BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: BCS wins first place in obesity competition!
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

thumbup.gif posted on 3-27-2023 at 07:02 AM
BCS wins first place in obesity competition!

BCS occupies first place in obesity

https://www.elsudcaliforniano.com.mx/local/ocupa-bcs-primero...

La Paz, Baja California Sur (OEM-Informex).- For more than 7 years, Baja California Sur occupies the first places at the national level in obesity, every March on the occasion of the World Day against Obesity health authorities seek to raise awareness to people about the damage that a diet high in fats, carbohydrates and sugars entails for the organism.

Being overweight is classified as a disease, from which others can arise such as diabetes and high blood pressure, high cholesterol, stroke, gallbladder or heart disease.

In the case of childhood obesity, the prevalence in children under 5 years of age at the national level is 2.4 and in the state it is 15.4; in minors from 5 to 11 years of age at the national level it is 35 percent and in the entity it is 54 percent; In addition, in adolescents from 12 to 19 years of age in the country it is 43.8 and at the state level it is 47.4 percent; in adults in general, from the age of 20, it is 69.7 and 75.5 percent, respectively.

Factors such as a change in diet, limited areas for exercise, and a sedentary lifestyle have exacerbated these health problems; diseases related to being overweight will reduce life expectancy in Mexico by more than 4 years over the next 30 years, this is a product of the fact that in Mexico 70 percent of Mexicans are overweight and almost a third suffer from obesity.

According to the World Health Organization, a person is considered to be overweight when their Body Table Index (BMI) is between 25.0 and 29.9; grade I obesity is considered when the BMI is between 30.0 and 34.0; grade II obesity when the BMI is between 35.0 and 39.9 and grade III obesity when the BMI is equal to or greater than 40.

Obesity has important consequences for mobility, disability, and quality of life, and is associated with an increased risk of developing type 2 diabetes mellitus, cardiovascular diseases, various forms of cancer, osteoarthritis, and other health problems, since the risk of contracting these noncommunicable diseases grows with the increase in body mass index.

One factor that influenced Baja California Sur to remain among the first places in obesity in the country was the Covid-19 health pandemic, due to the fact that it increased the intake of high-calorie foods that are rich in fat, and a decrease in the physical activity due to the increasingly sedentary nature of many forms of work to avoid being in contact with people, being at home became more common and this undoubtedly unleashed health problems derived from obesity and overweight.

To this is added that unhealthy eating habits and lack of exercise cause 32 percent of the deaths of women and 20 percent of men in the country.

Health experts recommend maintaining a healthy diet, avoiding excessive consumption of carbohydrates, pasta soup, bread, cookies and anything that raises triglycerides; For this reason, it is necessary for people to carry out a check-up to measure the waist circumference, since excess fat in the body generally accumulates in the abdomen and is what damages health.

To measure the waist with a tape measure, it must be placed between the last rib and the edge of the hip bone, take a deep breath and record the data; the normal measurement in a woman is 80 centimeters or less, if it exceeds this figure, it is classified as central obesity; With regard to men, the normal measurement is less than 90 centimeters, if it is above, it is classified as central obesity.

To provide advice on how to lead a healthy life, there are nutritionists and expert nutritionists, who can help any type of patient who has a high body mass index, so it is of the utmost importance that citizens go to experts since there are no "miracle remedies" to lose weight, but a menu according to the state of health of each patient and exercise correctly.

Finally, among the recommendations of health experts to combat obesity are: drink plain water, between 6 and 8 glasses of 250 milliliters a day, avoid the consumption of soft drinks, juices or any beverage that contains sugar, perform physical activity for 30 minutes daily in the case of adults and 1 hour for children and adolescents, as well as eating a healthy and balanced diet.

[Edited on 3-27-2023 by mtgoat666]

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

vacaenbaja
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-27-2023 at 11:20 AM

Does "Los Barriles" Lead the way?
tomieharder
Banned

[*] posted on 3-27-2023 at 11:48 AM

Second place after you left.
vacaenbaja
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-27-2023 at 01:39 PM

Only if you see it the bovine way. I prefer to see it as Vacation.
vacaenbaja
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-27-2023 at 06:40 PM

Although I was considering painting random black" Holstein spots" on my white suburban and vanity plating it with something "Vaca" related
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 3-27-2023 at 06:43 PM

Quote: Originally posted by vacaenbaja  
Only if you see it the bovine way. I prefer to see it as Vacation.

:lol::lol: before today I always saw your nom de plume as ‘cow’ :lol::lol:

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

vacaenbaja
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-28-2023 at 01:42 PM

It was intended as a double entendre I have always wondered as to how people would choose to take it. I think the cows win but I did have one person ask me which way was it to be taken, and that might have been Shari
vacaenbaja
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-28-2023 at 08:02 PM

or for the non Spanish speaker
http://onlineslangdictionary.com/meaning-definition-of/vaca
BajaMama
Super Nomad

Mood: Got Baja fever!!

[*] posted on 5-16-2023 at 10:42 AM

Obesity is the direct result of consuming excess junk food and fast food, especially the garbage with high amounts of sugars. Unfortunately junk and fast food is cheap and consumed as the diet mainstay for those with limited funds. Also unfortunate is that the consumption of garbage food does not communicate to the brain that enough calories have been consumed and you are full (a diet rich in healthy fats does that). So people just keep eating and eating without ever being satiated. Look at pics of peeps you hung out with in the 60s and 70s - totally normal body size. Processed food took over our diets in the 80s and voila, lots of people got fat. Now we have skyrocketing health care costs because a majority of Americans are overweight or obese. I can't imagine how our health care system is going to manage care for the children being fed these diets (many are already being diagnosed with diabetes type 2).

[Edited on 5-16-2023 by BajaMama]
surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-16-2023 at 12:47 PM

Also many people just eat way more than they need to, even if you aren't eating junk food.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.