Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Lots of Dodos at La paz
sd
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-22-2022 at 04:10 PM

What does it cost for a Panga and captain in Muertos?
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 9-22-2022 at 05:20 PM

Quote: Originally posted by gnukid  
…and taking a huge commission for tourists but contributing nothing in return.

The best thing is to connect and interact directly with panga and yacht captains or least family coordinators.

What is his commission?

Since there is no readily available contact list for pangeros, how is the typical tourist fisherperson supposed to find and contact a pangero for a day of fishing?

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

Cliffy
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-22-2022 at 08:06 PM

To quote AN above posting-

"Lets figure out what's going on here?

We are a group of more than 200 pangueros who work in the region.

Since the first day Tailhunter arrived no one has ever seen or met a person named Jonathan Roldan?

(CAPS are for emphasis and not yelling)

SOMETHING DOESN'T SEEM QUITE RIGHT HERE- AS I HAVE MET "JONATHAN AND HIS WIFE JILL" ON NUMEROUS OCCASIONS BOTH IN THE USA AND BAJA FOR MANY YEARS

Has anyone here seen a person identified as Jonathan Roldan at any launch or part of any fishing panga ever in the region?
AGAIN I HAVE RECDENTLY BEEN WITH "JONATHAN" ON THE BEACH IN BACK OF THE LA CONCHA HOTEL AS WE LOADED NUMEROUS PANGAS FOR A DAY OF FISHING- SOMETHING DOESN'T SMELL RIGHT IF THERE IS NO ONE NAMED "JONATHAN" IN LA PAZ.

We have many activities to complete our work, permitting, outfitting, gas, drinks and food, filleting, servicing motors and trailers.

has anyone ever met Jonathan Roldan in the service or maintenance of any Panga?

Does anyone have a specific positive experience with details to share about a positive interaction with Jonathan Roldan in relation to details and actions that supported a specific trip that you can share?"

EITHER YOU DIDN'T READ MY ABOVE REPORT OR YOU HAVE DISCOUNTED IT OUT OF HAND
AS I SAID- I "BOOKED" MY FISHING TRIP THROUGH JONATHAN AND TAILHUNTERS SO THAT HE COULD DO ALL THE GROUND WORK ON MY BEHALF TO SET UP THE TRIP, THE ACCOMODATIONS, THE FOOD, THE BOAT AND CAPTAIN, THE FILETING AND THE PORTIONING AND FREEZING OF MY CATCH.
LET ME BE CLEAR- HE DID ALL THAT ASKED AND TOOK A PERSONAL INTEREST IN MY AND MY FISHING PARTNERS WELL BEING. JUST LIKE ANY OTHER BOOKING AGENT WOULD NORMALLY DO

JONATHAN SEEMS TO BE ABLE TO GET CAPTS AND BOATS TO WORK FOR HIS CLIENTS WITHOUT TOO MUCH TROUBLE AND HE HAS BEEN DOING IT FOR MANY YEARS --- THIS IS WHERE SOMETHING DOESN'T SEEM RIGHT HERE --- HE'S BEEN DOING IT FOR YEARS AND YOU SEEM TO HAVE NO KNOWLEDGE OF HIS EXSISTANCE.

Now let me regress a little here- I have hunted in Africa 5 times over the years. I have always used a booking agent to arrange all aspects of the trip for me. Just as Jonathan does with fishing in La Paz.
I have also been in the African booking business in years past doing what Jonathan does for my clients in Africa- arranging everything so the customer doesn't have to do it.

WHAT I'M HEARING IS THAT YOU ARE UPSET THAT HE ARRANGES FISHING TRIPS FOR A FEE ABOVE WHAT "YOU" (IF YOU ARE A PANGANERO) WOULD NORMALLY CHARGE.
IF THAT IS THE CASE THEN YOU HAVE A MARKETING PROBLEM TO SOLVE. WHY DON'T YOU AND YOUR FELLOW CAPTS GO TO ALL THE FISHING SHOWS THAT JONATHAN DOES, SET UP A BOOTH AND SELL YOUR OWN FISHING TRIPS? WHY DON'T YOU HAVE A WEB PAGE AND CONTACT INFORMATION SO AMERICAN FISHERMEN CAN CONTACT YOU AND ARRANGE TRIPS WITH YOU AND NOT "JONTHAN"? MAKE SURE YOU CAN SET UP ALL ACCOMODATIONS AND MEALS FOR THE TRAVELING FISHERMAN AND
ALL THE TRANSPOTATION TO AND FROM THE OTHER SIDE (MUERTOS) SO THEY CAN GO FISHING.

LIKE I SAID--- SOMETHING SMELLS FISHY WITH THIS LINE OF POSTING I'M RESPONDING TO.

You chose your position in life today by what YOU did yesterday
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 9-23-2022 at 07:24 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Cliffy  

Now let me regress a little here- I have hunted in Africa 5 times over the years. I have always used a booking agent to arrange all aspects of the trip for me. Just as Jonathan does with fishing in La Paz.
I have also been in the African booking business in years past doing what Jonathan does for my clients in Africa- arranging everything so the customer doesn't have to do it.

Trophy hunting disgusts me. Cliffy, you are moving onto the inhumane list. . I really don’t understand the compulsion to fly to Africa to kill an animal for it’s head, skin and a pic posing over dead animal for your social media post. If you truly appreciate animals, you would learn to appreciate them alive.

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

Cliffy
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-23-2022 at 11:12 AM

Well-hunting has a very viable side to the PROTECTION of any species hunted in Africa That's just the first of many reasons why and that is an undisputable fact! Its been proven time and time again in Africa.

If it wasn't for the money the hunting industry brings in there wouldn't be any animal conservation at all on the continent. The fact of the matter is that the money pays for the guards and conservation officers and the people in the fields that the government puts there watching to make sure that the "residents" don't wipe out all the mammals as "bush meat". This happens in every country without good certified SUSTAINABLE hunting programs.

To bring in any animal hunted back to the USA it must pass the rules set down by the USA as not a species in danger A highly complex and rigorous process.

The money brought in to the country provides very good jobs for the "residents" that work for the hunting outfitter. Jobs that are highly sought after as they sustain numerous family members.

Another item NOT talked about by the no hunting crowd is the fact that NOTHING goes to waste in Africa from hunting, The animal is harvested for its meat, innards and bones once it is taken down. Even elephants are COMPLETELY used by the local tribes within 3 or 4 hours of being down. They even split the bones to harvest the marrow. It provides proteins that the local population doesn't get UNLESS the paying hunter downs the animal OR the local population uses dangerous and inhumane wire snares to get "bush meat" in an unregulated manner and sold in meat markets along the road. I have seen hundreds of these "bush meat snares" gathered by the outfitters I have hunted with. They have their own anti-poaching patrols to prevent the needless injury of animals by snares that don't kill the animal but only wound it.

I eat every animal I harvest while in camp. Of course not the entire animal but my share as the rest goes to others around the camp area. I would pay to bring all my hunted animals meat home IF the US government would allow it but they won't. The meat provided is some of the best tasting meat available in the world.

There is also a dangerous animal process on the African continent in many countries whereby animals that are causing problems with the locals (elephants that kill, buffalo that kill, etc) are hunted (and then the protein is used) by the hunter's in the field.

Certified hunting in Africa SAVES the animals from slaughter by the local populace using inhumane methods. FACT not fiction. It provides funds for government conservation programs and not the least of which- FOOD for the local populace.

As a point in fact on one of my trips I was asked to supply a giraffe to the local tribe as they were out of food. I was able to give them a 4,000 pound animal that sustained the entire tribe for 2 weeks. THAT is what good hunting and conservation practices does.

Now lets bring it into the USA. In every state the animal hunted MUST be harvested for its food content and not let to rot in the field. No different than catching a fish and bringing it home for food. The pictures are ancillary to the end product. The conservation rules are no different here than in Africa. The animal is used for food along with pictures.

Anyone is free to believe what they want about hunting but the facts are the facts as to how the animal is used and how the money generated is used. Hunters are by far the largest contributors to animal conservation in the world for hunted and NON HUNTED species. Monies raised through taxes on equipment contribute BILLIONS of dollars to conservation programs all over the world. Money that wouldn't be there if only people who object to hunting were the ones contributing.

How many dollars did you contribute last year to conservation efforts?
I contributed a lot through taxation that I and the vast majority of the hunting crowd approve of.

If you would like to enter into a discussion of what kinds of conservation programs hunters voluntarily support with their money I'm willing to start it right here

Somehow I fear that conservation will never happen

gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-23-2022 at 03:05 PM

Today was another day of horrible nonsense from Tailhunter, but who really cares, certainly not Tailhunter!

The problem is lack of presence, leadership, training, consideration on the part of the reservation company Tailhunter apparently under management of Jill and Jonathan Roldan.

At Muertos their taxis pull up to bring guests and park parallel front row, but don't understand they are blocking the additional launch ramps. Who doesn't want beachfront?

The taxistas park in the morning and wait for the return in the afternoon, but don't understand they are blocking the auxiliary launch area, which is not their fault, no one wants a problem or confrontation, and everyone is happy to have anglers visiting, so we don't want to confront and educate them everyday, since most are new first-timers.

The problem, since forever is that there is no onsite oversight for taillhunter reservations, no launch planning or beach management of the Tailihunter taxis, anglers, nor of interaction at the launch.

Obviously this is not something that anyone wants to deal with since its about happy customers coming to go fishing at the beach which means business.

The problem is that there is not a knowledgeable person from the reservation office managing the arrivals, taxi parking, departures garbage cleanup, etc to ensure success and not block the entire launch area.

No one who works here likes Tailhunter but t seems the customers think its great?

Why doesn't Jonathan Roldan come to the beach and spend a day interacting, come early and fish for bait, check conditions, bring water, understand his parking problem, understand basics about fishing the region, managing his customer taxis, arrivals and departures, gear, garbage, instructing customers about using the bathroom, and manage customers needs and ensure captains and crew are happy?

[Edited on 9-23-2022 by gnukid]
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-23-2022 at 03:25 PM

Quote: Originally posted by sd  
What does it cost for a Panga and captain in Muertos?

Everything changes often

Depends on what you want, panga, gear, bait, type of fishing, timing etc, most basic sport fish pangas in Muertos 22 foot are about $4000+$bait and have room for 1-3 anglers for about 5 hours, there are also 24-26 foot for $6000+ bait$.
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-23-2022 at 03:46 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Cliffy  
To quote AN above posting-

"Lets figure out what's going on here?

We are a group of more than 200 pangueros who work in the region.

Since the first day Tailhunter arrived no one has ever seen or met a person named Jonathan Roldan?

(CAPS are for emphasis and not yelling)

SOMETHING DOESN'T SEEM QUITE RIGHT HERE- AS I HAVE MET "JONATHAN AND HIS WIFE JILL" ON NUMEROUS OCCASIONS BOTH IN THE USA AND BAJA FOR MANY YEARS

Has anyone here seen a person identified as Jonathan Roldan at any launch or part of any fishing panga ever in the region?
AGAIN I HAVE RECDENTLY BEEN WITH "JONATHAN" ON THE BEACH IN BACK OF THE LA CONCHA HOTEL AS WE LOADED NUMEROUS PANGAS FOR A DAY OF FISHING- SOMETHING DOESN'T SMELL RIGHT IF THERE IS NO ONE NAMED "JONATHAN" IN LA PAZ.

We have many activities to complete our work, permitting, outfitting, gas, drinks and food, filleting, servicing motors and trailers.

has anyone ever met Jonathan Roldan in the service or maintenance of any Panga?

Does anyone have a specific positive experience with details to share about a positive interaction with Jonathan Roldan in relation to details and actions that supported a specific trip that you can share?"

EITHER YOU DIDN'T READ MY ABOVE REPORT OR YOU HAVE DISCOUNTED IT OUT OF HAND
AS I SAID- I "BOOKED" MY FISHING TRIP THROUGH JONATHAN AND TAILHUNTERS SO THAT HE COULD DO ALL THE GROUND WORK ON MY BEHALF TO SET UP THE TRIP, THE ACCOMODATIONS, THE FOOD, THE BOAT AND CAPTAIN, THE FILETING AND THE PORTIONING AND FREEZING OF MY CATCH.
LET ME BE CLEAR- HE DID ALL THAT ASKED AND TOOK A PERSONAL INTEREST IN MY AND MY FISHING PARTNERS WELL BEING. JUST LIKE ANY OTHER BOOKING AGENT WOULD NORMALLY DO

JONATHAN SEEMS TO BE ABLE TO GET CAPTS AND BOATS TO WORK FOR HIS CLIENTS WITHOUT TOO MUCH TROUBLE AND HE HAS BEEN DOING IT FOR MANY YEARS --- THIS IS WHERE SOMETHING DOESN'T SEEM RIGHT HERE --- HE'S BEEN DOING IT FOR YEARS AND YOU SEEM TO HAVE NO KNOWLEDGE OF HIS EXSISTANCE.

WHAT I'M HEARING IS THAT YOU ARE UPSET THAT HE ARRANGES FISHING TRIPS FOR A FEE ABOVE WHAT "YOU" (IF YOU ARE A PANGANERO) WOULD NORMALLY CHARGE.
IF THAT IS THE CASE THEN YOU HAVE A MARKETING PROBLEM TO SOLVE. WHY DON'T YOU AND YOUR FELLOW CAPTS GO TO ALL THE FISHING SHOWS THAT JONATHAN DOES, SET UP A BOOTH AND SELL YOUR OWN FISHING TRIPS? WHY DON'T YOU HAVE A WEB PAGE AND CONTACT INFORMATION SO AMERICAN FISHERMEN CAN CONTACT YOU AND ARRANGE TRIPS WITH YOU AND NOT "JONTHAN"? MAKE SURE YOU CAN SET UP ALL ACCOMODATIONS AND MEALS FOR THE TRAVELING FISHERMAN AND
ALL THE TRANSPOTATION TO AND FROM THE OTHER SIDE (MUERTOS) SO THEY CAN GO FISHING.

LIKE I SAID--- SOMETHING SMELLS FISHY WITH THIS LINE OF POSTING I'M RESPONDING TO.

Problematic Promotional Post From Cliffy ... Why?

Tailhunter has no actual pangas or staff and is acting in a manner to profit off labor while contributing little? The behavior is highly problematic since we have customers arriving from a reservation company that has no on site presence nor knowledge and creates havoc while reducing renumeration of captains and instead inflating prices and taking that value for themselves while contributing little to nothing.

The primary problem is that Tailhunter is a reservation office with no presence nor on site experience, which results in problems for parking, use, customers, captains, rules and regulations.

It is odd that Jonathon and Jill claim to be experts in the region but no one has ever seen them nor knows of them to go fishing, its unclear if they are even anywhere in Mexico, though their behavior causes disruption and reduces profit for workers while they act like they are organizing trips, though they have no actual presence or expertise.

Now, we are working to understand where Tailhunter is physically and fiscally located to interview them to investigate these tourism customer transactions, permits, taxes, for all related customers and workers.

If anyone knows of their actual whereabouts please report it here for SAT, Profeco, y Marina?

Cliffy
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-23-2022 at 03:58 PM

To Quote you- "Why doesn't Jonathan Roldan come to the beach and spend a day"
So now all of a sudden you know of a Jonathan? How convenient!

I would think if parking was really an issue "all" the captains would get together and reach out to Jonathan and have a reasonable conversation to alleviate the problem rather than trying to knock a guy down who's been doing his thing for many years- Taking care of his customers, providing work for the boats, bringing money into Baja and La Paz. Again something smells here!

Tell you what- YOU outline the things YOU and the others think need changing AND offer a viable alternative, write it all down right here on BN in public with names included of all the boat captains that feel this way (if as YOU say "no one here likes Tailhunter" your quote not mine) and I'll get in touch with Jonathan and arrange a meeting with all of you. BUT ONLY IF YOU AND THEY ARE THERE, PRESENT WHEN THE MEETING HAPPENS. I might even fly down to be there also.

Somehow I feel this will never happen on your part.

Its obvious that your world is entirely restricted to the beech and not a wide enough view to know how to cater to the travelling American fisherman.
You haven't learned anything I have passed along and only want to gripe about someone providing a business model that you refuse to enter into even at your peril business wise.

YOU could do everything he is doing IF YOU wanted to do it. Its obvious you only want to complain and not solve the purported "problems" you pontificate on.

The ball is in your court now to help solve YOUR issues
Quit complaining and do something or sign off!

Act 3, Scene 2 Hamlet To paraphrase- Methinks one doth protest too much"

BTW- you give yourself away as not knowing what you are talking about in that Jonathan uses a 10 passenger van to transport his fishermen to the beach and not a fleet of taxis!!!! I was in it just last week!!!

[Edited on 9-23-2022 by Cliffy]

gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-23-2022 at 04:12 PM

Obviously, we want quality experience that conform to regulations.

Tailhunter could easily manage their processes, but don't.

No one wants a problem, overall its huge embarrassment to have a "company" claiming to be experts who actually do not exist.

We can go after Tailhunter, but the point is why doesn't Tailhunter come to each launch site, check in, ensure taxis are licensed and parked safely out of the way of boats, generally understand the location, meet captains and crew and check to be sure anglers are licensed as fishing guests, check gear and catches, and stop all this nonsense?

No one wants a problem, but Tailhunter is drawing attention for failure to manage their customers while overcharging.

The issue is, Tailhunter doesn't actually exist onsite, there is no person ever on site, no fishing experts, they have no boats, no captains, its all a upcharge on exploited labor for online toursim scam that conform to no laws, no best practices, its very suspicious.

If you had an experience with Tailhunter that did not conform you can report it to Marina Semar here:

https://www.semar.gob.mx/contacto/denuncia.php

gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-23-2022 at 04:43 PM

Recent Yelp Review of Tailhunter

"Our group met Jonathan and Jillian at the Fred hall Show, March 2019. We made reservations for August, paid a deposit for 1/2 the group via a credit card. Dates we thought were confirmed. Within a couple days I received a series of emails from Jonathan wanting to confirm our dates for October.

It took dozens of emails to get this straight, as he will not make a phone call to quickly and easily sort things out. We added the remainder of people to our group and were then told that there is a 4% credit card fee. Not much can be done then, had we known that in the beginning, we would have paid cash at the show.

After the back and forth of dozens of emails in March, no other confirmation of contract or balance was sent until it was requested 2 weeks before leaving in August. Invoices were not clear as to who owed what and outstanding balances. Again, something quickly resolved with a phone call is relegated to several emails to get straightened out.

Jonathan was told via email not to add the airport transfer, which he did anyway. Discussions at the Fred Hall show about what services he provides, the specific question of will there be ice in the fish holds of the boat to preserve the catch, the answer was yes. Upon arrival the same question was asked, the answer was yes. None of the boats for the 3 days had any ice in the fish hold. Fish baked in there for hours. The limited amount of ice was only in the coolers for beverages.

Panga captains on the first day at Las Arenas were terrible. Cruising up and down the shoreline mostly trolling at high speeds. Of our 3 boats, one caught 3 fish. The 2nd day, out of La Paz was better with all boats catching as the captains went out farther. The 3rd day, one of the 3 boats caught 3 fish, that's just fishing. Hooks were too large for the bait; we found a tackle store and bought our own hooks. An Improperly set rod holder caused a rod to come out of the holder when a fish bit on the troll, losing the rod and reel.

The Las Conchos hotel, which Jonathan put us up in, is a rat hole, unsanitary, with water leaking from a ceiling light fixture. No matter how many air fresheners were used, the mold mildew smell won't go away.

In the initial "email" of documents received within days of the trip, it was noted that Jonathan personally processes the fish and for $2.00 a bag he will commercially vacuum seal it. Again, there was an error in what the charges were for our group, as it came out to $3.03 a bag. Jonathan's response to this was it is either $2.00 a bag or 50 pesos at the going peso rate. The going rate for pesos at his business was 16.50, when everywhere else was 17-17.25. Nothing on the receipt was clear as to why it was almost 1,500 pesos more. He changed the bag number on the receipt to match the amount, saying someone made a mistake.

Several pangas, over several hours were processed that day, how he remembered our specific number was wrong, I don't know. It resulted in an excess charge of over $100.00. He stated he does the packing not the counting. Questions were never answered clearly. Email exchanges to issues needing clarification always began with what Jonathan perceived as a witty and clever remark, they were received as condescending and insulting, where a simple direct answer, yes or no would suffice.

Our group has fished Baja for many years as well as fished in other countries, with many different outfits, as in anything, some good some not so well. Jonathan and Jillian are very friendly and cordial, very nice people, that's not the issue here. Two of us in the group operate our own businesses. If we operated this way, we would not be in business very long.

Needless to say, I'm sure on both sides, we will not be doing business with each other again."
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-23-2022 at 04:53 PM

Restaurant Reviews of TailHunter La Paz on Yelp
https://www.yelp.com/biz/tailhunter-la-paz-2

"WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE IN LA PAZ.... after spending a lovely day at the beach and enjoying the sun. Our family of 5 decided to try this well recommended restaurant. Once we arrived we noticed there was only one couple, therefore we were seated promptly. Our waiter "Pulido" took our order in the most unfriendliest manner. We then waited an hour for our food, it got to the point we just left because our waiter disappeared and our food never came out after we waited 1:30. Very dissatisfying experience. Due to the long wait and having to find another restaurant; we lost time to do any activities for the day . Do not recommend if you are looking for a quick bite unless you are willing to wait 2 hours."

---

"NO DAMN STARS..Waited 1hr for our food. Turns out a chef just got here, they said to wait another 10min. Stale chips, my ice has something in it, no flavor. We are better off asking for our bill and buying tacos on the street... pathetic don't waste your time."

---

"Very bad experience the food was cold the beer was very very hot and the waiter took forever to assist me I will never go back I do not recommend and i have been to the one in las vegas in san diego better service."

---

"Nice view but the food is mediocre at best. Mango margarita was good but the rest below average. Our queso dip was not even fully melted.

Service was poor even though the place was not so crowded the night we were there on a Monday. Had to ask several times for ice tea refill, ketchup, etc.

Would not repeat and do not recommend"

---

"Meh. Been here for 5 days and so far this is our least favorite place. Ordered the teriyaki ribs (195 pesos and way way way too salty and not very tasty) and the coconut shrimp (165 pesos which is basically tiny shrimp clumped together to form a patty, battered with coconut and deep fried) served with a very liquid orange juice sauce. The view is fantastic though, so were the pina coladas (65 pesos) and the chipotle salsa served with the chips were delicious. Maybe this place is best for a light snack, drinks and a view."

---

"Great place to look out on the Bay a drink beer and watch the sunset. I liked the different levels to view the Bay and Malecón but that's about it. The food isn't good and reminded me of a bad episode of kitchen nightmares. I ordered the bistek arrechera as did my nephew. The steak was piled high with some weird onion mush, was very difficult to cut and Luke warm at best. We sent the food back and ordered the seasoned frys with jalapeños which was good. We weren't charged for either dish or the frys. The wait staff was friendly and seemed genuinely concerned about our unsatisfactory food order. Great location and cool vibe but if you want good food this isn't the place Go to La Costa restaurant."

---

"There is no way this restaurant could be rated #1 in La Paz !! Ever other place I ate was way better. You have to be a Billy Goat to negotiate the stairs and once you reach the top it's really nothing special.

I admit I can't comment on what a sunset would have added to the experience but even so I wasn't impressed.

Shrimp in La Paz is always good but they were no better than any place else. I'll pass on this place next visit and explore some other restaurants."

---

"Tailhunter has an awesome location on the boardwalk. However, so does Applebee's and Burger King. The drinks and the service was great, but the food was underwhelming and not very authentic. Honestly, I expected way more from a restaurant that boasts about how fresh the fish is. I hate to say it, bu this place is clearly a North American tourist trap. If you want authentic food in La Paz, you'll need to do some walking away from the boardwalk."

---

"We stopped in and had high expectations after reading some reviews. We had and order of fish (pescado) tacos and pollo enchaladas. The enchaladas were good but the tacos were dry and tasted like boxed fish sticks. "

Cliffy
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-23-2022 at 05:08 PM

Like I said -
YOU wouldn't take me up on my offer to help
YOU only want to make hot air
You talk about taxis when he uses a 10 pax van so you obviously have no idea what you are talking about
If YOU don't like what he is doing YOU can do the job your way IF YOU wanted but obviously YOU have NO idea how to do it on your own.

All I can surmise is you are nothing but hot air with no dog in the fight so do us all a favor and sign out. You are getting boring.

gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-23-2022 at 05:38 PM

Cliffy, I have given "you", Jonathon and Jill an ample amount of feedback of basic customer service issues to address as well as invited you to come to any launch where your customers go fishing, such as Muertos, and meet them there and ensure success, as well, I have asked basic questions.

No one is required to resolve Tailhunters lack of customer success and failure to manage service details other than Tailhunter management.

Honestly, I am surprised, shocked. I have given Tailhunter years and years of patience and consideration, though to date, I have never seen a Tailhunter service manager anywhere at any location nor at the restaurant.

I can blame myself for having high expectations, imagining a knowledgable staff checking weather and currents, weather predictions, fish reports, chatting with captains, on site visits, expecting a restaurant with reliable surf n turf fresh seafood, grill, and pleasant service, but, Tailhunter is not a high quality service provider, far from it, it is disconnected from quality service, Talihunter is an upcharge add on to outsourced exploited labor, for tourists, who don't know better how to contact captains or to find a restaurant that cares about fresh food, quality and service.

If by any chance there does actually exist a Jonathon and Jill, I am happy to give feedback and specifics how to turn around this mess, I am in La Paz, or of course at Muertos and other launches and they can send me a private message and ask for specifics after they have read this thread and taken note of the complaints about failure to manage the customer service experience. I can even share sourcing and recipes to turn around the disaster of a restaurant, which starts with a plan to source fresh foods daily and cook authentic recipes for each customer. Tailhunter requires a massive complete retooling of customer success planning, customer service, restaurant menu and execution and it is not going to happen under current management. Likely the problem is Jonathan and Jill since its been this way from the start.

The big issue is not only that Tailhunter customer service and experience is horrible, the issue is that Tailhunter claims to be experts and provide excellent quality and customer service which they absolutely do not, the food and customer experience is horrible, a huge disappointment that harms the overall community of La Paz and the community of sport fishing captains and tourism.

Share Fishing Charter complaints here https://www.semar.gob.mx/contacto/denuncia.php

Share Restaurant complaints here
https://www.gob.mx/cofepris/acciones-y-programas/denuncias-s...

[Edited on 9-24-2022 by gnukid]
chippy
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-24-2022 at 08:12 AM

Looks like Tailhunters is gnus new covid. :light::lol:
Lengua
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-24-2022 at 09:11 AM

Obvious that Gnukid is unhappy and has it out for Tailhunter. Who rants and repeats themself as much as this guy? Go away ,let it go and you’ll be a happier person. The venom you spew is toxic and unwanted…..
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-24-2022 at 09:48 AM

Quote: Originally posted by chippy  
Looks like Tailhunters is gnus new covid. :light::lol:

+1

John
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.