Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Fideicomiso
submarine_dbk
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-9-2022 at 09:37 AM
Banorte/Ulin

Quote: Originally posted by Markus10L  
Hi,

I have reached the end of the first year on my fideicomiso. My fideicomiso is with Banorte and realized that I am a few months late on paying the fees. My friends down south use a property manager to pay for theirs and have not attempted to pay for it on their own. I would prefer to be able to pay my utilities, property taxes, and fideicomiso on my own but am new to living in Baja and not sure how cumbersome the task ahead may be.

Is anyone else with Banorte for their fideicomiso? Has anyone else been a few months behind on their fideicomiso? Other than late penalties are there any repercussions for being late?

Thanks,

-Mark

I can confirm that we have used the ULink app to pay our Fido for three years running. Super easy. We've had one instance where we paid a late fee and it was < $10/month. We always email to confirm what we owe and request (and have received) a confirmation of receipt of payment (which has taken 10-14 days after payment via the app). The only issue we've had is turnover in personnel we've contacted to confirm amount owed - this has led us to email chases a couple times, but in the end we've always gotten help. Most recent email contact we used was silvia.lopez.juarez@banorte.com. Silvia, like all others before her was both helpful and prompt.
surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-9-2022 at 02:17 PM

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  
Quote: Originally posted by lencho  
Quote: Originally posted by BajaTed  
...your Fideocomiso.

I´ve always wondered why that misspelling is so prevalent among native English speakers.

I had trouble with fideicomiso when I first tried to spell it. It breaks the "i" before "e" except after "c" rule (yes I know that is an English rule but nonetheless) and I'm not sure how the letter combination "ei" is pronounced in Spanish. I pronounce it like a long "e".

I like "Fido". arf, arf. (The name of Abraham Lincoln's dog BTW).

There really aren't any letter combinations that create one sound in Spanish as there are in English. Each of the vowels only has one pronunciation, unlike in English, and all are pronounced.

So the ei in fideicomiso is pronounced ay-ee. Both letters are pronounced, but when said fast, that can be hard to hear.

Spanish vowels translated to English sounds:

A- ah
E- ay
I- ee.
O- oh
U- ooh

Always. This actually makes Spanish pronunciation much easier to learn than English, as letters never vary in sound and all are pronounced.

[Edited on 8-9-2022 by surabi]

greta-inbaja
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-9-2022 at 03:01 PM

We use the ULINk app and it has worked the last 3 yrs. they send a receipt.. I email Banorte for the amount due.. the first time I paid I had to ask what reference number to use as our original contract was with Fidu What?..
ALberto.Núñez.herrera@banorte.com
I also CC Mirsa Patricia Sosa Pena because her name has always been on the email responses they send me..
Mirsa.sosa@banorte.com
I keep a copy of all communications..ULink is easy.
We pay our taxes in person in La Ribera… much easier than San Jose

chippy
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-9-2022 at 03:02 PM

Quote: Originally posted by surabi  
Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  
Quote: Originally posted by lencho  
Quote: Originally posted by BajaTed  
...your Fideocomiso.

I´ve always wondered why that misspelling is so prevalent among native English speakers.

I had trouble with fideicomiso when I first tried to spell it. It breaks the "i" before "e" except after "c" rule (yes I know that is an English rule but nonetheless) and I'm not sure how the letter combination "ei" is pronounced in Spanish. I pronounce it like a long "e".

I like "Fido". arf, arf. (The name of Abraham Lincoln's dog BTW).

There really aren't any letter combinations that create one sound in Spanish as there are in English. Each of the vowels only has one pronunciation, unlike in English, and all are pronounced.

So the ei in fideicomiso is pronounced ay-ee. Both letters are pronounced, but when said fast, that can be hard to hear.

Spanish vowels translated to English sounds:

A- ah
E- ay
I- ee.
O- oh
U- ooh

Always. This actually makes Spanish pronunciation much easier to learn than English, as letters never vary in sound and all are pronounced.

I don't think your e pronunciation is correct. You don't need the y. But hey I've been known to be wrong so I'll let Lencho sort this out:lol:.
surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-9-2022 at 05:53 PM

Quote: Originally posted by chippy  

I don't think your e pronunciation is correct. You don't need the y. But hey I've been known to be wrong so I'll let Lencho sort this out:lol:.

Yes, my "e" pronunciation is right. What do you mean you don't need the y in writing the equivalent sound in English?
Can you understand it better if I say that an "e" in Spanish is pronounced like "eh" in English, which sounds the same as what I wrote, "ay"?

I can assure you my Spanish pronunciation is correct. I've lived here full time for 20 years and not only speak Spanish, but Mexicans tell me I speak very good Spanish, because I don't pronounce Spanish like the average American does.

For instance, it isn't pronounced Cer-veza, it's pronounced Cehr-veh-za.

[Edited on 8-10-2022 by surabi]
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.