Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3    5  6
Author: Subject: All banks in Mexico
JDCanuck
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2022 at 02:21 PM

Well, I would be a bit worried about CFE cutting off my power because my bank froze my funds as well. Fortunately my power is solar. Only thing I would have difficulty paying for banking reasons is my internet, and it's hardly a necessity.
I don't know exactly where you are located Bajatrailrider, but the SAT office at La Paz has 3 days early in Oct with openings for appointments to apply if you have all the necessary documents lined up last I looked.

[Edited on 9-28-2022 by JDCanuck]

A century later and it's still just as applicable: Desiderata: http://mwkworks.com/desiderata.html
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2022 at 04:06 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JDCanuck  
......because my bank froze my funds as well.

Huh? Do you have money in a Mexican bank that you can't withdraw? What gives?

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
JDCanuck
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2022 at 04:18 PM

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  
Quote: Originally posted by JDCanuck  
......because my bank froze my funds as well.

Huh? Do you have money in a Mexican bank that you can't withdraw? What gives?

No, no, I am commiserating with what Bajatrailrider posted and said "I would be...... ". My bank has not frozen my funds yet and I am also in the process of obtaining the RFC number ASAP.

A century later and it's still just as applicable: Desiderata: http://mwkworks.com/desiderata.html
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 9-28-2022 at 05:00 PM

Quote: Originally posted by surabi  
"tell you this It maybe possible for a Mexican book keeper . To do this on line pay him to do it. Then I will consider it to travel to another city to deal . With Mexican politics wait all day there"

Have no idea what you are talking about, as usual much of what you post is gobbledigook lacking punctuation and coherent sentences.

Travelling to another city to try to get out of having an RFC number makes no sense. It's federal law having nothing to do with local politics. And CFE is a federal entity. Are you out of your Mind . Do you think Mexican workers on ranches and pickers. Are making 80 bucks a week care about federal law. Are going to travel hundreds of miles. To sign up haha they dont even have CFE. You do understand gobbledigook so get real. :yes:

[Edited on 9-28-2022 by surabi]
surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2022 at 07:36 PM

You should learn how to quote a post and respond to it. You don't put your responses into the quote. You quote the post and then respond after it.

And pickers earning 80 bucks a week likely don't do things or deal with entities they will need to provide their RFC to. If you live the lifestyle of a Mexican tomato picker, you probably won't either.
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-29-2022 at 09:55 AM

Im not married my Mex gal does not have tax reg number nor anybody she knows. have talked to every friend I know living here. We are talking thousands none have this tax reg number. Except guy nextdoor. Like I said if a book keeper can do it on line. I may do it if not Im done with Mex banks anyway.
surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-29-2022 at 09:59 AM

Not a bookkeeper, an accountant. Those aren't the same thing.
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-29-2022 at 11:44 AM

None of these "thousands" have ever paid taxes?

Sounds like Conservative Nirvana.

John
surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-29-2022 at 12:25 PM

Quote: Originally posted by John Harper  

John

And this is exactly why SAT is requiring all residents, be they foreigners or Mexican, to have RFC numbers. You can't run a country well, and provide roads, water, and other infrastructure if people aren't paying taxes.

[Edited on 9-29-2022 by surabi]
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-29-2022 at 12:45 PM

Quote: Originally posted by John Harper  

John

And this is exactly why SAT is requiring all residents, be they foreigners or Mexican, to have RFC numbers. You can't run a country well, and provide roads, water, and other infrastructure if people aren't paying taxes.

But, but......KANSAS????

John
surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-29-2022 at 12:56 PM

It doesn't really matter what country people are from or live in, if one doesn't want to be part of the "system", put their money under the mattress instead of in a bank, be self-sufficient, not rely on public utilities and services, don't expect the fire dept. to show up if their house catches fire, etc, there is always that option.

But most people depend on a certain level of infrastructure that they themselves didn't build. The money has to come from somewhere, hence taxes.

And most countries have tax exemptions for low-income people. A Mexican laborer who earns 200 pesos for 8 hours work and has dependents is not going to have to pay taxes even if they have an RFC and file declarations. And if they are being paid slave wages, under mandated minimum wage law, they should report the employer. Mexican labor law heavily supports the worker.

bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-29-2022 at 01:28 PM

Himm your so full of BS marooon of the year . Mexican Labor Law Heavily Supports Workers . You sir are out of your mind. Yes its ok pay the worker 10 bucks a day. You need to back off get real as you support this. Slave labor is 200 pesos pay tax or no tax. None can live like that.
surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-29-2022 at 03:30 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajatrailrider  
Himm your so full of BS marooon of the year . Mexican Labor Law Heavily Supports Workers . You sir are out of your mind. Yes its ok pay the worker 10 bucks a day. You need to back off get real as you support this. Slave labor is 200 pesos pay tax or no tax. None can live like that.

You are obviously unfamiliar with Mexican labor law, which mandates things like severance pay, xmas bonuses and vacation pay. If a Mexican employee goes to the labor relations board to report employers violating these laws, the worker almost always wins.

And if you think I was advocating someone getting paid 200 pesos for a day's work, you have a reading comprehension problem. I said that someone low income like that would not be required to pay any taxes, even if they reported their earnings to SAT. Anyone I hire to work gets around 100 pesos/hr. and my only steady employee, the gal who cleans for me, gets her proper xmas bonus and vacation pay every year.
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-30-2022 at 01:01 AM

Perhaps some that mattress money could be spent on English grammar and punctuation classes. Or a higher quality motorcycle helmet.

[Edited on 9-30-2022 by pacificobob]
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-30-2022 at 04:07 AM

My Mexican bank just changed quite a few rules. They are going to charge me for withdrawals now, I just hate that.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-30-2022 at 08:01 AM

Quote: Originally posted by lencho  
...my only steady employee, the gal who cleans for me, gets her proper xmas bonus and vacation pay every year.

Do you have her registered with the IMSS?

I've always been a little uncertain about that for part-time domestic help who serve multiple employers (at what point are they independent contractors?), but in most cases I believe it is required...

No. I don't know the exact parameters of that, but she only works for me once every 2 weeks for 4 hrs, she's not anything like a full time employee. And I know she and her family already have some kind of medical insurance.

What I found when I was building my house years ago is that my crew didn't want to be signed up for the socio- they said that if they got sick and needed to take time off work, they doubted they would ever see payment for that or medical bills. They preferred that I just reimburse them in such a case. And they didn't take advantage of that at all. I think I paid out something like $150 between 6 guys over 6 months to cover doctor visits, sick days, and needed medication.
I also think they don't want to come to the govt's. attention, as I'm sure they weren't declaring their income.

I will say I was just praying that none of them fell off a ladder and broke their back.

But I had them sign receipts for anything I paid them.

[Edited on 9-30-2022 by surabi]
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-30-2022 at 08:24 AM

Any and all People think sat and all services offered to them is a joke . These are not my words as cost of living now in Mexico . They are not able to make ends meet. So they do what they can to survive sadly you dont get it. Whats there problem ? Mexico allows 200 peos a day for work . Do you think the Mexican has wife 3 kids? Thinks thank you sat I dont have to pay taxes. So keep thinking all is well as you know nothing. Maybe your paying 200 pesos to workers also?
surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-30-2022 at 08:35 AM

Any and all People think sat and all services offered to them is a joke . These are not my words as cost of living now in Mexico . They are not able to make ends meet. So they do what they can to survive sadly you dont get it. Whats there problem ? Mexico allows 200 peos a day for work . Do you think the Mexican has wife 3 kids? Thinks thank you sat I dont have to pay taxes. So keep thinking all is well as you know nothing. Maybe your paying 200 pesos to workers also?

To whom are you directing your comments? If they are to me, apparently you don't actually read anything that is written, you just cherry-pick the parts you want to denigrate. I already said I pay anyone who works for me 100 pesos an hour, not 200 pesos a day. I also pay steady employees their mandated Xmas bonus and vacation pay. Do you?
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-30-2022 at 09:00 AM

Mexican labor law is no concern of mine I dont work here. If all the people I know pays taxes is also no concern of mine. I can say all Americans I know live here. Do not work in Mexico. Not my words but Mexican people feel . There is no law in Mexico All levels in Mexico not for people. Inc. Sat and all the BS you bring up
surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-30-2022 at 09:22 AM

Mexican labor law is no concern of mine I dont work here. If all the people I know pays taxes is also no concern of mine. I can say all Americans I know live here. Do not work in Mexico. Not my words but Mexican people feel . There is no law in Mexico All levels in Mexico not for people. Inc. Sat and all the BS you bring up

Mexican labor law should be a concern of anyone who hires someone to work for them. So I am assuming you never hire anyone and do any work you need done yourself.
 Pages:  1    3    5  6

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.