Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Boules in Ensenada
Santiago
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-27-2023 at 08:42 AM
Boules in Ensenada

Outstanding casual/fine spot away from the tourist area and supported by locals. Ala cart or family style, your choice. Farm/sea to fork vibe.
Kinda open air, owner is a hoot, lots of laughter, the warm smell of colitas wafting from the open-air kitchen may have had something to do with that. Nice local wine list from small producers - no L.A. Cetto and similar allowed.
Good time had by all.
surfhat
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-27-2023 at 09:52 AM

Thanks Santiago, Boule is on my list to try next time. Are there any hotels near Boule that we could walk to for dinner?

I was going to email Boule and ask but you came out in time. They do have a bocci ball space in the backyard somewhere for those that would like to play between servings. I do not play but will check it out.

Whale-ista
Super Nomad

Mood: Sunny with chance of whales

[*] posted on 2-5-2023 at 02:25 AM

Good to hear they are still in operation. loved their food- hope they are still serving the risotto.

When they had their restaurant in San Miguel the owners used my front porch for storage, and set up the bocci court out back. Best neighbors when it came to wine, food & bocci.

\"Probably the airplanes will bring week-enders from Los Angeles before long, and the beautiful poor bedraggled old town will bloom with a Floridian ugliness.\" (John Steinbeck, 1940, discussing the future of La Paz, BCS, Mexico)
surfhat
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-5-2023 at 12:07 PM

One way or the other, I will be stopping by at Boules for dinner on a Wed. three weeks or so, later this month.

I am still hoping for a suggestion on where to stay for the night that is a convenient walk to Boules.

I will be making a reservation at Boules as soon as I can find a place to stay for that Wed. night for my lady friend and I. Any suggestions from those in the know?

This is and can be Nomad at its finest. Apolitical positions have a value and should be a priority to all of us Baja lovers.

I originally came here for the Baja love we all share.

I have had a few longtime Nomad friends who have had to bow out for their own reasons to preserve some sense of reality that a few regurgitate here regularly without consequence.

My rant for the week can hopefully exert some positive influence on what is considered off topic.

As all public forums have her trolls, we do too.

Peace, an eternal love for Baja, and fish tacos, the salt of the earth locals, is a mantra we can surely unite upon.

BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Let's have a BBQ!

[*] posted on 2-5-2023 at 12:25 PM

Quote: Originally posted by surfhat  
One way or the other, I will be stopping by at Boules for dinner on a Wed. three weeks or so, later this month.

I am still hoping for a suggestion on where to stay for the night that is a convenient walk to Boules.

I will be making a reservation at Boules as soon as I can find a place to stay for that Wed. night for my lady friend and I. Any suggestions from those in the know?

This is and can be Nomad at its finest. Apolitical positions have a value and should be a priority to all of us Baja lovers.

I originally came here for the Baja love we all share.

I have had a few longtime Nomad friends who have had to bow out for their own reasons to preserve some sense of reality that a few regurgitate here regularly without consequence.

My rant for the week can hopefully exert some positive influence on what is considered off topic.

As all public forums have her trolls, we do too.

Peace, an eternal love for Baja, and fish tacos, the salt of the earth locals, is a mantra we can surely unite upon.

I believe that Casa Adelina Hotel is is your best bet, just a couple of blocks away...

https://casaadelina.mx/

pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-5-2023 at 01:34 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Santiago  

Kinda open air, owner is a hoot, lots of laughter, the warm smell of colitas wafting from the open-air kitchen may have had something to do with that.

Colitas (little tails) may refer to:

In English from Spanish it translates as "little tails" and in slang it refers to the tips of marijuana leaves, said to be the most potent part of the plant.
A slang term in Hispanic culture for the buttocks
A slang term in Mexico for the buds of the cannabis plant
Santiago
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-6-2023 at 06:14 AM

One of our party had the steak and started having one of those "I'll have what she's having" moments. She cut us each a small piece and it made us all wish we had ordered it.
surfhat
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-6-2023 at 09:05 AM

Thanks Baja Gringo for the suggestion for the Casa Adelina Hotel in Ensenada. Baja Nomad is at its finest when helping others is a priority.
BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 2-8-2023 at 12:51 AM

https://www.yelp.com/biz/boules-ensenada

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.