Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3    5
Author: Subject: NORRA 500 racer kills 8-year old boy
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2022 at 05:52 AM

Quote: Originally posted by willardguy  
DK and JZ wouldn't fib to us would they??:lol:

If you are so gullible and misinformed that you don't know you are telling a lie, is it a lie?

Does a tree falling in the forest make a sound, if no one is there to hear it?

John
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 10-3-2022 at 06:44 AM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  
Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  
Quote: Originally posted by Skipjack Joe  

Mexicans like a strong adrenaline rush. They party often and hard. And they often drink to a point of reckless behavior. I think it's part of their culture. Even their music is harsh and brassy. So this type of entertainment is right down their alley.

You could easily replace your first word "Mexicans" with "Many people around the world".

I've owned rental property in Mexico. I can tell you for sure there is a difference.

How does owning rental property in Mexico make you skilled at stereotyping Mexicans?

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2022 at 07:42 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  
Quote: Originally posted by Skipjack Joe  

Mexicans like a strong adrenaline rush. They party often and hard. And they often drink to a point of reckless behavior. I think it's part of their culture. Even their music is harsh and brassy. So this type of entertainment is right down their alley.

You could easily replace your first word "Mexicans" with "Many people around the world".

I've owned rental property in Mexico. I can tell you for sure there is a difference.

How does owning rental property in Mexico make you skilled at stereotyping Mexicans?

He probably uses a Mexican property management company, and has never interacted with his tenants.

John
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2022 at 07:47 AM

Quote: Originally posted by lencho  
Quote: Originally posted by John Harper  

If you are so gullible and misinformed that you don't know you are telling a lie, is it a lie?

I allege not ("to lie" includes intent to deceive).
Sure affects one's credibility though. And prestige. :light:

As George Costanza from Seinfeld said, "Jerry, it's not a lie if you believe it".

John
surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2022 at 08:25 AM

"Jerry, it's not a lie if you believe it".

Quite disturbing and dangerous that so many people these days seem to think that's not meant to be a joke. The judge in the Alex Jones trial had to continually point out that just because he believed something was true didn't mean he could present it as if it were fact. Something most people learn as children.

[Edited on 10-3-2022 by surabi]
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2022 at 09:37 AM

George the marine biologist....we got a couple here that have taken telling whoppers to an art form, at least one of them has the decency to spread their filthy lies over at the OT :rolleyes:

[Edited on 10-3-2022 by willardguy]
Don Pisto
Super Nomad

Mood: weary like everyone else

[*] posted on 10-3-2022 at 10:34 AM

The child died several days ago. And still no news release from NORRA…

Have you noticed that when people die at these races the promoters go silent, not even a simple news release expressing sympathy…

getting back to the accident now im reading that allegedly NORRA officials are saying the driver suffered a heart attack and veered into on coming traffic. NORRA did release this:“Yesterday a NORRA race team lost one of its members due to injuries sustained in a tragic accident during a highway transit stage of the NORRA 500,” reads a statement from NORRA posted Saturday. “Racers and teams are the heart of our extended NORRA family. NORRA’s thoughts and heartfelt condolences go out to all involved.”

so we still don't know:(

there's only two things in life but I forget what they are........
John Hiatt
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2022 at 10:50 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Don Pisto  

Have you noticed that when people die at these races the promoters go silent, not even a simple news release expressing sympathy…

getting back to the accident now im reading that allegedly NORRA officials are saying the driver suffered a heart attack and veered into on coming traffic. NORRA did release this:“Yesterday a NORRA race team lost one of its members due to injuries sustained in a tragic accident during a highway transit stage of the NORRA 500,” reads a statement from NORRA posted Saturday. “Racers and teams are the heart of our extended NORRA family. NORRA’s thoughts and heartfelt condolences go out to all involved.”

I'm interested in the details and have been reading the Mexican press. I haven't found anything new since the 1/2 dozen or so original news accounts. One did say the driver was arrested, so who knows?

Unlimited Truck 1464 - Matthew Legg - Cowbell Racing

[Edited on 10-3-2022 by SFandH]

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2022 at 10:56 AM

Quote: Originally posted by lencho  

getting back to the accident now im reading that allegedly NORRA officials are saying the driver suffered a heart attack and veered into on coming traffic.

Oncoming traffic? On a race course? :o

You happen to have a link to that announcement? I was unable to find it on the NORRA website.

All accounts in the Mexican press are saying the family was parked off the side of the road. Indications are at a highway turnoff to a landfill.

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2022 at 10:59 AM

Sounds like a whitewash. And how indecent of them to issue a statement that did not acknowedge the child's death as well as the driver's, and offer condolences.
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2022 at 11:41 AM

Quote: Originally posted by surabi  
Sounds like a whitewash. And how indecent of them to issue a statement that did not acknowedge the child's death as well as the driver's, and offer condolences.

I have not read a single news report saying the driver died. The child died and his father was seriously injured. I did read a news report saying the driver was arrested.

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 10-3-2022 at 02:57 PM

what is your source for NORRA statement? (why do people post purported quotes on the internet without providing citation or link to source?)

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 10-3-2022 at 03:04 PM

Quote: Originally posted by willardguy  
Sad. A poorly-maintained race vehicle on an unsafe track.
https://www.ensenada.net/noticias/nota.php?id=69437

http://**************.com/

Apparently, driver was driving a truck with failed brakes, and hit parked car on the public road.

Perhaps time to stop this chit… how many more innocents must die to entertain offroad fans?

[Edited on 10-1-2022 by mtgoat666]

don't ever quote Baja Racing News as a source...we all know who that jackazz is:(

i dont know who is behind that website. it does look like Doug deleted my link,... so he/she must be on the bad-nomad list

Woke!

baja-chris
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2022 at 03:10 PM

The accident took place during the transit of the race vehicles from Ensenada to the start of the first stage of the rally race. Yes a race vehicle was involved but it was not while it was racing, it was on the way to start the race. Not that it makes any difference, just pointing this out.

The boy that died was standing outside the chase truck which was hit, the boy's father and daughter were injured. The race truck that hit them was their team. (The injured father was listed as a register driver of the race truck that stuck them). Very very sad.

[Edited on 10-3-2022 by baja-chris]
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2022 at 05:02 PM

So it was a very unfortunate accident not even involving racing?

But some ppl pile on before the facts come out and try to use a crisis to drive some change that matches with their ideology. That seems to happen a lot.

[Edited on 10-4-2022 by JZ]

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

freediverbrian
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2022 at 06:15 PM

Facts ???? Come on this forum is all about politics and rhetoric not facts.
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-4-2022 at 06:01 AM

But some ppl pile on before the facts come out and try to use a crisis to drive some change that matches with their ideology. That seems to happen a lot.

Facts never stopped you from fomenting an opinion, Captain Covid.

John
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 10-4-2022 at 06:16 AM

Oh, it involved racing, it happened to a racer and his crew during the race (transit stretch), so involved racing.
I have observed racers and their crews driving aggressively before, during and after races, more often than not. Have you ever seen a racer drive slowly during a transit stretch during a race?

Remember, ALL accidents are avoidable.

[Edited on 10-4-2022 by mtgoat666]

Woke!

John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-4-2022 at 07:42 AM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Yes, and people are human!

That's not what Q told me. There are lizard people among us.

John
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 10-4-2022 at 08:10 AM
Who is Q?

I don't know what you are seeing, but that video is "unavailable" on my feed (Starlink)

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
 Pages:  1    3    5

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.