Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Rod Davis missing in Loreto-Juncalito area as of Oct 25th
RFClark
Super Nomad

Mood: Looking forward to 2024

[*] posted on 11-10-2022 at 09:03 AM

Anyone ever wonder why you can’t have a 2nd PIN on your debit card that will allow you to withdraw money but declare an emergency?
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 11-10-2022 at 03:44 PM

Quote: Originally posted by RFClark  
Anyone ever wonder why you can’t have a 2nd PIN on your debit card that will allow you to withdraw money but declare an emergency?

You don't need to enter a pin if the debit card can be run as a credit card, just a signature will do.

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-10-2022 at 04:25 PM

Quote: Originally posted by wilderone  
I think started and ended at Juncalito. Ended specifically with a credit card charge at Puerto Escondido. Maybe a drug runner who needed fuel for his boat to go back to mainland. or wherever. Reported that bank account was drained. Many many years ago I went to Juncalito looking for a spot to camp and thought it was sketchy then and didn't stay.

So they used the CC to buy gas at Escondido?

Mexico has a lot of cameras. Use of a CC has to be on camera somewhere.

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-10-2022 at 07:33 PM

My understanding is from a Colorado news article; and a couple posts on TalkB. "Huber" is Rod's ex-wife.

"Huber said that Davis’ bank records show that someone began withdrawing money from his account through cash withdrawals and gas purchases starting in the afternoon of Oct. 25. By the following day, his account was drained and in overdraft. The final charges on Davis’ debit card that Huber said they believe to be his took place that morning at the marina near Juncalito Beach where he keeps his boat.
“We don’t believe he ever got to the place to fix his solar panels, and by that afternoon somebody had started withdrawing money from his bank account,” Huber said."

“Please keep your eyes open around the city of Constitution for his truck. The majority of card charges were there.”
[and]
“The authorities have identified suspects & are continuing to investigate.”
Tommy A
Nomad

Mood: Relaxed

[*] posted on 11-11-2022 at 09:41 PM

https://www.facebook.com/groups/283268275089917/permalink/55...
BajaParrothead
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-11-2022 at 10:39 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Tommy A  
https://www.facebook.com/groups/283268275089917/permalink/55...

Hopefully justice will be served. It's always a roll of the dice!
wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-12-2022 at 08:08 AM

Him and maybe the rest of the gang.

"Lisandro “N,” 23, who had allegedly been “picked up” by armed men, was put before a Judge of Control in Loreto as likely responsible for the abduction and murder of a senior American, to sorrows last October 25 at the beach El Juncal of that community.
Sources from the Prosecutor General's Office of State Justice (PGJE), reported that he was also detained on the basis of arrest warrants to two men and a woman, who formed a gang dedicated to the theft of businesses and vehicles in Ciudad Constituci On, Insurgent City, Loreto and Santa Rosalia.
In addition, there are indications of the involvement of Lisandro "N", the son of a civil servant in Comondú, in a shooting murder perpetrated in Ciudad Insurgentes.
Their victim in Loreto was identified as Rodney "N," a 73-year-old North American who was camping at El Juncalito Beach, with two dogs and his gold Toyota Pickup, Tundra, towing a camper."
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 11-12-2022 at 08:13 AM

LA CAPTURA DE BANDA DELICTIVA PODRÍA ACLARAR 2 HOMICIDIOS Y OTROS DELITOS
.=Intentaron confundir a la opinión pública denunciando "levantones" y desaparición

Lisandro "N", de 23 años, supuestamente "levantado" por hombres armados en el poblado de Zaragoza y Yishel Carolina "N", supuestamente "desaparecida" tras salir de las oficinas del Ministerio Público de Ciudad Constitución, forman parte de la banda capturada por la Agencia Estatal de Investigación Criminal (AEIC), en base a órdenes de aprehensión por secuestro agravado.

Sin embargo junto con Esteban "N" y Fernando "N", son implicados en la privación ilegal de la libertad y homicidio del turista Norteamericano Rodney Davis, de 73 años de edad, el pasado 25 de Octubre cuando acompaba en la playa El Juncalito, con dos de sus perros y su Pickup Toyota, Tundra, color dorado con el que remolcaba un camper.

A Lisandro "N", hijo de una funcionaria pública en Comondú, también se le relacióna con un crimen a balazos en Ciudad Insurgentes, de donde es originaria la mujer identificada como Yishel Carolina "N".

Además la Procuraduría General de Justicia del Estado (PGJE), quien los ubico como objetivos prioritarios para el esclarecimiento de una serie de ilícitos, los relaciona con varias carpetas de investigación por robo a comercios y de vehículos en Ciudad Constitución, Ciudad Insurgentes, Loreto y Santa Rosalía.

Hasta el momento y tras dar cumplimiento a órdenes de aprehensión, los cuatro se encuentran a disposición de un Juez de Control.

And….

ANTE EL JUEZ PELIGROSA BANDA DE SECUESTRADORES Y HOMICIDAS
.=Operaban en Municipios del Norte de BCS

Objetivos prioritarios, 3 hombres y una mujer, imputados por secuestro fueron ubicados, localizados y aprehendidos eran requeridos por la autoridad judicial

Cuatro personas, tres del sexo masculino y una femenina, identificados como Esteban “N”, Yishel Carolina “N”, Lisandro “N”, Fernando “N” y imputados por el delito de secuestro agravado, fueron aprehendidos por elementos de la Agencia Estatal de Investigación Criminal (AEIC) de la Procuraduría General de Justicia del Estado (PGJE) de Baja California Sur, en los municipios de La Paz, Loreto y Comondú, el jueves 10 de noviembre y dejados a disposición de la autoridad judicial.

Con la denuncia de la parte ofendida, los agentes de investigación criminal comenzaron sus labores y obtuvieron distintos elementos de prueba, que llevaron a conocer la identidad de los probables responsables del delito de secuestro agravado, por lo que el Juez de Control determinó que existió lo necesario para librar las órdenes de aprehensión en su contra, mismas que se cumplimentaron.

Las respectivas órdenes de aprehensión se cumplimentaron el jueves 10 de noviembre en la ciudad de Loreto por elementos de la Unidad de Mandamientos Judiciales de la PGJE.

(Más información)

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

Tacayo

[*] posted on 11-12-2022 at 08:25 AM

My condolences go out to the family of Ron. What a horrible thing to have to deal with.
Good to see that the perp was picked up by the police. I don't know if it's possible to find out but it would also be good to know how this terrible crime went down so we can better protect ourselves and avoid the same outcome.
BooJumMan
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-13-2022 at 07:31 AM

Wow this is tragic news... I was in Loreto on the 25th as well.

As far as the car comments go with regards to driving them into Baja... Driving back north last weekend, it was non stop nice clean rigs heading south with Canada, Oregon, Washington, Utah and California plates. I mean, hundreds of nice cars heading south. Most I've ever seen by far. I just assume he was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

In that pre-Google Earth and social media epoch, The Code was adhered to. It was based on a simple verity: if a locale had been transformational for you, and you had put the hard yards in to get there and to learn it, to know it, why in god�s name would you broadcast the news, thus ruining the future experience not only for yourself, but for future adventurers?
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 11-13-2022 at 09:28 AM

The blatant disregard for the consequences of their actions (such as getting caught) makes me wonder if they were high on meth. I wonder if we will ever know the answer to that one?

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 11-13-2022 at 09:49 AM

Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  
The blatant disregard for the consequences of their actions (such as getting caught) makes me wonder if they were high on meth. I wonder if we will ever know the answer to that one?

Express kidnappings are a thing in Mexico. Psychopathy is a thing everywhere. Is it the meth or the psychopathy that leads people to murder? I think it’s the psychopathy.

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-13-2022 at 10:46 AM

This is the saddest news.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
Marty Mateo
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-7-2023 at 07:42 PM

Has there been any further information on this?
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-7-2023 at 08:04 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Marty Mateo  
Has there been any further information on this?

I talked to a local about it last month and he gave me the scoop.

Not as random as one might think.

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

advrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-7-2023 at 08:39 PM

Anything that you can share JZ. Don't know if meth was involved or not but it turns people into crazed killers, detached from emotions and feelings.
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.