Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Trip to La Paz for our spring clinic
boe4fun
Super Nomad

Mood: Circling the drain........

[*] posted on 3-13-2023 at 06:46 PM
Trip to La Paz for our spring clinic

Well, I was supposed to pick up the other 3 volunteers from Washington State on Saturday, March 4th, but due to a snafu with ordering supplies I had to postpone the pickup at the San Diego airport until Sunday. (BTW, a big shout out to Van Johnson and his company “Dirty Bottoms” on assisting us in getting some resin that we badly needed for our clinic.)
Passed at San Ysidro with a green light and wasn’t even pulled into secondary with my one ton truck, took the boys to El Trailero for lunch and headed south, stopping at San Vicente Misión (museum there was closed as was the one in town next to the police station cause it was Sunday.) Got to Don Eddie’s in San Quintin for dinner and the first nights stay. The next morning after breakfast we continued south, taking the boys out to visit La Lobera. Had lunch in Cataviña at the La Misión Hotel and got to Guerrero Negro before nightfall. We couldn’t go out whale watching with Shari as our reservations were for the morning before and she was booked solid. I decided to take the guys out to the back bay of Ojo de Liebre so they could still whale watch, they had a blast. More to come later as I’m currently in bed with Montezuma’s revenge!

Two dirt roads diverged in Baja and I, I took the one less graveled by......

Soy ignorante, apático y ambivalente. No lo sé y no me importa, ni modo.
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 3-13-2023 at 06:54 PM

That's not fair....what did you ever do to Montezuma? :?:

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
boe4fun
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-19-2023 at 10:39 AM

Finally back in Bahía Asunción getting some rest after about a week of organized mayhem at our clinic.
I forgot to mention in my OP that I stopped in Cataviña at the cave paintings and the desert scene behind the restaurant at the hotel so the boys could add these to their list of things they’ve done in Baja.
So, after whale watching at the back bay at Ojo de Liebre I drove us south, stopping at Rice and Beans for food and then to show them the town square, iglesia, and small museum in San Ignacio. On to Santa Rosalia to visit the Eiffel Church and buy some treats at the Panadería in town. Continued southward to Playa Buenaventura to spend the night. It so happened it was Taco Tuesday so we all had some great food. Try their coconut shrimp tacos, to die for! Breakfast there the next morning and on to Loreto so the boys could see the church, museum, and shopping lane. Then I took them up to San Javier to see the church, cemetery, and the founders olive tree. Lunch at the restaurant there and then it was on the road to La Paz. Got there by nightfall.
I don’t have the stats on what all we made and delivered in terms of artificial limbs and orthopedic braces at our clinic but will post that once Dr. Bob gets me that info.

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-19-2023 at 09:34 PM

What a trip these guys had! You did everything, and a bit more, with them!

Sorry you had M's revenge, it is never fun.

Can't wait to see some pics. Thanks for taking care of Baja peeps.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
BornFisher
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-19-2023 at 10:09 PM

Huge respect for you and your crew. Thanks for what you do and for getting a report here.

"When you catch a fish, you open the door of happiness."
BajaNomad
Super Administrator
Thread Split
3-20-2023 at 11:53 AM
boe4fun
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-20-2023 at 12:28 PM

I guess Admin removed my last post as I mistakenly included patient’s personal medical histories. Sorry for this mistake and thanks to Lencho for pointing this out.
6 Left above knee prostheses
3 Left below knee “
6 Right above knee “
3 Left below knee “
1 pair SMOS (aka ankle/foot brace)
1 AFO (aka below knee or short leg brace)
1 KAFO Repair (aka above knee or long leg brace)
65 patient visits

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.