BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Tijuana news this week!
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

exclamation.gif posted on 12-22-2022 at 10:01 PM
Tijuana news this week!

Sampling of headlines for TJ news this week…

‘We Are No Longer Safe': Van With 6 Bodies Abandoned in Tijuana Shopping Center

Tijuana Surpasses 2K Homicides in 2022 as City Grapples with Organized Crime Crisis

Mexican authorities hunting for 'Ted Bundy'-like serial killer after 3 found dead in Tijuana

Restored water service in 90 percent of the affected neighborhoods: CESPT

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

RFClark
Super Nomad

Mood: Looking forward to 2024

[*] posted on 12-22-2022 at 10:15 PM

Goat,

Doug says that I can’t post similar things about California to demonstrate that it’s no better. What I can do is point out that in Mexico the same lousy level of public service costs about 1,000 Pesos a year in property taxes and my water bill is 350 Pesos a monh including the HOA dues. Electricity is, of course free and a doctor visit is on a walk-in basis and costs about 700 Pesos. So! Want to post what you pay for your lousy public services?

[Edited on 12-23-2022 by RFClark]
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-22-2022 at 11:11 PM

Quote: Originally posted by RFClark  
Goat,

Doug says that I can’t post similar things about California to demonstrate that it’s no better. What I can do is point out that in Mexico the same lousy level of public service costs about 1,000 Pesos a year in property taxes and my water bill is 350 Pesos a monh including the HOA dues. Electricity is, of course free and a doctor visit is on a walk-in basis and costs about 700 Pesos. So! Want to post what you pay for your lousy public services?

[Edited on 12-23-2022 by RFClark]

Clarkie:
My water is constant pressure, always available! I can drink straight from the tap!

My local streets are in good shape!

My local schools are good!

Most of my local beaches are clean!

Access to my local beaches and public lands is good. Here in SoCal and the SW USA I am surrounded by vast amounts of incredible public land for recreation!

My state and local govt does an OK job of public zoning/land use control!

I don’t mind paying taxes to keep my local infrastructure, parks and schools in good shape!

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-23-2022 at 04:03 AM

I think it is very important to keep tabs on what is happening in Baja, both positive and negative.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-23-2022 at 04:09 AM
Great! We both are getting our money’s worth!

Come on down! The water’s fine!

70377DF8-F62E-422B-822B-83B2220D5B00.jpeg - 300kB
Don Pisto
Super Nomad

Mood: weary like everyone else

[*] posted on 12-23-2022 at 07:08 AM

:( thats a shame you couldn't cut it in california....it's really quite lovely!

there's only two things in life but I forget what they are........
John Hiatt
RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-23-2022 at 09:23 AM

DP,

I was born in LA! Lived and worked there for 60 years. I think we both can say that we made it in California! The wife and I decided not to spend our declining years and savings supporting other peoples bad decisions! That was a choice! Building and remodeling houses there was both fun and profitable. We’re still at it down here.

The area around Todos Santos is a lot like the LA I grew up in! Which LA no longer is!
Don Pisto
Super Nomad

Mood: weary like everyone else

[*] posted on 12-23-2022 at 09:53 AM

DP,

I was born in LA! Lived and worked there for 60 years. I think we both can say that we made it in California! The wife and I decided not to spend our declining years and savings supporting other peoples bad decisions! That was a choice! Building and remodeling houses there was both fun and profitable. We’re still at it down here.

The area around Todos Santos is a lot like the LA I grew up in! Which LA no longer is!

sorry you feel that way, I do see a Baja news forum but not a Baja vs California forum. what exactly is it you hope to achieve here, bagging on california on a Baja message board other than making yourself feel good??

there's only two things in life but I forget what they are........
John Hiatt
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-23-2022 at 12:45 PM

clarkie,
todos santos is a lot like socal, because most of the gringo neighborhoods are vacation homes of people from socal! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Woke!

TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-23-2022 at 01:04 PM

When I moved to CA in 1978 there were signs that said Welcome to CA now go home. I'm still here.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 12-23-2022 at 02:52 PM

I was born in Califorina, over 65 years ago, and never moved away...

California was once a great state with great schools.

It has since become an armpit, but with good weather.
We are trapped here because we can't afford to move to another state where we can live better on our fixed incomes, with fair taxes, reasonabe fuel costs, and respect for law-abiding citizens (instead of letting criminals out of jail and running free without consequences).

Obviously, with a falling population, as so many have moved to other states, those of you who think California is still a great place to live and raise a family, are in the minority.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

bajadogs
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-23-2022 at 06:50 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
I was born in Califorina, over 65 years ago, and never moved away...

California was once a great state with great schools.

It has since become an armpit, but with good weather.
We are trapped here because we can't afford to move to another state where we can live better on our fixed incomes, with fair taxes, reasonabe fuel costs, and respect for law-abiding citizens (instead of letting criminals out of jail and running free without consequences).
Obviously, with a falling population, as so many have moved to other states, those of you who think California is still a great place to live and raise a family, are in the minority.

The population of California is not falling. GO OFF-TOPIC! How is this post Baja related? Seriously!?? Just stop being a DK!!!!
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-23-2022 at 08:02 PM

California's population falls in first-ever yearly decline
Published
7 May 2021
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-57033417

California population keeps falling, led by coastal losses; inland areas keep growing
https://news.yahoo.com/california-population-keeps-falling-l...

California’s population shrinks for third straight year as high costs stress households
https://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-government/capitol-aler...

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-23-2022 at 09:38 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  

You are not “trapped.” Put the U-Haul on your credit card, and pay off your CC off w/ all that money you are going to save by living in a Kingman AZ :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Why don’t you move to El Rosario? Cost is <$2,000 to rent a truck and drive your stuff south :light::light::light:

Woke!

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-23-2022 at 09:45 PM

Quote: Originally posted by gnukid  
California's population falls in first-ever yearly decline
Published
7 May 2021
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-57033417

California population keeps falling, led by coastal losses; inland areas keep growing
https://news.yahoo.com/california-population-keeps-falling-l...

California’s population shrinks for third straight year as high costs stress households
https://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-government/capitol-aler...

People come, people go, no big whoop. California is still a great place to live and work!

I know a Californians that moved to the south and southeast. Ugh! Too humid! No thanks!

I know lots of people here in California that came here from elsewhere in USA and elsewhere in the world. Most of these immigrants to California love it here.

If you really like it somewhere else, then go live there, and quit whining about California!

[Edited on 12-24-2022 by mtgoat666]

Woke!

RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-24-2022 at 12:30 AM

This thread like many started with the Goat posting negative news about Baja California. This is something he seems to enjoy doing.

A reasonable response on a Baja site is “I think that even though Baja does have problems it is a better choice because”!

I was born in LA and lived and worked there for a long time. I think that qualifies me to state that in my opinion even though it has problems the area around Todos Santos is a better place to live as well as a better value then SoCal. If you disagree by all means stay in SoCal with Goat. Past that convince your likeminded friends to stay there too!
surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-24-2022 at 11:40 AM

"We are trapped here because we can't afford to move to another state where we can live better on our fixed incomes..."

Trapped? That makes no sense whatsover. How much does it cost to move to another state? The cost of a moving truck and gas. What you will save by moving somewhere the cost of living is less would cover that one-time expense, obviously.
RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-24-2022 at 11:44 AM

S,

Some civil retirement plans require CA residency for benefits and Medicare requires US residency for benefits.
elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-24-2022 at 12:52 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaBlanca  
I think it is very important to keep tabs on what is happening in Baja, both positive and negative.

Agree

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-24-2022 at 12:54 PM

Quote: Originally posted by lencho  
The area around Todos Santos is a lot like the LA I grew up in!

In great part because of the LA diaspora. :lol:

I agree with Don Pisto that California is lovely, and hope that everybody that lives there... stays there!

[Edited on 12-23-2022 by lencho]

You are welcome :saint:

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.