Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Mulege Restaurant Recommendations
bajafreaks
Nomad

Mood: No Bad Days !!!

[*] posted on 12-7-2022 at 04:49 PM
Mulege Restaurant Recommendations

We will be passing through Mulege, staying one night on our way to LB.
Want to do some more exploring while in town, any restaurant recommendations? I don't care what kind of food as long as its good. Will be stopping at Mulege brewing for sure.

[Edited on 12-8-2022 by bajafreaks]
Alan
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-7-2022 at 05:05 PM

Is La Serenidad doing pig roasts or Mexican buffets? I'm sure I'm aging myself :lol:

In Memory of E-57
bajafreaks
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-7-2022 at 05:08 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Alan  
Is La Serenidad doing pig roasts or Mexican buffets? I'm sure I'm aging myself :lol:

I believe I read they quit doing them plus we will be there on a Monday.
BajaParrothead
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-7-2022 at 09:37 PM

The Equipales is always good. Its on the way back out to hwy1, on your left and upstairs. Sorry i don't know the names of the streets.
bajagregg
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-7-2022 at 10:05 PM
:

I have had breakfast at Los Equipales a few times and it has always been good. The sign out front says they are open from 7:30 am until 10:00 pm.

Traveling Baja for 50 years.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 12-7-2022 at 10:26 PM

My favorite was El Patrón, at the very east end of the north river road, on the edge of the sea. Not always open when I am in Mulegé but when they are, nothing beats their garlic shrimp plate and cold Pacificos in a perfect location.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

bajafreaks
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-8-2022 at 03:03 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
My favorite was El Patrón, at the very east end of the north river road, on the edge of the sea. Not always open when I am in Mulegé but when they are, nothing beats their garlic shrimp plate and cold Pacificos in a perfect location.

We've eaten there last trip through, little shack at the end of road right on the water, correct ?
jamesbee

[*] posted on 12-8-2022 at 08:31 PM

Restaurant Bar Los Equipales was pretty good. Found on accident, reviews online are good. Was pretty reasonably priced.
HeyMulegeScott
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-9-2022 at 08:18 AM

A lot of choices for a small town. https://heymulege.com/restaurants/

Mulege Canuck
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-9-2022 at 08:30 AM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  

I have to agree with David. We love that little plywood shack. The owners Victor and Juanita are great people. Garlic shrimp is my favourite too. It is a pain in the ass how you never know if they are open or not but hey, it’s Mexico.

We kayak down the Rio in the late afternoon, dinner and margaritas,

then do some impaired paddling in the dark back to our place. I call it “Alcoholic Adventure Tourism”.

This is the view you will have on the way home. Enjoy!
4511CAE4-0AAD-4D54-9B82-609EE0FDEC15.jpeg - 62kB
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 12-9-2022 at 10:03 AM

Some photos from El Patrón from past times:

July 2007:

July 2009:

July 2012: El Patrón was closed, so we ate at Pancho Villa's, which is passed before reaching El Patrón.

July 2015: Closed but with an open sign (maybe we were too early)

From my web page in 2015:
Passing through town we soon are along the river or estuary. The new concrete road ends 1.6 miles from the Pemex station. The unpaved street continues for 0.3 mile to the El Patrón Restaurant on the water. The sign says open, and I really hope we come back when we are hungry, because it was so good in 2007 and 2009, but closed in 2012.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.