Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4  ..  6
Author: Subject: All banks in Mexico
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-27-2022 at 01:57 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JDCanuck  
I do recognize that SAT office in La Paz as we always saw long lineups and wondered why everyone was lining up. At least it's close to our favourite eateries.

Now, that's "looking on the bright side of life!"

John
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 9-27-2022 at 02:08 PM

Quote: Originally posted by surabi  
:?:
Quote: Originally posted by 4x4abc  
the SAT rules changed Jan 1st 2022
natives and expats alike
most expats brushed it off
deadline was June 30 2022

if you filed on time you are OK now
if not, things are a lot more complicated

The deadline was extended to Jan.1st 2023.
So not sure why banks would be closing accounts now.

The OP seems to have a rather hysterical knee jerk reaction. All you need to do is have or obtain an RFC number and provide the bank (CFE, etc.) with a copy of the Constancia paper, which designates your tax status.

It's not unreasonable, IMO, for the Mexican tax dept. to want people registered and to have a tax number.

[Edited on 9-27-2022 by surabi]
No Knee jerk there not asking for Contancia paper. Its not reasonable to ask for tax number . If you dont work here this is back firing. As all small shop owners refuse to put money in bank. They can hardly live on what money they make. Let alone go to travel to big city .
thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

Mood: muy amable

[*] posted on 9-27-2022 at 02:20 PM
Not much better in the US

Couple weeks ago I walked into a local Wells Fargo to deposit $101 in cash into my grandson's account. He is a frosh at Texas Tech.
I put a deposit slip with a hundred dollar bill and a one dollar bill on the counter, teller looked at it and said "Sorry we don't accept cash"
HUH???
Real live American greenbucks and they are not acceptable?

Nope, if your name is not on the account they will not take a cash deposit and that is final.

Orwell was right folks..... the end is near!!

[Edited on 9-27-2022 by thebajarunner]
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-27-2022 at 02:20 PM

:D:D:D:D:D:D
Paco Facullo
Super Nomad

Mood: Abiding ..........

[*] posted on 9-27-2022 at 02:27 PM

Flock Banks ! Their all Flocked….

Get “real” money, physical Gold and Silver and do away with 3rd. Party risk……

Unfortunately, all my previous metals sunk in a boating accident.😩😳😎

[Edited on 9-27-2022 by Paco Facullo]

Since I've given up all hope, I feel much better
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-27-2022 at 02:31 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Paco Facullo  

Unfortunately, all my precious metals sunk in a boating accident.😩😳😎

Gold and silver can be adulterated, have you seen an "Assay Office" anywhere lately?

John

[Edited on 9-27-2022 by John Harper]
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 9-27-2022 at 03:00 PM

Quote: Originally posted by John Harper  
Quote: Originally posted by Paco Facullo  

Unfortunately, all my precious metals sunk in a boating accident.😩😳😎

Gold and silver can be adulterated, have you seen an "Assay Office" anywhere lately?

John

[Edited on 9-27-2022 by John Harper]

Tungsten is the metal of choice for adulterating gold bars. It is close enough in weight to gold that the bars won't be undersized, or under wieght after being plugged with tungsten rods.

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-27-2022 at 03:21 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajatrailrider  

if they cut my CEF I will put in Mexican name.

That won't help. Mexicans also need to provide CFE with their RFC and Constancia.
surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-27-2022 at 03:23 PM

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  
Constancia de Situación Fiscal is the paper that everyone had to generate and provide to all businesses you work with including your bank(s).
In the future one more CFE accounts, no more Telmex, no more hospital etc without your Constancia.
https://www.sat.gob.mx/aplicacion/53027/genera-tu-constancia...

So this is in addition to Visa, CURP, and RFC requirements?

Correct. If you have an RFC and SAT password, you can download the Constancia online.
JDCanuck
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-27-2022 at 03:50 PM

There are three days actually free at the beginning of Oct in La Paz SAT office...take em while you can. I blew one of my 2 free of consequence messed up appointments trying to follow another INCORRECT site's advice on doing this now online.
:(

A century later and it's still just as applicable: Desiderata: http://mwkworks.com/desiderata.html
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-27-2022 at 04:56 PM

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  
Constancia de Situación Fiscal is the paper that everyone had to generate and provide to all businesses you work with including your bank(s).
In the future one more CFE accounts, no more Telmex, no more hospital etc without your Constancia.
https://www.sat.gob.mx/aplicacion/53027/genera-tu-constancia...

So this is in addition to Visa, CURP, and RFC requirements?

Correct. If you have an RFC and SAT password, you can download the Constancia online.

I saw that on the webpage but I didn't see where the SAT password comes from. :?:

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-27-2022 at 05:35 PM

Sorry, but I'm not sure how you get a password. I've had an RFC and filed Mexican taxes for 16 years, so I got mine when I originally signed up, but the system has changed several times in those years.

You might be able to pay an accountant to get you a password and generate a Constancia, or you may have to make an appt. with SAT.

[Edited on 9-28-2022 by surabi]
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-27-2022 at 06:29 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajatrailrider  

if they cut my CEF I will put in Mexican name.

That won't help. Mexicans also need to provide CFE with their RFC and Constancia.
Thats the point nextdoor has one . I cannot see them ever forcing you to have it to pay CFE. Only one I know is next door because has big store.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 9-27-2022 at 07:17 PM

Quote: Originally posted by thebajarunner  
Couple weeks ago I walked into a local Wells Fargo to deposit $101 in cash into my grandson's account. He is a frosh at Texas Tech.
I put a deposit slip with a hundred dollar bill and a one dollar bill on the counter, teller looked at it and said "Sorry we don't accept cash"
HUH???
Real live American greenbucks and they are not acceptable?

Nope, if your name is not on the account they will not take a cash deposit and that is final.

Orwell was right folks..... the end is near!!

[Edited on 9-27-2022 by thebajarunner]

Use Venmo to send money to your grandkid, it is so easy, you can do it on our phone in 20 seconds, you can do it while sitting on your couch watching TV, you can do while sitting on the toilet.

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-27-2022 at 07:18 PM

I see. So you are going to ask your Mexican neighbors to put your CFE bill into their name because you don't feel you should have to comply with the laws and regulations of the country you chose to live in? And you are assuming they will be okay with that?

Putting the bill into someone else's name will likely come back to bite you, since CFE bills are used so much in Mexico to prove your address. For instance, if you ever want to sell the property, your capital gains tax may be higher because you won't have a CFE bill in your name establishing that it is your primary residence.

And yes, CFE will close accounts if you don't provide them with an RFC and Constancia.

You don't seem to understand that this is not their requirement- it is the Mexican tax dept. that is requiring them to do this. Just as they are requiring the banks to do it.
It's no more fun for CFE to have to do all this extra paperwork than it is for everyone to have to get an RFC number and Constancia. They don't have a choice in the matter.

Paco Facullo
Super Nomad

Mood: Abiding ..........

[*] posted on 9-28-2022 at 07:00 AM

Quote: Originally posted by John Harper  
[
[/rquote]

As long as you deal with reputable sources or buy like junk silver, you’re chance of fakes are extremely minimal, almost nonexistent ….

Since I've given up all hope, I feel much better
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2022 at 09:00 AM

I see. So you are going to ask your Mexican neighbors to put your CFE bill into their name because you don't feel you should have to comply with the laws and regulations of the country you chose to live in? And you are assuming they will be okay with that?

Putting the bill into someone else's name will likely come back to bite you, since CFE bills are used so much in Mexico to prove your address. For instance, if you ever want to sell the property, your capital gains tax may be higher because you won't have a CFE bill in your name establishing that it is your primary residence. I do understand total Im a free man anything and everything I do . Is my choice not yours Law and regs are only my choice not yours . We have had our disagreements before . So dont start now I make my choice what I do not you. So far everything I do works for me . I can tell you this It maybe possible for a Mexican book keeper . To do this on line pay him to do it. Then I will consider it to travel to another city to deal . With Mexican politics wait all day there. Could be my choice not deal with it at this time. In a country that sadly has no law I dont worry about other small things.So you worry but never tell me what to do.

And yes, CFE will close accounts if you don't provide them with an RFC and Constancia.

You don't seem to understand that this is not their requirement- it is the Mexican tax dept. that is requiring them to do this. Just as they are requiring the banks to do it.
It's no more fun for CFE to have to do all this extra paperwork than it is for everyone to have to get an RFC number and Constancia. They don't have a choice in the matter.

surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2022 at 12:49 PM

"tell you this It maybe possible for a Mexican book keeper . To do this on line pay him to do it. Then I will consider it to travel to another city to deal . With Mexican politics wait all day there"

Have no idea what you are talking about, as usual much of what you post is gobbledigook lacking punctuation and coherent sentences.

Travelling to another city to try to get out of having an RFC number makes no sense. It's federal law having nothing to do with local politics. And CFE is a federal entity.

pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2022 at 01:08 PM

"tell you this It maybe possible for a Mexican book keeper . To do this on line pay him to do it. Then I will consider it to travel to another city to deal . With Mexican politics wait all day there"

Have no idea what you are talking about, as usual much of what you post is gobbledigook lacking punctuation and coherent sentences.

Travelling to another city to try to get out of having an RFC number makes no sense. It's federal law having nothing to do with local politics. And CFE is a federal entity.

Is it possible English is not a language he is comfortable with? Or somehow impaired?
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2022 at 01:24 PM

Quote: Originally posted by pacificobob  

Is it possible English is not a language he is comfortable with? Or somehow impaired?

Perhaps he's using a Motorola StarTAC? It's tough texting with them.

John
 Pages:  1  2    4  ..  6

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.