Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Toll Road near Playas de Tijuana 3-22-23
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 3-22-2023 at 08:19 AM
Toll Road near Playas de Tijuana 3-22-23

Maybe use the Corredor 2000 (BC 201) from Otay for a while?

From the Baja Overlanding group on Facebook:
Traffic report 😜
If you're headed south via Tijuana consider a different route.
The location of this pic is just before Playas de Tijuana, only one lane has been closed but it's already creating some traffic chaos.
It was not easy getting home yesterday during rush hour.
I get the feeling it's gonna get worse 😕
Safe travels

3-22-23 1-D Playas.jpg - 135kB

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

tomieharder
Banned

[*] posted on 3-22-2023 at 08:43 PM

Use the Free Road.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 3-22-2023 at 09:33 PM

Quote: Originally posted by tomieharder  
Use the Free Road.

Wear your bullet-proof vest and ballistic helmet!

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 3-23-2023 at 06:12 AM

If I had to go to Rosarito or south of there, Otay border to Corredor 2000, in a heartbeat.

Ensenada and south to Cataviña, Corredor 2000 or Tecate border and Hwy. 3... just more miles.

Northbound, always Tecate border.

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Don Pisto
Super Nomad

Mood: weary like everyone else

[*] posted on 3-23-2023 at 02:32 PM

IF you want to dick around with Otay use the 2 to rosarito, bl2000 is an absolute wreck.....just went thru the tijuana slide, full gallop all the way.

there's only two things in life but I forget what they are........
John Hiatt
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 3-23-2023 at 03:28 PM

Oh, that is sad. It is a concrete 4-lane highway. Any photos? How is it wrecked? Landslides, washouts, sink holes, stuff we have here after all this lovely rain? They should fix it if the entire landfill that the Playas highway is sitting on continues to fall into that abyss!

elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-23-2023 at 05:35 PM

Blvd 2000 was good for the first 3-4 years. It can be a viable 'shortcut' to Otay but it hasn't aged well at all. Not sure they put enough concrete down in the first place and the big truck traffic hasn't helped. Not to mention that there are many many people working and living out in that area since the area opened. We stopped using it a long time ago but I was on it NB last July while chasing a flatbed tow truck that had my F-250 camper rig on it. I was reminded why I stopped using it. I can only imagine what its like after all this weather.

On another note - when that playas road shuts down completely it will be a chit show because there are not many options in that quadrant and the overflow will be crazy.

YMMV

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

Don Pisto
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-23-2023 at 06:20 PM

and police shake downs and dumped dead bodies:(

John Hiatt
liknbaja127
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-24-2023 at 06:54 AM

We were through there yesderday, around 7am, they have one lane closed, traffic was no problem. looks to be holding ok?? We took some pictures as we went by, will try to post them.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 3-24-2023 at 02:48 PM
From Discover Baja Travel Club

Road Conditions
UPDATED March 24, 2023

A large sinkhole has opened up in Tijuana along Via Rápida Mexico 1 on the way into Playas de Tijuana. This has caused a partial road closure. Repairs are expected to take months. We advise avoiding the area if possible. Cross the border at Otay Mesa or Tecate or take the free road in Tijuana.

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 3-27-2023 at 06:50 AM

Mañana inicia cierre de carriles de la carretera a Playas de Tijuana

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

Don Pisto
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-17-2023 at 11:18 AM

today they opened the new 4 lanes at the tijuana slide area.....lets hope Hilary doesn't have an impact.

John Hiatt

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.