Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  4
Author: Subject: Cartel chaos currently in northern Baja
Bajazly
Senior Nomad

Mood: More Relaxed Everyday

[*] posted on 8-13-2022 at 12:27 AM
Cartel chaos currently in northern Baja

But I just got this from a friend and i'm getting some intel locally it is real. They say Friday thru Sunday nights be alert and stay in.

Anybody heading over the border soon may want to hang out north for a minute till this blows over.

IMG_1909.JPEG - 176kB

[Edited on 8-13-2022 by BajaNomad]

Believing is religion - Knowing is science

Harald Pietschmann

"Get off the beaten path and memories, friends and new techniques are developed"

Bajazly, August 2019
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-13-2022 at 12:36 AM

its not all "peace love and fish tacos" here:no:
RFClark
Super Nomad

Mood: Looking forward to 2024

[*] posted on 8-13-2022 at 02:16 AM

We did notice increased army and police patrols in San Felipe and La Paz when we passed through about 10 days ago.

The current reports and pictures seem to originate from the TJ area. No civilians have been reported injured in the vehicle burnings Friday.

In other news this week, 6 people were burned to death and others injured in a fiery Los Angeles auto crash caused by a multiple offender driving 80 MPH through a red light. The woman driver is finally being held without bail by the usually no bail LA D.A. Almost a first for LA!

Frankly, I feel safer in Baja Sur.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 8-13-2022 at 03:41 AM

Quote: Originally posted by RFClark  
We did notice increased army and police patrols in San Felipe and La Paz when we passed through about 10 days ago.

The current reports and pictures seem to originate from the TJ area. No civilians have been reported injured in the vehicle burnings Friday.

In other news this week, 6 people were burned to death and others injured in a fiery Los Angeles auto crash caused by a multiple offender driving 80 MPH through a red light. The woman driver is finally being held without bail by the usually no bail LA D.A. Almost a first for LA!

Frankly, I feel safer in Baja Sur.

At least in California, crime gangs don’t start car fires nationwide to protest arrests of their leaders!

Pretty silly to compare California to baja. Cal has population of 39M over 164K sq mile area, and a >$3 trillion economy.

You live in a rural Mexican state with pop of 800k.

Plenty of rural areas in CA with better safety and health statistics than BCS.

[Edited on 8-13-2022 by mtgoat666]

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-13-2022 at 05:44 AM

The video of this accident is horrific. Apparently, the driver was a nurse, not on drugs or alcohol, and had been involved in 13 prior accidents. The pictures of her in court showed complete indifference. Who drives 90 mph on city streets and doesn't expect a catastrophic result?

John
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-13-2022 at 06:10 AM
Cartel Terrorism - Now!

Some very serious chit is happening. More is expected.

"24 vehicles were set on fire in four hours… in five of the 7 Baja California municipalities, Mexicali, Tecate, Ensenada, Tijuana and Rosarito. Tractor trucks, cargo trucks, freight trucks, passenger trucks, compact cars, vans."

"Javier Adrián Beltrán Cabrera is the first suspect of having organized and ordered the narco-blockades in Baja California on Friday, August 12, according to the initial indications received by the intelligence areas of the corporations integrated into the Coordination Table for the Peace and security."

"The criminals crossed the cars and set them on fire in different roads, all main and high traffic, they even blocked bridges, closed the toll road in both lanes at the height of Rosarito, also the entrance to Tijuana through the Garita de San Isidro, burned cars next to hospitals, sports stadiums, to terrify and attract attention.

They did it during peak hours, at the end of work, between 5:00 p.m. and 9:00 p.m. on Friday, August 12, after 9:00 p.m. the reports of fires were reduced. The rows of smoke in the sky, and the howl of the sirens of firemen and patrols was the constant.

The burning or wet and smoking cars were in at least 20 streets throughout the state, in total there were 24 accidents in which 28 motor vehicles were consumed by fire, while the municipal and state authorities decided to suspend all communication."

https://zetatijuana.com/2022/08/baja-california-en-llamas-pu...

[Edited on 8-13-2022 by SFandH]

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
BajaNomad
Super Administrator
Threads Merged
8-13-2022 at 07:05 AM
BajaNomad
Super Administrator
Thread Moved
8-13-2022 at 07:05 AM
RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-13-2022 at 07:31 AM
Goat did you sleep through all this?

https://www.dailysignal.com/2020/09/04/39-photos-capture-ame...

D0E620C8-0A34-41B2-9015-BCE9689F762F.jpeg - 300kB
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-13-2022 at 07:35 AM

Can't you stay on topic? You're posting photos from 2 years ago in US.

[Edited on 8-13-2022 by SFandH]

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-13-2022 at 07:50 AM

https://www.dailysignal.com/2020/09/04/39-photos-capture-ame...

New generation cartel waging nationwide terror campaign is a bit worse than a social protest that got out of hand, eh? Clarkie, I think the George Floyd killing by police was abominable,… I totally understand why people would riot in response to institutionalized racism/police brutality. The cops in George Floyd killing were all bad, and reflected a pervasive rot amongst the police force, where cops turn a blind eye while watching a cop commit murder, because loyalty to blue means more than doing the right thing.

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-13-2022 at 07:57 AM

Goat,

I’m not sure the people who’s lives were destroyed and businesses burned see the difference in the lawlessness. I know that the dead don’t nor do I!
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-13-2022 at 08:12 AM

Goat,

I’m not sure the people who’s lives were destroyed and businesses burned see the difference in the lawlessness. I know that the dead don’t nor do I!

Sounds like you are part of the problem of institutionalized racism.. Try opening your mind and being part of the solution.

Woke!

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 8-13-2022 at 08:39 AM

Discover Baja Travel Club email just now:

Due to country-wide cartel violence, there have been numerous cases of vehicle fires, roadblocks, and heavy police activity throughout Northern Baja in Tijuana, Mexicali, Rosarito, Ensenada, and Tecate. The problems started last night (Friday, August 12th) and are expected to continue through the weekend until at least Sunday night. Authorities are urging everyone to stay at home and off the roads. Curfews have been in effect throughout the region. Please avoid travel in this area through the weekend. If you are in the area, authorities advise staying home or in your hotel until the situation improves.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-13-2022 at 08:48 AM

Cartel promises mass violence in all of Northern Baja through the weekend

The message from the cartel:

“As of Friday at 10 p.m. through Sunday at 3 a.m. we’re going to create mass chaos so the government frees our people, we’re the Jalisco Cartel Nueva Generación, we don’t want to hurt good people but it’s best they don’t go outside, we’re going to attack anyone we see on the streets on these days.”

https://www.borderreport.com/news/cartel-promises-mass-viole...

Woke!

bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 8-13-2022 at 09:25 AM

Reminds me of riots in Cali but less. Anyone going past TJ or Ensenada today. Have friend just this morning passed TJ and Ensenada . With motos on trailer reported clear no problems.
Terry28
Senior Nomad

Mood: Thirsty

[*] posted on 8-13-2022 at 09:33 AM

strange, the music festival in Rosarito goes on without a hitch!! thousands and thousands of people....

Mexico!! Where two can live as cheaply as one.....but it costs twice as much.....
Bajazly
Senior Nomad

Mood: More Relaxed Everyday

[*] posted on 8-13-2022 at 10:09 AM

The Code and Record offroad race that was going to be today was cancelled.

Believing is religion - Knowing is science

Harald Pietschmann

"Get off the beaten path and memories, friends and new techniques are developed"

Bajazly, August 2019
RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-13-2022 at 10:12 AM

Goat,

I sure all the minorities who lost their lives, businesses and jobs will disagree with you that it was institutional racism that destroyed their lives, but if that’s what you see from under your bed enjoy!

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-13-2022 at 10:26 AM

Goat,

I sure all the minorities who lost their lives, businesses and jobs will disagree with you that it was institutional racism that destroyed their lives, but if that’s what you see from under your bed enjoy!

Clarkie,
I don’t understand why you try to minimize the severity of this weeks cartel terrorism by suggesting that usa race protests were worse.
Why don’t you try to paint a good picture of Mexico by comparing todays terrorism to Russian invasion of Ukraine?

The cartel terrorism is pretty outrageous, taking place across several states in Mexico, in coordinated terror attacks, and even along the usa border. When the consulate tells expats and tourists to shelter in place for entire weekend of terrorism, things are a bit over the top and dare I say, abnormal and just plain wrong!

[Edited on 8-13-2022 by mtgoat666]

Woke!

SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-13-2022 at 10:44 AM

On the other hand, I haven't read about anybody getting killed or injured because of arson. Maybe, but I haven't seen it.

The local news says it's quiet.

https://www.elimparcial.com/tijuana/seccion/tijuana/

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-13-2022 at 10:59 AM

I’m not in favor of lawlessness in general. Both Mexico and the US have problems.

Yesterday the cartels burned about 24 trucks and busses in TJ and Ensenada, BC North. They, to my reading of the reports did not loot, burn or kill yet. Might they possibly do so, yes though looting seems not to be their thing like in the US.

The Mexican police and army seem to be trying to actually stop them in TJ and Ensenada. Not much seems to be happening in Mexicali and BCS yet!

In the US the police and national guard were ordered not to confront looters and arsonists even after some people were killed by the looters.

Looting is not a legitimate form of social protest nor is arson! Allowing it to occur is criminal conduct by government!

XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

On Tuesday the cartel burned down 25 oxxo stores.
I have lost count of how many murders have been committed by cartels. Probably several hundred thousand.
How many businesses in Mexico are being extorted by cartels? Many 10s of thousands.

[Edited on 8-14-2022 by BajaNomad]

Woke!

Pages:  1    3  4

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.