Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Fideicomiso
Markus10L
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-8-2022 at 11:05 AM
Fideicomiso

Hi,

I have reached the end of the first year on my fideicomiso. My fideicomiso is with Banorte and realized that I am a few months late on paying the fees. My friends down south use a property manager to pay for theirs and have not attempted to pay for it on their own. I would prefer to be able to pay my utilities, property taxes, and fideicomiso on my own but am new to living in Baja and not sure how cumbersome the task ahead may be.

Is anyone else with Banorte for their fideicomiso? Has anyone else been a few months behind on their fideicomiso? Other than late penalties are there any repercussions for being late?

Thanks,

-Mark

bajafreaks
Nomad

Mood: No Bad Days !!!

[*] posted on 8-8-2022 at 12:16 PM

When I had a fideo (sold the property) we were late a few times and never an issue. I was able to pay online via CC. The contact info below is the person I've been in touch with maybe try her.
Mirsa Patricia Sosa Peña. Av. Reforma 1101, Col. Centro, Mexicali, BC. Mexico CP 2100 Tel: 686-551-5337
surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-8-2022 at 01:45 PM

Yes, mine is with Banorte and you can pay it online from anywhere.

And congrats on actually calling it by its real name, not fidi or fideo, like a lot of gringoes do, which isn't even a shortening of the correct spelling.
bajafreaks
Nomad

Mood: No Bad Days !!!

[*] posted on 8-8-2022 at 02:05 PM

Quote: Originally posted by surabi  

And congrats on actually calling it by its real name, not fidi or fideo, like a lot of gringoes do, which isn't even a shortening of the correct spelling.

I don't know why I even bother responding to posts anymore...it's always some smart-ass remarks.
Markus10L
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-8-2022 at 02:38 PM

Quote: Originally posted by surabi  

Bajafreaks- Thanks for the info, I tried the phone number but not sure if it is still active.

Surabi- I have been told there is an online way to do things. Thanks for the heads up. I have been on the Banorte site and have not had success. The virtual assistant is not of much assistance ):
RFClark
Super Nomad

Mood: Looking forward to 2024

[*] posted on 8-8-2022 at 02:40 PM

The Banorte office is located next to hotel circle in Cabo San Jose. We pay ours in person and they will wave the late fees usually.
Markus10L
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-8-2022 at 02:50 PM

RFClark I think this may be the best option until I can figure out how to use the internet :( I appreciate the information.

Side note- I will gladly purchase a case of beer, wine, or soft drinks for anyone in the Todos Santos area that has a little time and is willing to share a little knowledge on setting up the app for utilities, and info for paying for water and property taxes. (maybe two cases :D ). I am driving down from Lompoc, CA on the 15th so the options are wide open.
RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-8-2022 at 03:20 PM

Pay utility bills at BBVA. Property Taxes can be paid at the City Office next to the police station downtown. You can probably pay at Banorte too.

On line I think you can pay with XOOM.com
RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-8-2022 at 03:44 PM

My bad we’re with Banco del Sur. Banorte has an office in Todos Santos you can pay there. Probably water and utilities (CFE) too. The property tax office is walking distance from Banorte.

We’re here all month if you need help. Watch out for speed traps between El Cine (KM100) and Todos Santos. San Ignacio B&B is a good place to stay overnight.
RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-8-2022 at 03:47 PM

You’ll need your property tax number and your fideicomiso number
BajaTed
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-8-2022 at 03:49 PM

The bank is only one aspect of your Fideocomiso. The Publico Notario is the most important aspect, they have the government notarized record which is the basis of all you got going. See that written record one time, take a photo and you'll sleep better if the office burns down.

Es Todo Bueno
RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-8-2022 at 07:58 PM

Lencho,

Several reasons:

1) Really poor public schools.

2) Everyone gets an award grading.

3) English spelling rules are a bitc*.

Villas

[*] posted on 8-8-2022 at 08:10 PM

BAnorte has an app I think its uLink, in the municipality of la Paz you can pay takes online from their website, with non mexico credit cards,

Water bill, sorry no experience, CFE, is payable with several platforms, but they don’t accept non Mexico credit cards on their app
RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-9-2022 at 07:32 AM

L,

Nope not easy!

“i” before “E” except after “C” or when sounding like “A” as in neighbor or weigh covers it! Should add fideicamiso too!

surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-9-2022 at 07:42 AM

Quote: Originally posted by RFClark  
Lencho,

Several reasons:

1) Really poor public schools.

2) Everyone gets an award grading.

That has nothing to do with why they misspell Spanish words, that's why they can't spell in English.

They misspell in Spanish because first of all, they mispronounce Spanish words and then spell them like they think they are pronounced, and secondly, they don't care and think it doesn't matter. They're still of the 3rd grade mindset of "Spelling is stupid. Who cares?"

But I agree with you about the "everyone gets a prize"- it instills the idea that whatever they do is good enough, even when it isn't. It has led to a generation of illiterates.

[Edited on 8-9-2022 by surabi]
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 8-9-2022 at 07:44 AM

Quote: Originally posted by lencho  
Quote: Originally posted by RFClark  

Completely agree, but I don't understand why that should impact folks' spelling of Spanish words.

Which should be ridiculously easy, for people coming from an English-spelling background. <shrug>

Or why the spelling isn't corrected with edit or next time the word is used?

How about place name spellings? That's my fun topic!
A few of the places often misspelled:

San Felipe (not Felipi)
Puertecitos (not Puertocitos)
San Quintín (not Quentin)
Alfonsina's (not Alphonsina's)
Santa Rosalillita (not Rosaliita)
Mulegé (not Muleje)
Loreto (not Loretto)
Los Barriles (not Barilles)

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-9-2022 at 08:02 AM

Quote: Originally posted by lencho  
Quote: Originally posted by BajaTed  
...your Fideocomiso.

I´ve always wondered why that misspelling is so prevalent among native English speakers.

I had trouble with fideicomiso when I first tried to spell it. It breaks the "i" before "e" except after "c" rule (yes I know that is an English rule but nonetheless) and I'm not sure how the letter combination "ei" is pronounced in Spanish. I pronounce it like a long "e".

I like "Fido". arf, arf. (The name of Abraham Lincoln's dog BTW).

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-9-2022 at 08:44 AM

I pronounce fideiocomiso “ei” like an “a”!
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-9-2022 at 08:51 AM

Not sure if this will be helpful, but water can be paid in advance. I paid for a whole year of water for a family I help out in La Bocana. That is the only bill I have never heard of there being an app for.

Isn't it odd that the bank does not send out a reminder about property taxes or fideicomisos?

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-9-2022 at 09:29 AM

BB,

Banco del Sur does send fideicomiso reminders. Todos Santos where we pay property taxes posts a reminder and has offered a discount if you pay early. When we applied for our building license they wanted a copy of our last tax payment receipt.
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.