BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Out of San Ignacio
Tacayo

[*] posted on 11-28-2022 at 01:50 PM
Out of San Ignacio

I don't think this has been posted here yet. I stumbled across this amazing Patagonia to Alaska YouTube by a solo female motorcyclist. Here's part of her ride through Baja. She obviously enjoys adventure and Baja.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXQXN4aFicw
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 11-28-2022 at 03:18 PM

Wowsers... I watched this one and the next, all the way to San Felipe. So funny to hear her amazement with the cardóns and cirios (she had no idea what they were called). Interesting to see a little village at San Rafael built up by Pancho's former home, where she got a hot meal.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Cliffy
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-29-2022 at 09:49 AM
If You Think Baja is a Challenge? You Ain't Squat!

This is to add to the thread "Out of San Ignacio"

If you think you are a bike rider - you ain't squat if you haven't walked in her shoes!

If you think off road in Baja is a challenge- you ain't squat!

If you think you're tough and can handle adversity- YOU ain't squat compared to her!

She gets to Baja at 1:28:00 in this final video What comes before is incredible!!
There is a reason why she has 1.5 million subs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnzqRLETeDk

You chose your position in life today by what YOU did yesterday
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 11-29-2022 at 09:59 AM

HAAAA Cliffy you Aint no off road rider? Shes sweet but could not make it on that moto. Ten feet where we ride just the facts man.:D
BajaNomad
Super Administrator
Threads Merged
11-29-2022 at 11:52 AM
KurtG
Super Nomad

Mood: Press On Regardless!!

[*] posted on 11-29-2022 at 12:36 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajatrailrider  
HAAAA Cliffy you Aint no off road rider? Shes sweet but could not make it on that moto. Ten feet where we ride just the facts man.:D

She doesn't pretend to be an expert off road rider. She rode a Honda 300 Rallye with luggage from the tip of South America to Prudhoe Bay solo taking as many back road routes as possible. Her spirit of adventure and optimistic outlook are very apparent. Also her photo skills are excellent. Prior to the Americas trip she rode an Enfield from India to Europe solo. No camera crew or support vehicle. While I have always admired riders with your level of dirt riding ability I also think that this style of long distance unsupported travel takes great skill and mental strength that few have.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 11-29-2022 at 01:19 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajatrailrider  

Snagletooth,
She is overlanding. She is not doing little day trips on her local single track.
I suspect you could not begin to manage a mutli-country overlanding trip, earning money by youtubing your travels.

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 11-29-2022 at 01:33 PM

I was impressed with the number of cameras she employs (three I think during her rides) plus a drone camera that follows her above!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

DIWR17
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-30-2022 at 08:54 AM

I have to admit I have watched Itchy Boots (Noraly) for years on her adventures. Kinda got attached cause I had a 250 Rally for a couple of years. I couldn't and wouldn't do her adventures, Asia, Russia, South Africa. I'll stick to my day trips around here up the Easy Cape and some races every now and again.

If you get a chance watch her series, interesting progression as a rider and the trips were fascinating.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.