Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Erol Flynn in Mulege ?
Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-10-2005 at 07:57 AM
Erol Flynn in Mulege ?

Twice over the past years we have run into a guy claiming to be the son or some such relative of Erol Flynn (sp). He is a gringo but calls himself Gyermo and claims to have a small trust fund.

We ran into him the first time at the second floor restaurant just down from the lavamatica. He was at the bar, supposedly waiting for his money to be delivered. He was broke, but came over and offered to buy us a drink. We decided, what the heck ? (thought we'd end up paying for all), and hung out to hear his story.

The afternoon got later and we made moves to leave and find a campsite but we let Gyermo talk us into another round and more stories.....

A bit later, his "money" actually arrived !
And he actually paid for our drinks !!!

So, when he offered to show us a good camping spot, which was near his home, which was just past the grocery....

We ended up stopping at the old grocery (great place - Sauls ?) and then dropping his groceries at his rental house along the river. Then going out to the lighthouse beach and having a few more beers.

We'd never been out to the lighthouse before then, so it all seemed great. Gyermo was true to his word.

We fed him some mondo shrimp we had picked up that morning and he walked home as we tucked ourselves in for the night.

Great sleep until 6:00am the next morning when the shrimp boat anchored offshore and the fishermen came in.
Hey... they are carrying buckets and bags. What's in those bags, I wonder ? OOHH !? (my brain wakes up)

"Senior ! Se vende camarones ? I ask in the best of my 20 word spanish vacabulary. 2 kilos, mixed sizes, $10us.
Thank you very much !!!

The last time we saw Gyermo was three years ago.
Anyone know if he's still around ?
Please buy him a drink and say hello from the family in the camper with the big yellow dog.
I'll gladly pay you back in kind ! Thanks !

[Edited on 4-10-2005 by Diver]
Tucker
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-10-2005 at 08:02 AM

Some years ago a man wandering around La Paz was known as Kenny Flynn, son of the actor. I recall he had a dog that wore a straw hat.

\"I think it would be a good idea.\"
-- Mahatma Gandhi, when asked what he thought of Western civilization
Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-10-2005 at 09:27 AM

No dog, No hat in Mulege.
He would be about 50'ish.
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 4-10-2005 at 10:08 AM

we git 3 or 4 of those every year here in Mulege. the only thing that makes this one stand out is he paid for the drinks.

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

Tucker
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-10-2005 at 10:58 AM

Just "shows-to-go-ya", you can be whoever you want to be down here!

Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 4-10-2005 at 11:22 AM

yes Tucker I think allot of these crazies only come down here because every one is tired of there lies where they are from :lol:

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

Tucker
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-10-2005 at 11:29 AM

You would be surprised by the number of CIA operatives I've run across down here, the only legitimate one I know of is me (and maybe you)!!

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.