BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: New wineries/dinner spots in Guadalupe? Sanos Steak house?
Santiago
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-8-2023 at 08:45 AM
New wineries/dinner spots in Guadalupe? Sanos Steak house?

Upcoming weekend soon in Guadalupe wine valley, will spend one night in Ensenada near Sanos Steakhouse - been years since we were there. Any recent reports?
Any new wineries that should be on our list? So far one dinner at Deckman's and La Esperanza, any other spots besides Finca, been there lots.
Thanks
surfhat
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-8-2023 at 09:25 AM

I plan to check out Boule in Ensenada the next time I have the chance and for breakfast Dona Estelles sp?

A local PBS 1/2 hour show Crossing Over with Jorge visits a variety of food establishments along with other attractions, mostly in Baja and occasionally the mainland.

The Hotel Boutique in the Valle has been world class a couple of times in past years with their Fuego Restaurant on site. I hope to sample them a third time in the near future if I can get a couple of rooms during the work week. The weekends are jammed.

okiebaja

Mood: Excited.

[*] posted on 1-9-2023 at 10:45 PM

Was there last week. Sanos is closed until I think Jan 12 (Sad face). Lots of new places in wine valley. I am still a fan of Dona Lupa for lunch in the valley :)
elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-10-2023 at 10:32 AM

Malva is a favorite dining spot we keep going back to. Right next door is a small winery Mina Penelope. They are so small sometimes they run out of wine.

https://goo.gl/maps/aUmqt8Wv36irQk7x7

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-10-2023 at 11:05 AM

Have you been to Bodegas F. Rubio? Last night we opened a 2017 Malbec we picked up there some time ago. Wife not as big a Malbec fan as me but she gave it 5 stars. They have food and if the owner is in he's a hoot. Full disclosure we had a light lunch there and it was before you know what shut things down.

Another wine we opened for New Years was a 2017 Las Nubes Seleccion de Barricas. Our snooty friends all liked it and so did we. The views from the winery are nice but it gets very crowded on a weekend.

YMMV :saint:

MAGA

elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-11-2023 at 03:19 PM

Pijoan is a laid back small winery with a nice outside area for tasting. We went there for the first time 7-8-9 years ago and you tasted on the front porch of the house. They have added on some since. If you see Arturo say hola for us.

https://goo.gl/maps/ZJjQ8WeoQbqPJZEDA

MAGA

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.