Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: road to Mechudo/san evaristo
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 3-18-2023 at 12:44 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Bob and jane  
I appreciate the responses. I expected to be berated for not trying harder. David K did respond speculating that we should have aired down, but that post has disappeared. I would tell him and anyone else that we considered airing down. And we probably would have made it over the first hurdle. But what about the next one and the next? We really didn't want to subject the van to the beating that those local pickups are subjected to every day on that road. Bottom line: we had a great time. Three days without seeing another human being except a distant panga with local fishermen. Just what we wanted. Safe travels everyone. Hope you all find your special spots.

I am sure you had a great time... which is the most impotant part!
My air pressure reply was more of a way to bring 4x4abc into the conversation. Which Harald did reply to, but without any air pressure comments (he is the expert 4x4 guy here, and has the website www.4x4abc.com to teach us the right way to drive off road). Anyway, I removed my reply when I saw Harald here. I mean no offense when I throw out bits of 'Baja knowledge'. I do so for all the people who read Nomad but never post or post anymore. They are the 'silent majority' here. Here is just a sample of Baja helpful hints:

1) Air down to go further or get unstuck.
2) Rub a bar of soap over a gas tank leak as a temporary repair.
3) Place garlic cloves around your cot at night to keep rattlesnakes away (other things too)!
Stuff like that! :light::D:cool:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Mulege Canuck
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-18-2023 at 05:32 PM

It took heuvos to give it a try. Good on ya buddy.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.