Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4  5
Author: Subject: NORRA 500 racer kills 8-year old boy
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-2-2022 at 11:39 AM

Meanwhile, on two other Baja/Mexico related things, fentanyl is by far the number one killer of Americans under 45, but the same ppl won't say a damn word about that or the thousands of cases sex trafficking that is occurring by the MX cartels.

When Goat or any of the others starts a thread on stuff like that I'll take them seriously.

[Edited on 10-2-2022 by JZ]

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-2-2022 at 11:54 AM

well squirt two things, this thread is about off road racing not fentanyl or sex trafficking and raise your hand if you give two chits if JZ takes you seriously or not.
maspacificoII

[*] posted on 10-2-2022 at 12:24 PM

If this was an official race, sorry don't follow, a good part of the blame goes to the parents. I'm sure they've seen many races and what can happen. Too many spectators are so close to vehicles going over 50mph on uneven dirt, or airborne, that it's a miracle to me that this isn't an every event happening. I don't go down and watch anymore but when I did I was open mouthed astonished at the absolute stupidity of the spectators.
Pre racers and recreational marooons using established routes should be castrated if they hit someone.
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-2-2022 at 12:41 PM

All my MX friends love offroad racing. Much more than I do actually.

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-2-2022 at 01:05 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  
Meanwhile, on two other Baja/Mexico related things, fentanyl is by far the number one killer of Americans under 45, but the same ppl won't say a damn word about that or the thousands of cases sex trafficking that is occurring by the MX cartels.

When Goat or any of the others starts a thread on stuff like that I'll take them seriously.

[Edited on 10-2-2022 by JZ]

The only reason you start threads on topics like that is as an opportunity to "woke libs" bash.

And as far as "all my Mexican friends" loving off-road racing, it pretty much goes without saying that of course those are the type of Mexicans you would be friends with. I doubt you would be friends with any "woke, liberal" Mexicans. You probably aren't even aware that they exist.
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-2-2022 at 01:06 PM

The car was parked on the shoulder of the highway at KM 12 just before an entrance to a landfill. The info is in the article I posted. All articles say the race car driver lost control of his car.

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-2-2022 at 01:22 PM

This is not surprising given how many videos I've seen over the years of people dodging these vehicles or of loss of control resulting in them running over and through tents of onlookers.

I also believe that part of the Mexican culture likes this sort of thing. c-ck fighting, bull fighting, wild out of control races. Mexicans like a strong adrenaline rush. They party often and hard. And they often drink to a point of reckless behavior. I think it's part of their culture. Even their music is harsh and brassy. So this type of entertainment is right down their alley.
surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-2-2022 at 03:08 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Skipjack Joe  

I also believe that part of the Mexican culture likes this sort of thing. c-ck fighting, bull fighting, wild out of control races. Mexicans like a strong adrenaline rush. They party often and hard. And they often drink to a point of reckless behavior. I think it's part of their culture. Even their music is harsh and brassy. So this type of entertainment is right down their alley.

I think this is true, but I'm glad you qualified it in the first sentence with "part" of the Mexican culture, as long as you meant "some" or "many" Mexicans.

Because it is by no means all. I know plenty of Mexicans who dislike loud music, hate the harsh and brassy type of music, and will even phone the cops to complain about an over-the-top wild party going on at night when most people sleep, or will organize to get some venue that blasts music at ear-splitting decibel levels shut down. They also don't appreciate loud fireworks. It's an error to assume that things are "Mexican culture", as that can vary greatly according to area, level of education, age, individuals, etc.

It's like being from some little redneck town in the US, or anywhere, and never having travelled outside that area. Just because there's a certain culture there that involves a lot of drinking, racist "jokes" and toting guns around doesn't mean that's "American culture".

Years ago when I was building my house, the carpenter who installed my kitchen cabinetry drove up with his stereo on, and I thought I'd end up having to listen to banda all day or ask him to turn it off. But he had lovely music- Peruvian flute, Cuban salsa and other nice stuff. When I commented on how good his CDs were, and that I was used to the locals blasting banda, and how every song sounded the same, he said, "Oh, I hate that stuff". And he wasn't some university graduate from the city, he was also a small town guy, from another little town 20 minutes away.

[Edited on 10-2-2022 by surabi]
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-2-2022 at 03:11 PM

Quote: Originally posted by surabi  

I also believe that part of the Mexican culture likes this sort of thing. c-ck fighting, bull fighting, wild out of control races. Mexicans like a strong adrenaline rush. They party often and hard. And they often drink to a point of reckless behavior. I think it's part of their culture. Even their music is harsh and brassy. So this type of entertainment is right down their alley.[/rquote]

I think this is true, but I'm glad you qualified it in the first sentence with "part" of the Mexican culture, as long as you meant "some" or "many" Mexicans.

Because it is by no means all. I know plenty of Mexicans who dislike loud music, hate the harsh and brassy type of music, and will even phone the cops to complain about an over-the-top wild party going on at night when most people sleep, or will organize to get some venue that blasts music at ear-splitting decibel levels shut down. They also don't appreciate loud fireworks. It's an error to assume that things are "Mexican culture", as that can vary greatly according to area, level of education, age, individuals, etc.

Years ago when I was building my house, the carpenter who installed my kitchen cabinetry drove up with his stereo on, and I thought I'd end up having to listen to banda all day or ask him to turn it off. But he had lovely music- Peruvian flute, Cuban salsa and other nice stuff. When I commented on how good his CDs were, and that I was used to the locals blasting banda, and how every song sounded the same, he said, "Oh, I hate that stuff". And he wasn't some university graduate from the city, he was also a small town guy, from another little town 20 minutes away.

So you are the type of Gringa who moves to Mexico and tries to change how Mexicans live?

surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-2-2022 at 03:21 PM

So you are the type of Gringa who moves to Mexico and tries to change how Mexicans live?

Ah- drawing yet more erroneous and stupid conclusions based on your poor reading comprehension, I see.

No, I'm the type of gringa who knows that Mexicans do not appreciate gringos making assumptions about what constitutes "Mexican culture", based solely upon the Mexicans they may happen to know, or the relatively small area of Mexico they happen to hang out in or live.

Not something I'd expect you to understand, given that you have tried to depict deadbeat or absent fathers as being an inherent part of "Black culture".

SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-2-2022 at 03:56 PM

Mexicans like a strong adrenaline rush. They party often and hard. And they often drink to a point of reckless behavior. I think it's part of their culture. Even their music is harsh and brassy. So this type of entertainment is right down their alley.

You could easily replace your first word "Mexicans" with "Many people around the world".

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-2-2022 at 04:02 PM

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  

Mexicans like a strong adrenaline rush. They party often and hard. And they often drink to a point of reckless behavior. I think it's part of their culture. Even their music is harsh and brassy. So this type of entertainment is right down their alley.

You could easily replace your first word "Mexicans" with "Many people around the world".

Hell, that sounds like most Americans. Except for the mass shootings and widespread drug use.

John

[Edited on 10-2-2022 by John Harper]
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-2-2022 at 04:13 PM

Certainly more than a few of my college days.

surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-2-2022 at 04:59 PM

I attended a birthday party of a friend from Mexico City once in Canada, where she was living. Among the party guests were many Latinos she knew in the area- other Mexicans, Columbians, Peruvians. I struck up a conversation with a young Mexican woman who was married to a Canadian and asked if she goes back to Mexico often, to which she replied, yes, they go visit her family every year. I asked her how she experienced Mexico after living in Canada. She said, "Noisy!" I asked her if she liked that, and she said no, not really.
So then I asked her why it seemed that Mexicans liked things so loud, and she said, in a quite puzzled way, "I really don't know".

A lot of "cultural" things continue simply because no one has ever questioned it, it's just always been like that.

Another anecdote- an old man who often does machete work for my neighbor was walking up the road one day towards town, and I asked him if he wanted a ride. He got in, and then said, "Oh, your cigarettes are on the floor" and picked the package up. I said it was an empty pack, and he said "It's garbage?" and made a motion as if to throw it out the window. I said yes, it's garbage, but please don't throw it out the window. Then, knowing that many Mexicans, especially the old folks, are quite religious, I said, "Look around, Valentin, isn't this a beautiful world God gave us, the blue sky, the green trees, the ocean, the birds and butterflies?" " Oh, yes", he says. "You know, every time people throw their garbage wherever they happen to be, it's disrespecting this beautiful world we were given".
He sat there for a minute thinking and then said, "You know, I never thought about it like that before".

And a guy who is a neighbor's steady worker, told me one day when he was working for me that "Lisa", the neighbor, who is an environmentally aware, educated Mexican, had taught him why it isn't okay to just drop your garbage everywhere, and that he now no longer does that.
Many things we may think of as cultural are simply the result of lack of education, but just because someone lacks formal education doesn't mean they are stupid, nor is there any reason to preserve "cultural" attitudes which are actually detrimental to everyone and the planet.

[Edited on 10-3-2022 by surabi]
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-2-2022 at 05:05 PM

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  

I've owned rental property in Mexico. I can tell you for sure there is a difference.

willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-2-2022 at 05:16 PM

DK and JZ wouldn't fib to us would they??:lol:
surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-2-2022 at 06:11 PM

I've owned rental property in Mexico. I can tell you for sure there is a difference.

Is that like you know all about Black culture and can't possibly be racist because you dated a Black girl in college?

[Edited on 10-3-2022 by surabi]
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 10-2-2022 at 10:39 PM

The child died several days ago. And still no news release from NORRA…

Have you noticed that when people die at these races the promoters go silent, not even a simple news release expressing sympathy…

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2022 at 05:42 AM

I seriously doubt jizzy's Mexican "friends " aren't benefiting from the relationship financially.
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2022 at 05:48 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

Have you noticed that when people die at these races the promoters go silent, not even a simple news release expressing sympathy…

I tried repeatedly to contact a PR person from SCORE last year. Never got a response to several emails sent to at least three contacts I found online.

I would imagine these organizations are primarily run by a few rich folks with lots of access to lawyers. Like yacht racing. Duping the gullible into thinking it's some kind of middle class sport so they'll buy parts for their street trucks to emulate their heroes.

John
 Pages:  1  2    4  5

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.