StuckSucks
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-9-2023 at 04:21 PM

Screen Shot 2023-03-09 at 3.20.08 PM.png - 22kB

AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 3-9-2023 at 04:38 PM

exchangerate.com is showing 17.94 right now.

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 3-9-2023 at 04:48 PM

Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  

Our economy is going down the toilet... so the dollar buys fewer pesos than before.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Cancamo
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-9-2023 at 07:10 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  

Our economy is going down the toilet... so the dollar buys fewer pesos than before.

Not even close. The dollar buys .94 of a euro, as opposed to 1.39 ten years ago and much more before. The US economy remains strong even through the Feds continued efforts to slow it down through raising interest rates in an effort to curb inflation, which is a worldwide problem. The US is also experiencing a 50 year low in the unemployment rate, with almost two jobs for every one person looking for one. Wages continue to climb as well for the above reasons.

According to "El Universal", the reputable source of Mexican news, the peso is strong against ALL currencies due to inflows of money due to export, remittances, and foreign investment.

It is now crystal clear if one sources their "news" at one source, they would not know these facts, therefore repeat, as told by these now proven lying opinionators that the economy is in the dump.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 3-9-2023 at 08:21 PM

Economy doing well. Inflation falling. Unemployment is low. Dollar (and peso) are strong :thumbup:

Only thing uncertain is GOP talking about gutting SS and medicare :o

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 3-9-2023 at 09:11 PM

You really are in Fantasyland! Dow is crashing, and Joe wants to increase taxes on business, which raises prices even more than his inflation, hurting American families and us senior citizens on fixed incomes. No Republican will touch social security. It was Biden who began taxing social security. What a guy.

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-9-2023 at 10:13 PM

Atta boy, David, keep getting your "news" from people who are lying to you.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-9-2023 at 10:37 PM

It was Biden who began taxing social security. What a guy.

Dk,
You really need to get treatment for your brainwashing! It was Reagan who signed the bill in 1983 that began taxing SS. That bill came out of a Republican-controlled senate and democrat-controlled house.
GOP controlled senate and executive branch, and are the party that started taxing SS, after many decades of not taxing SS.
True that!

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-9-2023 at 10:42 PM

You really are in Fantasyland! Dow is crashing,…

Markets have been flat since trump ran the economy off the rails during covid times. No big deal for most people. Most of us invest in the market for the long term. The market goes up and down, but history shows the trend is up over time. I have no concerns about the stock market — if anything, now is a great time to buy. In a few years the market will be back to new heights!

Woke!

Cancamo
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-10-2023 at 08:17 AM

The market is also down because you can get 5% on a CD.

The market goes down when interest rates rise. Economics 101

Where you been getting your "news"?

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 3-10-2023 at 08:43 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
It was Biden who began taxing social security. What a guy.

Dk,
You really need to get treatment for your brainwashing! It was Reagan who signed the bill in 1983 that began taxing SS. That bill came out of a Republican-controlled senate and democrat-controlled house.
GOP controlled senate and executive branch, and are the party that started taxing SS, after many decades of not taxing SS.
True that!

Because facts matter in a free society that your people want to destroy...

"Prior to 1983, social security was not taxable. In 1983, Joe Biden voted in favor of taxing 50% of social security - and it passed. In 1993, Joe Biden doubled down and was the deciding vote in raising the percentage taxed on social security from 50% to 85%."

"Biden voted for this bill as well, along with 49 other senators, all of whom were Democrats. The legislation, which was not supported by a single Republican in the Senate, was deadlocked with a 50-50 tie. In the end, then-Vice President Al Gore had to break the tie."

Cancamo
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-10-2023 at 08:57 AM

Quote: Originally posted by lencho  
Quote: Originally posted by Cancamo  

Not even close. The dollar buys .94 of a euro, as opposed to 1.39 ten years ago and much more before.

I'm confused: doesn't that mean that the Dollar is currently weaker than it was? :?:

In other words; not long ago it took $1.39 to buy one Euro, now it takes 94 cents, hence the dollar is almost 50% stronger than the Euro.
Cancamo
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-10-2023 at 09:04 AM

Bottom line is the current strength of the peso has nothing to do with the US economy, (see above), which just reported another weekly increase in jobs. The US economy is fine, it's worldwide inflation that's the issue.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 3-10-2023 at 09:22 AM

It's like listening to Lori Lightfoot saying everything's fine in Chicago, nothing to see here, move along... LOL

Cancamo
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-10-2023 at 10:35 AM

It's like listening to Lori Lightfoot saying everything's fine in Chicago, nothing to see here, move along... LOL

Not sure what Lori Lightfoot and Chicago have to do with the strength of the Mexican peso. Deflection?
boatworksjon

puzzled.gif posted on 3-10-2023 at 11:31 AM

It's a shame that you guys can turn a simple conversation into some red and blue yelling match.

Just another old time forum going down the tube if not already there.

It's pretty clear that a lot of you spend too much time behind the screen drinking the Kool-Aid.

This is why a lot of people just stay in the shadows.

I post on other watersports forms and people have even PM me to criticize me so I just stopped posting.

This is why people don't post things

Disappointed to see so many people act so petty

Sad
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-10-2023 at 11:59 AM

Quote: Originally posted by boatworksjon  
It's a shame that you guys can turn a simple conversation into some red and blue yelling match.

Just another old time forum going down the tube if not already there.

It's pretty clear that a lot of you spend too much time behind the screen drinking the Kool-Aid.

This is why a lot of people just stay in the shadows.

I post on other watersports forms and people have even PM me to criticize me so I just stopped posting.

This is why people don't post things

Disappointed to see so many people act so petty

Sad

Here’s the problem. Mr.Goat argues strong economy, DK contradicts him and blames “Joe” for a weak Econ. DK has taken the bait. Any and all reasons to turn a thread into a political argument, David will jump in. Mr.Goat counters and it’s off to the races. Us vs. Them.

The no nothing newbie needs to make moral judgment seeing shame as the end point. F’ morality.

Before you start dumping on this thread and forum, lurk more. Heat too hot in the kitchen, stay the F’ out.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
boatworksjon

[*] posted on 3-10-2023 at 05:12 PM

Been lurking a long time

I figured a bunch of wrinkled up old men wouldn't get their panties and such a big bunch over some newbies speaking up.

It just does get old doesn't matter which thread it's always the same thing over and over.

Then I won't speak up there's only a couple people here who actually contribute and I've noticed that you guys s*** on them the most.

Like I said I only stopped by occasionally it always seems to be the same thing so I'll just keep doing the same thing I'll invest five minutes every month to come through basically useless posts.......

All you Baja experts
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-10-2023 at 07:36 PM

Quote: Originally posted by boatworksjon  
Been lurking a long time

I figured a bunch of wrinkled up old men wouldn't get their panties and such a big bunch over some newbies speaking up.

It just does get old doesn't matter which thread it's always the same thing over and over.

Then I won't speak up there's only a couple people here who actually contribute and I've noticed that you guys s*** on them the most.

Like I said I only stopped by occasionally it always seems to be the same thing so I'll just keep doing the same thing I'll invest five minutes every month to come through basically useless posts.......

All you Baja experts

Don’t know how long you been lurking and doesn’t really matter. Post whatever you want and if you dump on some nomads here, you’ll be dumped on in return.

It’s obvious you do not know the people here or this forum.

Trolls come by all the time. See you next month. Try to contribute something of value.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.