Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4    6
Author: Subject: All banks in Mexico
surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-30-2022 at 02:56 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajatrailrider  
Any and all People think sat and all services offered to them is a joke .

Really? You know "all" Mexicans. That's 129 million people. Quite an accomplishment, I must say, polling the opinions of that many people. Your statement is what is a joke.

You should get out of the boonies sometime and meet some other Mexicans. You know, ones with some education, who realize a country needs money, in the form of taxes, to function.
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-30-2022 at 05:08 PM

Lots of people in Florida vote for the party that "hates government."

Now they desperately need the government. I'm glad it's there for them.

John

[Edited on 10-1-2022 by John Harper]
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-30-2022 at 05:11 PM

Quote: Originally posted by surabi  

Really? You know "all" Mexicans. That's 129 million people.

OMG, can you imagine his Christmas card expenses?

John
Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 10-1-2022 at 08:50 AM

I was done 12 years ago! They were always questioning my deposits and withdrawals.

Quote: Originally posted by Don Pisto  
"So Im done with banks here."

yep!:D

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

JDCanuck
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-1-2022 at 09:39 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Udo  
I was done 12 years ago! They were always questioning my deposits and withdrawals.

Quote: Originally posted by Don Pisto  
"So Im done with banks here."

yep!:D

Hi Udo: Have you found an alternative to using Mexico domiciled banks to do your electronic bill paying? Seems to be the only route for us to pay Hughesnet bills electronically from up here in Canada using SPEI transfers through an Intercam account. I think the issue lies with their new payment provider not recognizing 6 digit alphanumeric Canadian postal codes. Municipal taxes this past year also had to be paid in cash pesos at an OXXO, last year they had accepted our Visa card.
With the newer tax avoidance oversite our relatives became concerned about my additional cash flowing through their accounts when they went to pay my bills at an OXXO after withdrawing it.

[Edited on 10-1-2022 by JDCanuck]

[Edited on 10-1-2022 by JDCanuck]

A century later and it's still just as applicable: Desiderata: http://mwkworks.com/desiderata.html
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-2-2022 at 12:57 PM

Quote: Originally posted by lencho  
Quote: Originally posted by JDCanuck  

With the newer tax avoidance oversite our relatives became concerned about my additional cash flowing through their accounts when they went to pay my bills at an OXXO after withdrawing it.

Why not open a separate dedicated account in Canada, pass them an ATM card, and have them withdraw money from that account via a local ATM when you want them to pay bills in Mexico?

I doubt the SAT is even aware of foreigners' ATM transactions.

Bingo, that would work.

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-2-2022 at 01:17 PM

Just make sure to only have enough money in that account to pay the bills you need paid at any given time and to keep the account open. Not because you can't trust your relatives, but in case the card gets lost or stolen.

I had my wallet stolen here in Mexico, and while an honest person found it and returned it, with all my id in it, like driver's licence, permanent residency card, etc, my two bank cards, the Bancomer and the Canadian Scotiabank card were missing. When I called Scotiabank to cancel the card, they said it had already been charged on to the tune of $800 Canadian. The theives didn't withdraw money from an ATM, they used the card to charge something online, for which they didn't require the PIN.

I eventually was reimbursed for the fraudulent charge, but it took awhile.

[Edited on 10-2-2022 by surabi]
karenintx
Senior Nomad

Mood: Living The Dream

[*] posted on 10-3-2022 at 01:05 PM

If you use a mobile app you can lock & unlock your debit card with the swipe of a finger. Prevents other from stealing/using your card info.

I have all of our credit cards & debit cards set-up to send a text to my phone for every activity...charges, withdrawals & deposits. Some days I get a couple or three texts others days I do not get any...depends if I need to go to Wally-World or Costco.
JDCanuck
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2022 at 01:30 PM

The two factor scheme for almost all our Canadian financial accounts works only when sending texts to Canadian phone numbers. An issue while we are in Mexico when we are using Telcel SIMs for all our phone use. Roaming charges for our Canadian cellphone carrier is 12 dollars each day it is used for text or phone, which gets a bit expensive if you use it very often (daily). We now carry one cell phone accessing the Canadian carrier that has free incoming texts only and another using the Telcel SIM to do the token passing required by Intercam. Even then we often do not receive our verification codes until the next day.
US citizens I think can get US/Mexico plans through AT&T that are not available in Canada.

[Edited on 10-3-2022 by JDCanuck]

A century later and it's still just as applicable: Desiderata: http://mwkworks.com/desiderata.html
JDCanuck
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2022 at 01:58 PM

Lencho; That would work, altho it would be somewhat expensive for each transaction as the currency exchange of 4% or more would be added to the ATM fee where they withdraw the funds. Intercam just charges a small fee when i do the SPEI transfer myself. It also avoids having to get them to take time out of their busy days to pay my bills for me. Getting that Intercam account made everything quite a bit simpler for us.

JDCanuck
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2022 at 02:05 PM

Surabi: I once had some large charges go through on a credit card of mine even tho I had it in my possession. Visa caught it and refunded the money immediately after using their security algorithms. They suspected someone had copied all my card info when they were running it through their machine and later made these erroneous charges on it.

JDCanuck
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2022 at 06:26 PM

No T-Mobile available in Canada as far as I know Lencho. Our CRTC likes to keep Canada's communications very tightly held and controlled. Competition from outsiders is discouraged. We are stuck with Rogers, Bell or Telus and their subsidiaries. Explains why our plans cost much more than in the US and Mexico.

JDCanuck
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2022 at 07:53 PM

As I can't obtain a US plan, no in depth comparison, only what I have read in several articles claiming data is far more expensive in Canada than the US. There would be no point in spending a lot of time determining the costs of plans I could not have. I have noticed the plan in Mexico I can obtain is about 40% of the cheapest plan here limited to Canada only, and it does include Mexico, Canada and the US as a bonus. If I added to that the Starlink internet I calculate my totals would run about 60% of equivalent costs here. Mexico seems to have great deals at present for communications all round.

[Edited on 10-4-2022 by JDCanuck]

SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-4-2022 at 07:37 AM

I googled the cost of cellular data around the world. There is a lot of information demonstrating a wide range of costs. On average, Canada is more expensive than the United States, which is more expensive than Mexico. Take a look, it's interesting.

https://www.google.com/search?q=cellular+data+cost+by+countr...

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 10-5-2022 at 08:54 AM

Quote: Originally posted by surabi  
Any and all People think sat and all services offered to them is a joke .

Really? You know "all" Mexicans. That's 129 million people. Quite an accomplishment, I must say, polling the opinions of that many people. Your statement is what is a joke.

You should get out of the boonies sometime and meet some other Mexicans. You know, ones with some education, who realize a country needs money, in the form of taxes, to function.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: More bone head get a life
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-5-2022 at 09:34 AM

Any and all Mexicans I know have removed all moneys in Mexican banks. One Mexican one American that Mexican bank blocked there money. Sued the bank both cases where settled out of court . All money returned also bank paid legal fees . In the days I have not wrote here. Any and all Mexicans I know yes and rich ones. Have long ago removed money Mexican banks. Its cash or no sales at there stores . Yes Im in small town so except many friends in big cities. Also refuse to use any Mexican again rich ones also. So over 1 week ago. I did in fact bring all documents Manager Santander bank wants. all USA tax papers 2021 SS card passport and current Cfe bill. I told him Im not in the area do not want to come here again. Then no money I need your direct phone number. He gave me his card also wrote down his Cel number. That was one week and 3 days ago calling them since last Friday. Very bad service as nobody answers phone . Out of many calls they pick up say call back in one hour. HAHA again no answer he did answer one time last Monday. Account still blocked told me call everyday. Your account any day open haha now thats bad service . Long story short I may give them end of this week to unblock account. Already give info to my Mex lawyer he said he has many cases .Same as this he told me has has never lost one case . as bank settles fast out of court . So they are not forced to pay legal fees for long time. So you guys can argue over this all you want. Never again Mexican Bank.
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-5-2022 at 01:27 PM

I sure your discussion with the bank personal was as articulate and compelling as your posts here.
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-5-2022 at 05:48 PM

Sorry Bob iIm typing on a cel phone i can see. With fingers to big for keys and a phone . That pre writes so I thought I was doing good. Have you got a problem Bob as Im only giving real info . Not the BS from many here. Tell all dont like it?:?:
surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-5-2022 at 06:43 PM

Any and all Mexicans I know have removed all moneys in Mexican banks.

Gee, that's odd. When I go to my Mexican bank, about 99% of the customers are Mexican, depositing and withdrawing money from their accounts, opening new accounts, and doing other banking business.

[Edited on 10-6-2022 by surabi]
Alm
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-5-2022 at 11:37 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JDCanuck  
Our CRTC likes to keep Canada's communications very tightly held and controlled. Competition from outsiders is discouraged. We are stuck with Rogers, Bell or Telus and their subsidiaries. Explains why our plans cost much more than in the US and Mexico.

Another reason why our plans cost more is a smaller population and wast territory needed to be covered. Many towers to build, not many subscribers to charge.

There is Telcel Amigo prepay plan for 300 pesos. 4GB data, 30 days, unlimited minutes and SMS for calls within MX. There is a limit on how long you can use it outside MX. There is also a limit on calls from MX to US/CA.

[Edited on 10-6-2022 by Alm]
 Pages:  1  2    4    6

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.