Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: The Last Pacifico I'll ever drink
Santiago
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-9-2022 at 02:15 PM
The Last Pacifico I'll ever drink

The anti-Pacifico hijack in a recent thread reminded me of the last Pacifico I will ever 'drink'. 8 or 9 years ago my business partner (have to say 'business' now a days) and I send our office gofer out on a Friday afternoon for tacos and 6 pack of beer. Dude came back with a 12-pack of Taco Bell 'tacos' and Pacificos. This should have been our first clue that maybe this young man was not up to our high standards.
Anyway, we ate the Taco Bells and washed them down with the beer, one left over.
Ever since, that lonely bottle has been sitting in the back of the office fridge, ever the butt of jokes. Slowly, over time, it has achieved mythical status, so much so that someone carefully wrapped it in packaging material. Must be the skunkiest beer around by know.

About a year ago we were interviewing for a starting office position and during the first interview I casually asked "What's the decimal equivalent of three fourths?" and got an immediate "You mean like point seventy five?" Hired her on the spot as you have no idea how many recent HS grads just shrug, it's beyond them.

Last month I was at my partner's desk going over stuff and she walks by and asks what was the deal with that Pacifico. I told her that we were saving it so the surviving partner could pour it over the grave of the dead partner. She keeps walking and says to me "Well then, you're gonna get wet". Office breaks out in hoots and gaffaws.

She's right of course, I got 10 years on my partner. Odds are that will be the last Pacifico I will ever drink. Until then... it's Bohemia.

old Pacifico 1_11zon.jpg - 56kB
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-9-2022 at 02:41 PM

Great story.

John
elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-9-2022 at 02:57 PM

:cool::lol:

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 9-9-2022 at 03:02 PM

For almost fifteen years now, I have limited myself to NA beers. North of the border there are several tasty options, but not so in Baja.

The only Mexican brewed non-alcohol cervecas I have found so far are Sol Cero (not fit to drink) and Heiniken 0.0, which is almost like a real beer.

I would try a Pacifico NA if they ever offer it. Anybody know of another Mexican NA?

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
Don Pisto
Super Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: weary like everyone else

[*] posted on 9-9-2022 at 03:16 PM

Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  
For almost fifteen years now, I have limited myself to NA beers. North of the border there are several tasty options, but not so in Baja.

The only Mexican brewed non-alcohol cervecas I have found so far are Sol Cero (not fit to drink) and Heiniken 0.0, which is almost like a real beer.

I would try a Pacifico NA if they ever offer it. Anybody know of another Mexican NA?

yes, not a recommendation but a mexican friend that sings at our local cantina swears that for him Corona NA can't be beat. different strokes and worth a try.

there's only two things in life but I forget what they are........
John Hiatt
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 9-9-2022 at 03:24 PM

I'll look for it, probably in a week or two. Personally, in my drinking real beer days, I thought Corona was a step below Pacifico!

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
Don Pisto
Super Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 9-9-2022 at 03:32 PM

Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  
I'll look for it, probably in a week or two. Personally, in my drinking real beer days, I thought Corona was a step below Pacifico!

like I said different strokes, I've always enjoyed the "skunkiness" of clear bottled beer, used to love drinking Miller quarts in the sun.
of interest at least in my part of town the beer I see most drank by locals is.....Amstel low carb!

John Hiatt
advrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-9-2022 at 04:15 PM

Love it!
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-9-2022 at 04:28 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Don Pisto  

used to love drinking Miller quarts in the sun.
of interest at least in my part of town the beer I see most drank by locals is.....Amstel low carb!

Miller - "the champagne of bottled beer", according to the label, I used to buy 6 packs.

The Amstel low carb popularity? Is it the cheapest? That's a good reason to drink it.

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-9-2022 at 04:31 PM

The worst is warm Tecate red. Oh, just terrible.

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-9-2022 at 04:35 PM

I drink tecate light [Aka blancas] that way when gringo pals stop by they bring beer they are more willing to drink.
Don Pisto
Super Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 9-9-2022 at 04:40 PM

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  
Quote: Originally posted by Don Pisto  

used to love drinking Miller quarts in the sun.

Miller - "the champagne of bottled beer", according to the label, I used to buy 6 packs.

The Amstel low carb popularity? Is it the cheapest? That's a good reason to drink it.

I don't think so, I think many mexicans have been become more health conscious and are trying to eat better, shed some of those tortilla pounds and hit the gym. In the poorer parts of town they're gonna buy what ever is the cheapest. Bud Lite/Coors Lite. Its all good:D

[Edited on 9-10-2022 by Don Pisto]

John Hiatt

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.