BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: House for Sale in Scorpion Bay (San Juanico)
advrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-12-2022 at 05:15 PM
House for Sale in Scorpion Bay (San Juanico)

Sounds amazing, can't wait to see some pictures. Love that town.
roncel8554

[*] posted on 10-12-2022 at 05:52 PM

I'll try tomorrow...are you looking for a place there?
advrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-13-2022 at 07:22 AM

Not at the moment, need to sell one before I can buy another. But you never know, good luck with the sale. Also, David K might be able to help with the pictures if you send him a message?
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 10-14-2022 at 09:26 AM

I am not in the market (yet) but I noticed that you posted your property ciunder Real Estate Wanted instead of Real Estate Available.

I think that anybody shopping for a place to buy would probably be checking both categories, but it wouldn't hurt to put it in the correct column.

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-14-2022 at 09:44 AM

Add paragraph breaks to make it easier for people to read.

Casa Celeste

We started building our San Juanico house in 2008. It is a Pueblo Revival style of our own design to fit our needs. It sits on 2ea 20x30m township lots with the house located on one lot and the other left as yard space. The survey further indicates the lots are 20.85 x 36m and the area totals 1440 square meters. (16048 sq feet) The house is oriented to block the prevailing winds facing the bay and the mountains and situated to make full advantage of the sun for our solar system.

The house itself sits on large concrete steel reinforced footings with concrete block stemwalls. It is constructed of Tridipanel Structural Foam Panel and plasted with 1.5 inches of cement plaster on each side. This is also steel reinforced as per spec from Tridipanel Engineers. Because of the 5 inch foam panel the house is super insulated. It stays very cool in the heat of summer and heats up very quickly with our gas log propane stove during those cold spring nights. The windows are all thermopane to help this.

The living space is 3 bedrooms, 2 baths and a large great room with a living, dining and kitchen area. The living space is 1050 square feet. It opens on to a 520 square foot viewing/living palapa covered deck with a BBQ and built in cafe tables. There is also a built in ladder up to the 750 square foot roof deck where the solar panels are located for security and easy cleaning. There is also a beautiful view.

Downstairs there is a large enclosed beach shower and sitting area with hot and cold water. It is very private and has plenty of hanging space for wetsuits and towels. On the ground level there are 2 garages. The middle one houses the solar system, water pressure system and a place to install a washing machine. There is ample storage for kayaks, surfboards, fishing gear and vehicles. The second garage is a workshop for tools and a small vehicle.

The utilities included are a 4kw solar system with 8 Concord AGM batteries backed up by a 3kw Honda generator housed in a brick shed at the bottom of the property away from the house. There are 6 Kyocera 185 watt solar panels on the roof. There is 1200 gallons of water storage in 2 Tinacos fed by the town water system. It is hooked to a 120v water pressure system which includes a large pressure tank.

The propane gas system has a stand alone large tank which fires the cookstove/oven, propane gaslog heat stove which is thermostadt controlled and the 2 waterheaters (one for each bathroom) so there is no waiting for hot water. The septic system consists of primary and secondary fermentation tanks down to an infiltrator leach system at the bottom of the property.

The yard is fenced and the landscaping consists of mostly desert flora all on a drip irrigation system for ease of maintenance. There is a drive-thru RV space on the property with sewer and water hook-ups.

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

roncel8554

[*] posted on 10-18-2022 at 03:12 PM

How do I change it too real estate available? Also liked add paragraph breaks. How do I attach photos?
Chup
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-18-2022 at 07:38 PM

Quote: Originally posted by roncel8554  
How do I change it too real estate available? Also liked add paragraph breaks. How do I attach photos?

@David K

JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-18-2022 at 08:59 PM

Signup for an account with postimages.org. It is free. It is a fantastic photo hosting site that can be used on all sorts of message boards.

Upload a photo from your phone or laptop to postimage.org.

After upload, click the button that says "Direct Link." That copies a link to your photo.

On Nomad's in your message in this thread type: [img=800]Paste Link[/img]
--- put an "x" after 800, e.g. "800x" The 800x makes the image fit perfectly on the page.

Pic of my baby girl having a spa day today:

After:

[Edited on 10-19-2022 by JZ]

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

roncel8554

[*] posted on 10-19-2022 at 07:07 AM

Thanks, I'll try it. I'm not very tech savvy. Makes me feel my age.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 10-19-2022 at 10:41 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Chup  

@David K

I am not the host or moderator of Baja Nomad but I will alert Doug ('BajaNomad') by using the Report button located next to each post and reply.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 10-19-2022 at 10:49 AM

There is a button called EDIT next to your posts. Click it and make the changes, add the paragraphs, delete a post, whatever.

If your photos are not large, you can attach them from you photo folder on the forums with that. Otherwise, you can use a free photo hosting site, like Postimages.org which easily sizes the photos to fit on Nomad (800 pixels max) without reducing the quality.

I explain how to use Post Images.org is a few easy steps, on the top post in the Nomad Photo & Video Gallery, here: http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=65085

[Edited on 10-20-2022 by David K]

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

BajaNomad
Super Administrator
Thread Moved
10-19-2022 at 02:14 PM
roncel8554

[*] posted on 10-19-2022 at 04:56 PM

Thanks for the help
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 10-19-2022 at 05:16 PM
Sample edit you can do in your opening post:

We would like to sell our house in Scorpion Bay. (San Juanico) $295K
Here is a description:

Casa Celeste

We started building our San Juanico house in 2008. It is a Pueblo Revival style of our own design to fit our needs. It sits on 2ea 20x30m township lots with the house located on one lot and the other left as yard space. The survey further indicates the lots are 20.85 x 36m and the area totals 1440 square meters. (16048 sq feet) The house is oriented to block the prevailing winds facing the bay and the mountains and situated to make full advantage of the sun for our solar system.

The house itself sits on large concrete steel reinforced footings with concrete block stemwalls. It is constructed of Tridipanel Structural Foam Panel and plasted with 1.5 inches of cement plaster on each side. This is also steel reinforced as per spec from Tridipanel Engineers. Because of the 5 inch foam panel the house is super insulated. It stays very cool in the heat of summer and heats up very quickley with our gas log propane stove during those cold spring nights. The windows are all thermopane to help this.

The living space is 3 bedrooms, 2 baths and a large great room with a living, dining and kitchen area. The living space is 1050 square feet. It opens on to a 520 square foot viewing/living palapa covered deck with a BBQ and built in cafe tables. There is also a built in ladder up to the 750 square foot roof deck where the solar panels are located for secuity and easy cleaning. There is also a beautiful view.

Downstairs there is a large enclosed beach shower and sitting area with hot and cold water. It is very private and has plenty of hanging space for wetsuits and towels. On the ground level there are 2 garages. The middle one houses the solar system, water pressure system and a place to install a washing machine. There is ample storage for kayaks, surfboards, fishing gear and vehicles. The second garage is a workshop for tools and a small vehicle.

The utilities included are a 4kw solar system with 8 Concord AGM batteries backed up by a 3kw Honda generator housed in a brick shed at the bottom of the property away from the house. There are 6 Kyocera 185 watt solar panels on the roof. There is 1200 gallons of water storage in 2 Tinacos fed by the town water system. It is hooked to a 120v water pressure system which includes a large pressure tank. The propane gas system has a stand alone large tank which fires the cookstove/oven, propane gaslog heat stove which is thermostadt controlled and the 2 waterheaters (one for each bathroom) so there is no waiting for hot water. The septic system consists of primary and secondary fermentation tanks down to an infiltrator leach system at the bottom of the property.

The yard is fenced and the landscaping consists of mostly desert flora all on a drip irrigation system for ease of maintenance. There is a drive-thru RV space on the property with sewer and water hook-ups.
Hope this helps

We Plan to be there if you would like to view it approximately from Nov. 30 until mid Dec. 2022 Email us at roncel8554@gmail.com
Our 1st time on B N so I haven't figured out how to post photos yet....I'll work on it.

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-19-2022 at 11:42 PM

JZ What a BEAUTIFUL dog you have!

ronce Good luck with the sale and although everyone says it is easy to post photos, I disagree! It took me a long tome to understand the process. But it is do-able and for sure you need photos to sell the house.

I would indeed go back to the original post and edit for inserting paragraphs.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.