Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Baja Message Board Politics
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 9-17-2003 at 08:00 PM
Baja Message Board Politics

A message board basically has room for all who desire, to post new articles or reply to existing ones. If one person posts frequently, it does not prevent others from posting.

A person who has much to share is usually appreciated for doing that. I appreciate everyone who shares their travel stories or questions/answers! I also get plenty of thank yous for my input on the boards or in my web site.

A few cannot understand or mis-understand why I take time to contribute. I say, if you don't like a person who posts or the contents of the article... MOVE ON! Only the Off Topic forum is a place for banter, right?

I have almost 40 years of Baja travel in my memory... It serves no one for me to keep that secret and die with it in my head. I enjoy helping other Baja enthusiasts find a great time with my tid bits of details and photos. It helps the people of Baja that we who love Baja continue to travel there, as well.
If we really love Baja and its people, then lets promote travel there to people JUST LIKE US... ie. self sufficient, have something to give, be good ambassadors, haul out what you haul in (and more), help another in need, etc.

My interests are in off highway trips to places of historic and geologic interest. These are not for everyone and I never say they are.

Live and Let Live... But also give more than you take!!!

Thanks for your time! David K (Kier)

[Edited on 9-20-2003 by David K]

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Ski Baja
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-17-2003 at 09:06 PM
One perspective

David, it's not about you. I have met you. Many of us appreciate and enjoy your stories. And pictures etc.. Thank you.
But, I also think the more publicity and information given, the faster the Baja that you have known for so many years will be soon to disappear. As it has in many areas already. And ask yourself why. Development, publicity, and friends of friends who have had places in Baja for however many years here. I am surrounded by it . And then, Shell Island and the Baja Boards turn into the same old U.S.Soap Opera which is what my neighborhood turned into after the Americans moved in.
I go to many other boards and read all opinions. I do not make any without hearing all sides. What I do see though, is American BS already infesting the most popular and convenient places to light here in Baja. Gossip, enemies with vecinos, changing friends every week, back and forth accusations, blah blah blah!! Typical of most places in the U.S., but not very Mexican.
Let's see, I want to move to the real Baja, Bahia De Los Angeles, where the Mexicans are real but, you don't want to talk to these neighbors because blah blah blah. And then these neighbors are OK but, they are from blah blah blah. And these guys here are really lame because blah blah blah.
After meeting you briefly, I would like to think that you are at least aware that there are two sides to every story. And coming up with a balance that is equitable to all involved must truly be a Mexican thing because I haven't seen it from either side of this blah blah blah between the boards.
TWO SIDES, try to look at both!
Mike Humfreville
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-17-2003 at 11:21 PM

David,

What specific action caused you to post this here and now?

Mike
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 9-17-2003 at 11:23 PM

10-4 J.R., there are two sides (or more) to everything.

You can't keep Baja a secret, so let's encourage good behavior from the people who want to come to Baja (clean up one's campsite, remove graffiti, bring supplies to a remote Mexican village) spread the Viva Baja or Amigo de Baja or Nomad de Baja spirit.

It's not travel information that causes bad things in Baja, it's people who do bad things to the land or people in Baja.

Shell Island looks just the same as it did 25 years ago, when I first camped there, despite me talking about or posting aerial and satellite photos of it on my web site.

Baja (and Mother Nature) is tougher than us... Sure, we can give it a black eye (like Calamajue after a race). But, it will repair itself in time. Often, good amigos like you, speed up that repair time!

For the most part Baja people are good people. I discovered that at my Viva Baja parties. Love of Baja is a common factor, even with people of various socio-economic backgrounds.

The Internet is viewed by all kinds of people. Baja attracts a few bad apples, but the majority are like most the folks on Baja Nomad. Sharing Baja on Baja Nomad will have far greater positive results, than negative IMHO.

Now, when do we go back to Nueva York Deli for another great pastrami sandwitch?

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Ski Baja
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-18-2003 at 07:35 AM
Pastrami

You tell me Amigo, there is also this brewery in TJ that needs further investigation when you get a chance.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.