Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  4
Author: Subject: No Wimps Area
DizzyNick

[*] posted on 2-21-2023 at 08:40 PM
No Wimps Area

Hey all,
I am trying to plan a through route from Santa Rosalia to LABay. From what i can tell, the southern part of no wimps is passable but is blocked by private property around El Barril. Is there another route west of there that connects through? possibly near El Gato?
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-21-2023 at 08:51 PM

Just use a rake pick and you can breeze through on the Northern side.

Check out the Lock Picking Lawyer on YouTube shorts or TikTok to get instructions. He has hundreds of videos showing how to open any lock known to man.

[Edited on 2-22-2023 by JZ]

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

advrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-21-2023 at 10:27 PM

I think most of that is a private reserve now. You can catch some sand tracks just outside GN to El Arco, then the dirt two track to BOLA. I think no wimps is gone for good.
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-21-2023 at 10:36 PM

[Edited on 2-22-2023 by JZ]

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

BajaNomad
Super Administrator
Thread Moved
2-22-2023 at 02:40 AM
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 2-22-2023 at 07:48 AM

There is a trail that goes NW before El Gato and circles around to the west and joins the trail to Guillermo Prieto. This is the bypass road from Piedra Blanca to Hwy1 north of Vizcaino. I've mapped it on Google Earth but never road/drove it.
PaulW
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-22-2023 at 08:18 AM

It is possible to drive around the south gate but then you still have the north gate to deal with. The property owner is pretty serious about trespassing.
Make sure you take the northern track near La Trinidad.
TMW's suggest is with a try if it bypasses the prohibited area. It is hard to identify the western boundary of the subject property.
DizzyNick

[*] posted on 2-22-2023 at 09:50 AM

As tempting as it may be I'm not interested in picking locks, hopping gate, etc.
I have seen that route from El Gato to Guillermo Prieto though, and it looks promising. Hopefully someone out there has done it and can confirm
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 2-22-2023 at 09:53 AM

What some maps show as a 'road' in this region, may in fact be a trail, like the mission road, El Camino Real. There are three branches of it between San Ignacio and Santa Gertrudis.

I get a lot of questions about the "road" connecting San Francisco (de la Sierra) with Santa Martha (Marta). This is a 'road' only for mules, goats and hikers with a permit!

I think the sign near San Francisco, about the trail, is shown on the YouTube Episode 4 of Cameron Steele's Trail of Missions Recon (~minute 3:30-4:00). Some beautiful drone footage over San Pablo Canyon, too: https://youtu.be/eBkpwi_pszU

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

DizzyNick

[*] posted on 2-22-2023 at 10:21 AM

Quote: Originally posted by PaulW  
It is possible to drive around the south gate but then you still have the north gate to deal with. The property owner is pretty serious about trespassing.
TMW's suggest is with a try if it bypasses the prohibited area. It is hard to identify the western boundary of the subject property.

What is this northern track near La Trinidad? Are you talking about the road from Mulegé to Carambuche?
4x4abc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: happy - always

[*] posted on 2-22-2023 at 10:24 AM

Quote: Originally posted by DizzyNick  
As tempting as it may be I'm not interested in picking locks, hopping gate, etc.
I have seen that route from El Gato to Guillermo Prieto though, and it looks promising. Hopefully someone out there has done it and can confirm

well, at the moment there is nothing drivable between El Gato and Guillermo Prieto
what you see on Google Earth looks promising, but it is a foot trail only

however, someone is bulldozing a new track exactly through that region
could be prospecting or a new inter ranch road
who knows

check it out: 27.830647°, -113.021253°

track.jpg - 273kB

Harald Pietschmann
PaulW
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-22-2023 at 10:33 AM

From El Gato to the coast is drivable. Not so much for the twisty S track.
Are you missing the GPS track for the two?

No-Wimps.png - 142kB

[Edited on 2-22-2023 by PaulW]
DizzyNick

[*] posted on 2-22-2023 at 10:45 AM

Quote: Originally posted by 4x4abc  
Quote: Originally posted by DizzyNick  

well, at the moment there is nothing drivable between El Gato and Guillermo Prieto
what you see on Google Earth looks promising, but it is a foot trail only

however, someone is bulldozing a new track exactly through that region
could be prospecting or a new inter ranch road

check it out: 27.830647°, -113.021253°

That's too bad, because like you mentioned, it looks so promising. We are on big dirt bikes, 690s and 650s. So that may help us out. Or get us in to more trouble:lol:
DizzyNick

[*] posted on 2-22-2023 at 10:48 AM

From El Gato to the coast is drivable. Not so much for the twisty S track.
Are you missing the GPS track for the two?

[Edited on 2-22-2023 by PaulW]

I do have those GPS tracks, but read that there are locked gates further north. We are doing a big down and back trip through baja, and I was hoping to use no Wimps or part of it as a connection between Santa Rosalia and Las Angeles Bay
DizzyNick

[*] posted on 2-22-2023 at 11:05 AM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
What some maps show as a 'road' in this region, may in fact be a trail, like the mission road, El Camino Real. There are three branches of it between San Ignacio and Santa Gertrudis.

I get a lot of questions about the "road" connecting San Francisco (de la Sierra) with Santa Martha (Marta). This is a 'road' only for mules, goats and hikers with a permit!

I think the sign near San Francisco, about the trail, is shown on the YouTube Episode 4 of Cameron Steele's Trail of Missions Recon (~minute 3:30-4:00). Some beautiful drone footage over San Pablo Canyon, too: https://youtu.be/eBkpwi_pszU

Thank you, now I have more great content to watch as I patiently wait for our departure date!
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 2-23-2023 at 05:43 AM

Paul is the north gate at R. La Illusion outside of El Barril?
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 2-23-2023 at 05:47 AM

I wonder if the people that have closed off the area with locked gates would be willing to accept a fee to pass. Looks to me like that would be easy money to make.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 2-23-2023 at 06:59 AM

Quote: Originally posted by TMW  

Paul is the north gate at R. La Illusion outside of El Barril?

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

PaulW
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-23-2023 at 08:13 AM

From personal contact with a person who knows the land owner access is not negotiable. Is the owner near by or accessible for such a discussion - I do not know.
The drive or ride including camping from the south to the south gate is a good trip and is still recommended.
advrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-23-2023 at 09:21 AM

I hope you find a work around; I would love to do that ride.

[Edited on 2-23-2023 by advrider]
honda tom
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-23-2023 at 10:19 AM

from what I understand .. Ricardo at rice and beans in san ignacio,
owns a large portion of land at La Trinidad. He would probably have good info. Beto at san francisquito would probably know the info needed at the north gate. Attempt should be made from north to south.
 Pages:  1    3  4

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.