BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: CFE offering phone and internet!
Don Pisto
Super Nomad

Mood: weary like everyone else

[*] posted on 8-20-2022 at 01:31 PM
CFE offering phone and internet!

another choice...
https://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/electricity-commission-laun...

there's only two things in life but I forget what they are........
John Hiatt
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 8-20-2022 at 01:56 PM

Sounds like a pretty good deal for those visitors that do not have Mexico coverage.

I read the quotation that ended the article; "The newspaper El Financiero published an article about the new service under a headline that warned Carlos Slim – the owner of Mexico’s dominant wireless telecommunications company – to “watch out.”

I would be very surprised if he is not already part of the government option!

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
Don Pisto
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-20-2022 at 02:16 PM

oh well forget it, doesn't appear to be offered in baja...
https://www.arout.net/how-to-contract-the-cfe-telephone-and-...

John Hiatt
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-20-2022 at 02:37 PM

It looks like the states of Baja California (north and south) and Sonora are not going to be allowed to sell the CFE simcards, but they will be included in the coverage!

Quote, "Due to the above, the coverage it offers is practically the same as that of other private telecommunications companies, with coverage points from the state of Yucatan to Baja California."

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
Don Pisto
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-20-2022 at 11:00 PM

Quote: Originally posted by lencho  
Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  

Quote, "Due to the above, the coverage it offers is practically the same as that of other private telecommunications companies, with coverage points from the state of Yucatan to Baja California."

What's your source on that? I'd like to see the whole context.

it couldn't be the link I provided 3 replies ago could it,,,lencho

John Hiatt
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-21-2022 at 06:55 AM
A.T.T got me again

After reading this post yesterday, I stopped by the ATT store near me to check my Mexico coverage. When my old 3G phone quit working this year, they talked me into transferring my number to a flat monthly fee that they said would save me money over the pre-paid 10 cent a minute plan I was using.

What they didn't tell me was that I will have to commit to twenty dollars a month more if I want to use my phone in Baja!

I hate ATT!

pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-21-2022 at 10:57 AM

I've used AT&T [prepay] in baja for years. Works well for me.
Bajazly
Senior Nomad

Mood: More Relaxed Everyday

[*] posted on 8-21-2022 at 11:01 AM

Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  
After reading this post yesterday, I stopped by the ATT store near me to check my Mexico coverage. When my old 3G phone quit working this year, they talked me into transferring my number to a flat monthly fee that they said would save me money over the pre-paid 10 cent a minute plan I was using.

What they didn't tell me was that I will have to commit to twenty dollars a month more if I want to use my phone in Baja!

I hate ATT!

Look into ATT prepaid. I did it a few months ago and it is working pretty good. $300 all up for the year and they don't care where you are.

Believing is religion - Knowing is science

Harald Pietschmann

"Get off the beaten path and memories, friends and new techniques are developed"

Bajazly, August 2019
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-21-2022 at 01:24 PM

Quote: Originally posted by pacificobob  
I've used AT&T [prepay] in baja for years. Works well for me.

I have been using ATT pre-paid since 2012, and it always worked well for me. It was 10 cents/min in the US, .65 in Canada, and .35 in Mexico. That was as recent as November 2021.

When I also had a land line at my home, I would put $100 a year on my cell plan and it would usually take care of my minimal phone needs.

Texts on the old plan were actually much more expensive than talking, and that is what they used to get me to give up the old plan.

I will check again for an annual plan, but as of yesterday I was told that a plan including Mexico coverage would be $65 per month, but I could lower the cost to $50 by signing up for automatic payments.

AKgringo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-24-2022 at 10:26 AM
More B.S. from ATT!

I went back to my local ATT no service center today to inquire about the $300 per year pre-pay plan that will work for me in Mexico.

They told me that they could not help me with that, and I would have to purchase it online (or phone?). Oh, by the way, it is only for new customers and I could not port my old number to the new plan!

I hate ATT!

bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 8-24-2022 at 10:42 AM

My internet house phone bill is 400 peso a month. Except the land line Telnor I never use there land line. Only telcel by credit any store in house usa number Magic jack. Plus Mex cel works in states .

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.