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-30-2022 at 08:42 PM

Quote: Originally posted by 4x4abc  

the old racist philosophy - the bad guys must be from out of town.

Huh? What does this have to do with racism? I was assuming we are talking about Mexican perpetrators here, whether they are local or from out of town- how does that relate to racism? I didn't say they were from out of town, anyway, I suggested that it is possibly a false presumption that they are locals and someone local knows who they are.

Now you could say that it is racist to assume they are Mexican- that would be true. Maybe they're some gringo tweakers, or other foreigners.
RFClark
Super Nomad

Mood: Looking forward to 2024

[*] posted on 7-30-2022 at 09:08 PM

Anyone know where the VW was found?
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 7-30-2022 at 10:05 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaTed  

Vigilante justice. Boycotts by the expat noble class!

Where do gringos get their entitlements?

Aren't we special?!?!?!?!

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

freediverbrian
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-31-2022 at 09:56 AM

The bus was found just a few miles away in the edijo.
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 7-31-2022 at 01:54 PM

Looks like to me the killings in that area are when. Home owner goes out his home tries to stop robbers. Better stay in house see if they enter your car boat or what ever. Then shoot them before they shoot you. Or let them take it bad people everywhere.
Alm
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-5-2022 at 07:00 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  

Gonzaga Bay is about 100 road miles north of L.A. Bay.

[Edited on 7-29-2022 by David K]

... and worlds away. SF is not nice anymore, too many people. Not to say that such thing can't happen in BOLA.
RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-5-2022 at 08:06 PM

Alm,

Such a thing has happened in BofLA several times and more in a much smaller popuation!
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-6-2022 at 01:04 AM

I've been checking daily a Mexicali newspaper that initially reported the murder - nothing new.

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-6-2022 at 08:59 AM

Quote: Originally posted by RFClark  
Alm,

Such a thing has happened in BofLA several times and more in a much smaller popuation!

Todos Santos

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-6-2022 at 09:31 AM

Lee,

3 murders this year (2022) at the Denver Airport, 5 murders at 5 points! 55 total! I’d rather be in Todos Santos!
Alm
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-6-2022 at 08:28 PM

Quote: Originally posted by RFClark  
Alm,

I am aware of all the incidents of this kind. The last one was (I think) 5 years ago when guys with guns tried to steal a boat, the owner attacked them with baseball bat, was shot dead. Out of town guys. Another one was with the guy who liked drinking with wrong people, arguing, flashing his money, inviting God knows who to his casa. Was looking for trouble, the trouble found him. Random theft of a low-value item that went wrong like that one in SF, with a gringo victim - don't recall, maybe salty veterans would refresh my memory.

[Edited on 8-7-2022 by Alm]
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 8-6-2022 at 08:47 PM

Meth heads and criminals everywhere. bOLA, San Felipe, etc. risk exists everywhere. Things have gotten worse with increased in population, increase in drug addiction, and to some degree the increase in cartel infiltration into all facets of Mexican life (I don’t think cartels cause many problems for gringos, but the cartel behavior and tolerance of cartels causes general decay in social mores, increased propensity in violence in all criminals and druggies).

What Mexico needs is true strong democracy, strong police (with citizen oversight to control the tendency for police to be thugs) and changes in society to stamp out pervasive corruption…

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 9-25-2022 at 10:19 AM

Yes so true as long as USA need for drugs it will never stop . So sad
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-25-2022 at 10:21 AM

Quote: Originally posted by bajatrailrider  
Yes so true as long as USA need for drugs it will never stop . So sad

So true!!!!

Perhaps the best solution would be to just legalize it all, then have registered and taxed dispensaries to at least degrade the black market. At least the legal pot dispensaries seem to be selling at street level prices, which ought to channel demand into more regulated supply chains.

Of course, it's a complicated issue, which simple minded solutions will not solve.

John

[Edited on 9-25-2022 by John Harper]
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.