BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Caravan in January
Thebajabeatle

[*] posted on 11-17-2022 at 10:42 AM
Caravan in January

I’m heading down in January and I’m looking for travelers interested in driving together to LaPaz. Taking about five days enjoying the peninsula and possibly surfing along the way. I’ve driven multiple times and know safe place’s to stay. I travel in a truck camper but also stay at motels depending on where I’m at. And I like eating seafood and Mariscos. I will cross a Mexicali and take the five or Tecate and possibly cut back to the five. Not interested in crossing at Tijuana. Feel free to email me about opening a dialogue. Thanks Johnny
4x4abc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: happy - always

[*] posted on 11-17-2022 at 12:03 PM

tell us more why you want to caravan
especially since this is not your first trip

Harald Pietschmann
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-17-2022 at 02:33 PM

Maybe he/she is lonely.
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-17-2022 at 03:27 PM

I generally find traveling in groups to one giant PIA.
If i felt my safety in a given area required that, i would choose a different destination.
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 11-17-2022 at 06:04 PM

My mom and dad loved to take road trips, including taking our family of six to Manzanillo for three months in 1957, and 59. Once all of us kids had left the nest, it was an annual event for them.

They explored the mainland as far as Cancun, and the length of Baja many times by themselves. My mom was a world class talker (more than my dad could keep up with) so she preferred caravans to traveling as a couple because of the social aspect of circling the wagons and meeting people from all over the US and Canada!

They were usually the "Wagon Masters" of the caravan because of their knowledge of the routes traveled. I joined them one time in 1986 when I drove down from Anchorage for a three and a half month winter getaway with my family.

I have only traveled with a solo vehicle since the 86 trip, but I can see the attraction that many, more sociable people than me, can find in a caravan of like-minded people!

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
JDCanuck
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-17-2022 at 06:20 PM

A lot of people travel to meet new people, others to explore new areas and enjoy them privately. My wife is one of the former and we have certainly benefited by her willingness to stop and chat with anyone that is willing. I tend to be the one that refuses to ask directions and gets lost in the process. (I'm not lost I'm exploring)

I can see the attraction to caravans to people like my wife. Safety is the bonus, not necessarily the primary reason.

A century later and it's still just as applicable: Desiderata: http://mwkworks.com/desiderata.html
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-17-2022 at 06:21 PM

I even pass on motorbike rides with more than 3 guys.
Beyond a certain number, the odds that someone becomes a real liability goes exponential.
Poor skills, equipment, and temperament.
wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-18-2022 at 09:25 AM

I'm with Pbob. A disparity in expectations among the group can ruin a trip. I wouldn't want to compromise on my expectations.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.