Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Global Entry processing times update
JZ
Elite Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 3-1-2023 at 10:21 PM
Global Entry processing times update

Several threads on this over the last couple years.

My boys have had GE since 2018. It took them about 4 weeks to get approved.

Wife and daughter just applied 3-4 weeks ago. Daughter got approved in 48 hours. Wife's is still pending.

It took me 6-7 weeks to get approved back in 2017.

[Edited on 3-4-2023 by JZ]

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

bajapedro
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-2-2023 at 07:10 AM

Been waiting 11 months and counting for renewal(GE). Expired is still good for 2 yrs beyond the expired date.
nbentley1
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-2-2023 at 11:12 AM

My wife and kids were a few weeks, mine was 16 months, all applied for at similar times and non were expired prior to the renewal application. I had no problems using it while it was expired due to the application being in pending status. So who knows.....
thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

Mood: muy amable

[*] posted on 3-3-2023 at 08:21 AM

I passed 16 months "pending" yesterday
Filed my SENTRI app on November 3, 2021.

Per advice from Goat I contacted my Congressperson, and she hopped right on it two months ago

Last week I got a very long letter from CPB and they basically said "Sorry Pal" " We now take 17.5 months to approve, on average."
(I suppose that being just 45 days away from that timing I should be happy but I know better, the line is endless.)

Strange, since I filled out my wife's app the same evening as my own and she was approved in two weeks (Man, that was so long ago I almost forgot about it- cuz of course she passed the interview/ prints/ etc. and still has not received any documentation.

Don't you love our government?????
pjpvi
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-3-2023 at 10:25 AM

I was Pre-approved for interview in ~10-14 days after completing the on-line application and received my card ~10 days after the interview.
bajario
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-3-2023 at 08:57 PM

I applied for renewal about 4 months ago. Got my revocation notice this morning. 2nd time. I had it reinstated via ombudsman in 2016. I can pass every military installation background check throughout California but Customs seems to have issue with me from some 25yo misdemeanors.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 3-3-2023 at 09:30 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajario  
I applied for renewal about 4 months ago. Got my revocation notice this morning. 2nd time. I had it reinstated via ombudsman in 2016. I can pass every military installation background check throughout California but Customs seems to have issue with me from some 25yo misdemeanors.

Statistics are interesting. CBP use statistics to evaluate whether past convictions correlate to current smuggling attempts. Likewise, military use statistics to evaluate past behaviour correlating to security risk on bases.
Apple and oranges.
CBP is interested in your likelihood of smuggling.
Military is interested in your likelihood of stealing or other non-smuggling crimes. Basically, the military will give almost anyone a base pass, since they lock up the valuables on base. I have never seen one of our employees denied a base pass, military hands them out like candy on Halloween!
Have you ever noticed how often members of the military are caught smuggling? It is not infrequent!

[Edited on 3-4-2023 by mtgoat666]

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

BooJumMan
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-4-2023 at 08:05 AM

Sent application for renewal in August 2021, roughly 19 months ago.

[Edited on 3-4-2023 by BooJumMan]

In that pre-Google Earth and social media epoch, The Code was adhered to. It was based on a simple verity: if a locale had been transformational for you, and you had put the hard yards in to get there and to learn it, to know it, why in god�s name would you broadcast the news, thus ruining the future experience not only for yourself, but for future adventurers?

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.