Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2  
Author: Subject: Dean Trivett missing Todo Santos
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 2-23-2023 at 04:35 PM

This is sad news indeed! I spent a few weeks in October exploring that area, and did not get any bad vibes.

I hope some facts that the family can share will emerge soon, and I would particularly like to know if the RV appeared to have burned where he was camping, or driven somewhere and disposed of.

I never met him, but he sounds like a kindred spirit. We are close in age, and I travel and camp alone with my dog.

[Edited on 2-24-2023 by AKgringo]

[Edited on 2-24-2023 by AKgringo]

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
Don Pisto
Super Nomad

Mood: weary like everyone else

[*] posted on 2-23-2023 at 04:57 PM

its all good, until it isn't:(

there's only two things in life but I forget what they are........
John Hiatt
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 2-23-2023 at 09:31 PM

Lithium batteries. There is a reason they dont allow them in airplane cargo. They catch fire all the time, simply drop/dent a li batt, and poof! Your house is toast!

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 2-24-2023 at 07:38 AM

Yeah, right, lithium batteries and propane. :rolleyes:

My bet is on foul play. Fits the recent pattern. I think if a body had been found in the burned vehicle, it would have been reported.

I guess we'll all have to stay tuned, for now.
JZ
Elite Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 2-24-2023 at 10:18 AM

Hoping it was tragic accident and not something else.

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

msteve1014
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-24-2023 at 11:36 AM

That is not a slide in camper. It is a motorhome built on a truck cab and chassis. Not really removable.
azucena
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-24-2023 at 11:38 AM

According to the person who reported him missing , and who Id'ed the camper, the fire was intentional, and the FBI and State Dept are now involved.

This sounds terribly similar to Mary Ann's case.
I feel so for the families.
azucena
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-24-2023 at 11:47 AM

Nope not removable. The entire vehicle was incinerated .
Don Pisto
Super Nomad

Mood: weary like everyone else

[*] posted on 2-24-2023 at 12:08 PM

Quote: Originally posted by azucena  
Nope not removable. The entire vehicle was incinerated .

"Please resist the urge to gossip and spread misinformation."

guilty:(....pisto out

[Edited on 2-24-2023 by Don Pisto]

there's only two things in life but I forget what they are........
John Hiatt
defrag4
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-13-2023 at 05:31 PM

no update on this?

Driving the PanAmerican Highway
https://www.facebook.com/homeonthehighway/
drzura
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-1-2023 at 01:56 PM

Is there any update about Mr. Trivett?

Quote: Originally posted by defrag4  
no update on this?
azucena
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-5-2023 at 04:45 PM

Accroding to BCS Noticias he has been found deceased, and two people are in custody. Supposedly , he was taken by "mistake" .
Muy triste. DEP
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-5-2023 at 05:06 PM

https://www.bcsnoticias.mx/termina-busqueda-de-wilmer-se-loc...

And here is google translation

La Paz, Baja California Sur (BCS ). During the press conference of the Baja California Sur Attorney General's Office, the head, Daniel de la Rosa Anaya shared the findings on the case of Wilmer, a man from the United States who was last seen on February 11 in Todos Santos and, finally, found lifeless.

“We received the complaint for the disappearance of this person from the United States of America, there in Todos Santos; after the investigation work and it was properly determined that this person, this victim was located.

"As a result of intelligence and with the help of the canine pairing that we already have in terms of the search for corpses, he was located, that is where he was, in that clandestine grave , buried the body of this man," explained De la Rosa Anaya .

In addition, they added that after the investigations, they found 2 alleged perpetrators of Wilmer's murder, who are already awaiting trial to determine their guilt in the case.

"Due to these events, 2 people were charged, the case was prosecuted for the crime of qualified homicide and here this person, Juan Héctor 'N' and Joseline Guadalupe 'N' are the alleged perpetrators of this act with the appearance of a crime . In this case, they are already linked to the process before the judge as well, ”he pointed out.

Subsequently, the representative commented that the reason why Wilmer was deprived of his liberty, culminating in his death, was a traffic accident:

“The fact of the American from Todos Santos, who was not located, do you know what the motive was? It was a traffic incident, there in Todos Santos. The American had run over the attacker in a traffic accident, so the American paid him 50,000 pesos for his expenses, his medical care

"However, months passed and this person was left with the fact that it had not been enough," commented the head of the PGJE, who asserted that, given this, the presumed culprits went to where Wilmer was camping to deprive him of his liberty and then take him away. life.

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

pauldavidmena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-6-2023 at 05:17 AM

There is a concise summary in Talk Baja. What started out as a traffic accident a few months ago apparently evolved into something tragic later on.

Visit my Dreams of Pescadero blog:
http://dreamsofpescadero.wordpress.com/
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-6-2023 at 06:12 AM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Quote: Originally posted by pauldavidmena  
There is a concise summary in Talk Baja. What started out as a traffic accident a few months ago apparently evolved into something tragic later on.

Would you care to copy and paste that here? Link doesn't work, at least for me. Thanks.

The TB is a cut/paste google translation of article from news. The TB post does not cite source of content.
The story on TB is same as posted in BCS Noticias and is already posted here in this thread

Woke!

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 4-6-2023 at 06:50 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

Would you care to copy and paste that here? Link doesn't work, at least for me. Thanks.

The TB is a cut/paste google translation of article from news. The TB post does not cite source of content.
The story on TB is same as posted in BCS Noticias and is already posted here in this thread

OK, great... How about being a good little goat and post the link? :light:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-6-2023 at 06:55 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

OK, great... How about being a good little goat and post the link? :light:

Here is the link
https://talkbaja.com/body-of-wilmer-dean-trivett-found/

Since you got banned from TB, maybe the site will block you from accessing link?

Woke!

Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-6-2023 at 07:27 AM

This is so sad. It appears that Mary Ann's demise was similar. Both about money.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 4-6-2023 at 08:20 AM

Goat, there are more people on Baja Nomad than I who may want to see the story. I had assumed you would at least post the original Spanish article, as you typically do.

Well, on Mia's BahiaDeLosAngeles.info Facebook page, she did the work... as viewers there (and here on Nomad) mostly communicate in English:

Translation:
“…The PGJE BCS revealed that they found the body of American Wilmer in a clandestine grave; the alleged perpetrators are already awaiting their trial

La Paz, Baja California Sur (BCS). During the press conference of the Baja California Sur Attorney General's Office, the head, Daniel de la Rosa Anaya shared the findings on the case of Wilmer, a man from the United States who was last seen on February 11 in Todos Santos and, finally, found lifeless.

“We received the complaint for the disappearance of this person from the United States of America, there in Todos Santos; after the investigation work and it was properly determined that this person, this victim was located.

"As a result of intelligence and with the help of the canine pair that we already have in terms of the search for corpses, he was located, that is where he was, in that clandestine grave, buried the body of this man," explained De la Rosa Anaya.

In addition, they added that after the investigations, they found 2 alleged perpetrators of Wilmer's murder, who are already awaiting trial to determine their guilt in the case.

"Due to these events, 2 people were charged, the case was prosecuted for the crime of qualified homicide and here this person, Juan Héctor 'N' and Joseline Guadalupe 'N' are the alleged perpetrators of this act with the appearance of a crime . In this case, they are already linked to the process before the judge as well”, he pointed out…”

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 4-6-2023 at 08:24 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Skipjack Joe  
This is so sad. It appears that Mary Ann's demise was similar. Both about money.

Mary Ann had a nice Ford truck... but she and Mike were not 'rich' people. I doubt they found much cash in their home... but I never heard of any official police investigation report on the kidnapping and theft. If you have it, please send it my way, if you feel it doesn't belong on Nomad.

Thank you!

Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.