Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  ..  5
Author: Subject: Is Baja Nomad Dying?
BajaBill74
Nomad

Mood: Beyond Extatic!

[*] posted on 11-3-2022 at 08:08 AM
Is Baja Nomad Dying?

The number of posts per day is going WAY down. Can we save it?

What I'm doing at work is so secret, even I don't know what I'm doing!

One should believe in God, because even Google doesn't know everything.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 11-3-2022 at 08:53 AM

Perhaps, but if we all could keep posting Baja trip reports, Baja photos, Baja events, and stay away from politics... that may do it. We still have a few regular posters who have never posted a trip report or photos of their times in Baja.

The difficulty for some to post photos (or learn the easy steps needed, currently) could be an issue, too.

The huge deposit of content from the past 20 years since Nomad forums began (2002), is an incredibel resource. The search feature here is like a pot of gold, as well.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

tomieharder
Banned

[*] posted on 11-3-2022 at 09:01 AM

Lot's of childish name calling on this site.
elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-3-2022 at 09:12 AM

Quote: Originally posted by tomieharder  

You do see a lot more of that all over the place. Up until a few years ago you would see it (childish names, mocking disabled, blatant lies) every day in the news cycle coming out of the mouth of the leader of the biggest democracy in the world. Once that started seemed every buttcrack (including the ones on this board) felt it was ok to come out from under their rock and say whatever the flock they wanted. Now of course that's just my opinion but since I have studied human behavior practically my whole life I am entitled to that opinion and no one can convince me otherwise.
Facts. Truth. lol :saint:;):cool::biggrin:

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 11-3-2022 at 09:32 AM

The answer is no cant be saved. Before I joined was told by Ex nomads dont give your time here. So far every off road person and a few nomads . Good decent people the marooons and clueless out number the good. On all other web sites Im on these nut cases are quickly. Removed by all others on site what it is it is.
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-3-2022 at 09:41 AM

The site is helpful to screen who to avoid in Baja...
boe4fun
Super Nomad

Mood: Circling the drain........

[*] posted on 11-3-2022 at 09:53 AM

The Vagabundos no longer have a link to forums. I wouldn’t like to see yet another source fall by the wayside.

Two dirt roads diverged in Baja and I, I took the one less graveled by......

Soy ignorante, apático y ambivalente. No lo sé y no me importa, ni modo.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-3-2022 at 09:59 AM

I think covid and not being able to travel so easily had a big impact here. This should slowly but surely change back, right?

This site has been a wealth of information on everythig Baja - hotels, restaurants, roads, all invaluable and wonderful in real time.

It would be terrible for this to end. I say this writibg from Turkiye!

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-3-2022 at 10:00 AM

Quote: Originally posted by gnukid  
The site is helpful to screen who to avoid in Baja...

That was hilarious and made me laugh out loud!!
MulegeAL
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-3-2022 at 10:01 AM

"Can we save it?"

My opinion is no. Would require stronger moderation to remove counter pointers, name callers, etc and I don't think that change will happen.

Outta here.

JDCanuck
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-3-2022 at 10:08 AM

It's a bit odd, but the same people who are most willing to provide helpful information when asked are also the ones that are most often attacked and abused personally. Why is that? And don't dare thank them for whatever helpful info they provided or defend them when they are attacked as that puts you on the attack list as well by simple association.
Well meaning people just stop asking or contributing and go elsewhere to share their info. I have to admire those that hang in there despite all these personal attacks, and thanks for your commitment.

[Edited on 11-3-2022 by JDCanuck]

A century later and it's still just as applicable: Desiderata: http://mwkworks.com/desiderata.html
KurtG
Super Nomad

Mood: Press On Regardless!!

[*] posted on 11-3-2022 at 10:43 AM

Forums in general are in decline. In years past one could find a forum dedicated to almost any obscure subject, my experience with motorcycle forums is an example. 15 years ago there were forums filled with info for the motorcycles I owned. There were a couple for the KLR that helped me a lot over the years. Even a model like my 81 CB750 Custom had a forum dedicated just to that model. These forums still exist but share all the problems of this and other forums. The link below gives a good overview of this decline and reasons for it.

https://www.makeuseof.com/social-media-online-forums/

The political stuff from both camps drive people away. It really is that simple.
4x4abc
Ultra Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: happy - always

[*] posted on 11-3-2022 at 11:06 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaBill74  
The number of posts per day is going WAY down. Can we save it?

nope!

dead like facebook

Harald Pietschmann
Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 11-3-2022 at 11:46 AM

:bounce:

Quote: Originally posted by tomieharder  

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 11-3-2022 at 11:47 AM

we are all dying...jus sayin...

I love this forum and have made so many lifelong amigos through it. I love that we can banter with the poster...not like facebook which I am not real fond of at all.

I do wish it was easier to post photos and of course that the personal attacks could be stopped.

I for one love the humour and classic posters who mansplain stuff..hahah...it is full of colourful characters.

Maybe if Facebook crashed we could revive Nomads.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
Udo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-3-2022 at 11:49 AM

This is well-said, JD!

Quote: Originally posted by JDCanuck  
It's a bit odd, but the same people who are most willing to provide helpful information when asked are also the ones that are most often attacked and abused personally. Why is that? And don't dare thank them for whatever helpful info they provided or defend them when they are attacked as that puts you on the attack list as well by simple association.
Well meaning people just stop asking or contributing and go elsewhere to share their info. I have to admire those that hang in there despite all these personal attacks, and thanks for your commitment.

[Edited on 11-3-2022 by JDCanuck]

Udo

Udo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-3-2022 at 11:52 AM

Well said, Shari!:bounce:

Quote: Originally posted by shari  
we are all dying...jus sayin...

I do wish it was easier to post photos and of course that the personal attacks could be stopped.

Maybe if Facebook crashed we could revive Nomads.

Udo

4x4abc
Ultra Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: happy - always

[*] posted on 11-3-2022 at 12:26 PM

BajaNomad is the perfect forum for Baja

like in Baja there are rules - but nobody follows them
nobody enforces them
a "less government dream" come true

like in Baja, in the end - bullies set the tone
and poison everything quiet, kind and gentle

60 speed limit 800.jpg - 121kB

Harald Pietschmann
RFClark
Super Nomad

Mood: Looking forward to 2024

[*] posted on 11-3-2022 at 01:19 PM

Harold,

I hope that you are feeling better. That sign is the problem with government in one picture.

The speed signs are probably placed by a guy in the D.F. who has never driven the road. Micro-regulation not only doesn’t work it generates an attitude that allows people to disregard rules that do matter.

I think that a lack of demanding personal responsibility and failure to teach critical thinking are to blame as well.

Bullies setting the tone! The DOJ using main battle tanks to settle a child custody case does come to mind here!
JDCanuck
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-3-2022 at 01:28 PM

I have question for Harald or anyone else that drives into La Paz on Hwy 1 from the north. I have looked constantly for where the speed changes as you are driving into El Centenario from the gas station and have found no signage. What is the speed limit and where does it change? I have assumed 80kph and just after the restaurant and gas station. Am I right? No one seems to slow down until long after that.

A century later and it's still just as applicable: Desiderata: http://mwkworks.com/desiderata.html
 Pages:  1    3  ..  5

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.