BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4    6
Author: Subject: !!!!!!!! Mexico in the World Cup !!!!!!!!!!!
elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-27-2022 at 11:31 AM

Fight on! :cool:

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-27-2022 at 12:27 PM

Quote: Originally posted by John Harper  
Quote: Originally posted by surabi  
Super tedious to watch, akin to watching paint dry. Mostly an excuse to sit around ogling the cheerleaders.

Baseball is more akin to watching paint dry, but when's the last time there was a tie in Major League Baseball? Or, a clock for that matter?

As far as ogling cheerleaders, what kind of male bashing comment is that?

John

At least in baseball they don't keep stopping after a minute of play.

Male bashing comment? Perhaps the question should be why female cheerleaders in skimpy costumes seem to be an integral part of American football, if not to pander to ogling by males.
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-27-2022 at 12:31 PM

At least in baseball they don't keep stopping after a minute of play.

Male bashing comment? Perhaps the question should be why female cheerleaders in skimpy costumes seem to be an integral part of American football, if not to pander to ogling by males.

Are you suggesting women aren't attracted to other women?

[Edited on 11-27-2022 by JZ]

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-27-2022 at 01:21 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  

Are you suggesting women aren't attracted to other women?

[Edited on 11-27-2022 by JZ]

No, I didn't suggest that at all. But I would suggest that what women generally perceive as erotic stimuli is different from what men do.
elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-27-2022 at 01:34 PM

https://www.therams.com/cheerleaders/roster/

MAGA

surfhat
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-27-2022 at 01:44 PM

The thought of kissing your sister was comparable back in the 60's when I played high school football for one season and one season only.

That was enough for us to do everything we could to avoid a tie.

I once stood across the line from a behemoth of a lineman who was easily two hundred pounds while I was a linebacker carrying 130 pounds at the most. All I did was prevent a completed pass and almost caught it, but it was not to be for my football career.

The next year surfing had me committed and has ever since.

The thought of a tie still feels the same. What is the point of kissing your sister? haha

Soccer needs to modernized their game.

The hooligan fans are unique in sports like no other. FIFA is as corrupt an organization as there is. Passion for sports can be a good thing when it is not taken to extremes like soccer fans show all too often.

I don't watch soccer. I don't watch any organized sports other than tennis, sailing, and surfing. We are a rather mild group of fans. I could not care less about where a player is from or what country he represents when it comes to his own abilities in the completion. I root for whoever individually plays the best game on any given day.

Have at it.

surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-27-2022 at 01:57 PM

Quote: Originally posted by elgatoloco  

So why are the male cheerleaders not wearing skimpy outfits?
surfhat
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-27-2022 at 02:34 PM

Duh? Thanks Surabi. You are appreciated for always bringing some reason to the unreasonable ones that are allowed on this forum to spew their stuff that mostly belongs in the neglected off topic section. Mostly, not always.

I hang around for those few gems like yours and Blanca's and others who call the few out like they deserve to be called out. I am grateful for those few who continue to call bs on these what should be off topic members who never relent in showing the depth of their character. It is not good look and the sooner they see this, maybe they will give a second thought before posting their compromised resources they see as legitimate.

Oh well. My very few posts over the years can always hope that Hope Springs Eternal for the human race to survive the profiteering at all costs.

The sixth great extension upon us now may very well include the human race.

Just because a palm tree on the Bay of Conception has not been flooded out, I suggest looking farther afield than the Sea of Cortez.

The deniers of mankind to affect climate change through the use of fossil fuels have their minds buried in the sand. Why, is beyond me. Are they invested in the fossil fuel companies?

What we are leaving for future generations will not be appreciated, but we will all be long gone. It is up to us to provide a livable planet for our generations to come. Denial is a dis-ease we can overcome.
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-27-2022 at 02:49 PM

Quote: Originally posted by elgatoloco  

So why are the male cheerleaders not wearing skimpy outfits?

Because neither men or women want to see that.

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-27-2022 at 02:54 PM

Quote: Originally posted by surfhat  

The deniers of mankind to affect climate change through the use of fossil fuels have their minds buried in the sand. Why, is beyond me. Are they invested in the fossil fuel companies?

First of all, thanks for the appreciation.

As for what I quoted here, it doesn't seem particularly mysterious to me.

A.They want to continue to burn fossil fuels because it is an essential part of their lifestyle. Denying that it's a problem, or suggesting that there are no viable alternatives allows them to continue as per usual without any guilt or sense of responsilibity.

B. If solutions are proposed or implemented by politicians they oppose, they will dismiss it as wrong, whatever it may happen to be.

C. They are emotionally immature and act like "you can't tell me what to do" teenagers, regardless of whether the changes proposed are of benefit to all mankind. Their "freedom" to do as they like outweighs everything else.

[Edited on 11-27-2022 by surabi]
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-27-2022 at 04:47 PM

Perhaps the question should be why female cheerleaders in skimpy costumes seem to be an integral part of American football, if not to pander to ogling by males.

So, young male athletes aren't ogled by females? Males don't want to look good to young females? Track, swimming, and wrestling attire isn't skimpy?

Are you aware that cheerleading requires team work, athletic skills, coordination, and timing? High school cheerleaders can get college scholarships? It's actually pretty empowering for young women, in spite of your misunderstanding.

A very good friend of mine is a former Chargers cheerleader (our school cheer coach) and I know she would disagree with your comments. She's heard them before, nothing new.

And, who defines "skimpy?" The "Fashion Police?"

They say women can be their own worst enemy? That's a bad stereotype as well.

John

[Edited on 11-28-2022 by John Harper]
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-27-2022 at 04:52 PM

Meanwhile, back at the World Cup. Proof that Americans aren't always the nuttiest people on the planet.

Riots in Brussels after a LOSS to Morocco. Cars overturned and set fire. Riots in the streets over a loss.

WTF? We only do that in the USA when our team WINS a game or a championship. Who turned over a car in LA after the Dodgers lost? Or the Lakers?

Americans are pretty timid if we lose, but all hell is released with a win.

No wonder they allow ties in soccer.

John

surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-27-2022 at 06:00 PM

Track, swimming, and wrestling attire isn't skimpy?

Are you aware that cheerleading requires team work, athletic skills, coordination, and timing?

Don't be absurd. Obviously certain sports like swimming and wrestling and track require a minimum of clothing, or it would impede their ability to perform.

And while of course cheerleading requires certain skills and practice, it doesn't require showing major cleavage or tiny skirts in order to be done well. If world class gymnasts can perform in long sleeved leotards and nothing about their outfits are designed to be sexy, obviously cheerleading does not require Hooter's type outfits. It is done purely for sexualizing purposes.

And if women feel "empowered" by presenting themselves as sex objects, I would say they are pretty shallow and need to cultivate some other ways to get attention and be acknowledged for their skills.
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-27-2022 at 06:03 PM

Track, swimming, and wrestling attire isn't skimpy?

Are you aware that cheerleading requires team work, athletic skills, coordination, and timing?

Don't be absurd. Obviously certain sports like swimming and wrestling and track require a minimum of clothing, or it would impede their ability to perform.

And while of course cheerleading requires certain skills and practice, it doesn't require showing major cleavage or tiny skirts in order to be done well. If world class gymnasts can perform in long sleeved leotards and nothing about their outfits are designed to be sexy, obviously cheerleading does not require Hooter's type outfits. It is done purely for sexualizing purposes.

And if women feel "empowered" by presenting themselves as sex objects, I would say they are pretty shallow and need to cultivate some other ways to get attention and be acknowledged for their skills.

Maybe I can put you in contact with my friend, who actually knows what cheerleading is all about.

You seem pretty hung up on fashion. Let it go. Puritanism is long dead.

Olympic ice skater outfits are not designed to be attractive? Seen any Olympic beach volleyball outfits?

Women have breasts, are you embarrassed about that?

My sister did not get through cheerleader tryouts in high school. She got over it, you can too. Let it go.

John

surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-27-2022 at 07:08 PM

Women have breasts, are you embarrassed about that?

My sister did not get through cheerleader tryouts in high school. She got over it, you can too.

And men have penises, but it isn't considered acceptable for them to expose them in public.

Your attitude is sexist.

And cheerleading try-outs? :lol: I can assure you I had zero interest in such things. And if I had, I can assure you I would have made the team, considering I'd had 10 years of ballet and modern dance training by the time I got to high school.
And since you are obviously unaware of it, only the "popular" girls were interested in being cheerleaders, at least in my high school. The same kind of girls who dated the jocks.

[Edited on 11-28-2022 by surabi]
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-27-2022 at 07:37 PM

Dated 2 cheerleaders in HS. Lost my virginity to one of them.

Married a cheerleader later in life. Go Cheerleaders!

elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-27-2022 at 08:06 PM

https://www.usnews.com/news/stem-solutions/articles/2016-04-...

Yea science! Go Team :thumbup: :saint:

MAGA

John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-28-2022 at 08:51 AM

Your attitude is sexist.

And cheerleading try-outs? :lol: I can assure you I had zero interest in such things. And if I had, I can assure you I would have made the team, considering I'd had 10 years of ballet and modern dance training by the time I got to high school.
And since you are obviously unaware of it, only the "popular" girls were interested in being cheerleaders, at least in my high school. The same kind of girls who dated the jocks.

My attitude is sexist?

Who's the one bashing cheerleaders, which has nothing to do with the World Cup? Did you read the paragraph you just wrote? You seem to have a lot of bitterness toward cheerleaders. Me thinks thou doth protest too much.

And, since I do work at a high school, I can assure you it's not 1950 anymore and lots of girls are cheerleaders, not just the popular ones. It's a mix of all kinds of girls today; all races, body types, etc. Dating "jocks" is also a pretty archaic concept as well, it's 2022, not 1952. Your stale stereotypes alone are the very definition of "sexist."

OTOH, it sounds like you might have made our dance team, they win lots of dance competitions. But, there are some talented dancers at our school.

John

rccali
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-28-2022 at 11:40 AM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  
Dated 2 cheerleaders in HS. Lost my virginity to one of them.

Married a cheerleader later in life. Go Cheerleaders!

vomit.gif - 156kB
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-28-2022 at 08:01 PM

Meanwhile, back at the World Cup:

Big day for USA tomorrow! Now, we have to win, or die. As it should be. Waiting for the Iranian chants of "Death to America" tomorrow, at least it's finally able to be used in a proper/competitive context.

I'm taking an interest in Team Ghana, lowest ranked team, kicking ass so far. Lots of heart in their team.

John
 Pages:  1  2    4    6

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.