Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Liberarán acceso a más playas en La Paz
surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-5-2023 at 08:39 PM

Quote: Originally posted by 4x4abc  
Quote: Originally posted by David K  

Nope, everyone is welcome. Sort of like immigrating to the United States, all are welcome if they can abide by the laws here. To assimilate and communicate, we all speak English... the common denominator.

I hope you see the iron y of your statement.
None of the US immigrants (many still illegally in the country) follow any of your proposed rules.

last time I pointed that out in a facebook immigrant forum I was kicked out
gruth hurts

Yep, I know many Americans and Canadians who have lived pretty much full time in Mexico for 20 years and still can't manage one full grammatically correct sentence in Spanish. You'd think they'd be ashamed, but they're not- they act like it's no big deal ("Oh, I can manage to get my point across") or make excuses like "I'm too old to learn a new language".

Assimilate- yeah, right. Half of them live in gated communities or gringo enclaves and the only Mexicans they talk to are their maids and gardeners and restaurant servers. They hit ATMs every week to pull money from their NOB bank accounts, because they never open a Mexican bank account.

Those same people would probably criticize immigrants to the US and Canada if they lived there for 20 years and couldn't speak English. "They should go back to wherever they came from if they won't speak English!"

[Edited on 5-6-2023 by surabi]
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 5-5-2023 at 09:18 PM

I posted this beach access update in a lingua Franca for you dog-loving loonies…

Mascottes de péché. Denuncian visitantes de playas en La Paz que no los dejan acceder con sus perros

La Paz, Basse-Californie du Sud (BCS). Un par de personas que intentionaron entrar a una playa cerca a El Saltito, a bordo de su camioneta, grabaron el momento en el que el cuidador de la zona les prohibió que su mascota accediera ; aseguró que contaba con un permiso especial de la Procuraduría Federal de Protección al Ambiente (Profepa).

“Entiende que es zona ambiental. Yo no sé, en esta playa no quieren perros y los papeles que trajo Profepa los llevó el patrón que tiene concesionada la playa y es de 9 a 7 también la playa. A ustedes no les voy a negar la entrada, pero no quieren perros en la playa », comentó la persona.

Los vacacionistas le alegaron que no tenían donde dejar a su mascota y que en ninguna otra playa había tenido este problema, pero continuó asegurando que contaba con un papel oficial —el cual nunca mostró—.

« El Gobierno, vino Profepa, entienda. Vayan a Profepa, para que vean que es legal lo que estoy haciendo, yo no voy a discutir con ustedes eso, porque me dijeron que no lo discutiera, que nomás los mandara a Profepa y eso estoy haciendo, yo tengo 10 años trabajando aquí en la playa », commenté.

Cabe mencionar que, hace unas semanas, retiraron unas vallas que impedían el acceso libre a dicha zona, esto luego de diversas quejas por parte de los vacacionistas que recibió el Ayuntamiento de La Paz.

Días más tarde, el encargado del predio pidió a las autoridades qu'acudieran al lugar para que se encargaran de limpiar la zona, la cual quedó muy sucia luego de la Semana Mayor ; también aseguró que nunca les cobró a los turistas, solo les pidió cooperación.

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-5-2023 at 11:22 PM

Compounding the issue for Hispanic immigrants is that in most of the jobs they get, working on farms, orchards, or in construction, they are working alongside other Hispanics, so of course they're mainly going to be speaking Spanish all day, both at work and then at home with their families.

When I was 18, I lived in Israel on a volunteer program on a kibbutz. We were fed and housed and given a small amount of cash for incidentals we might need or want to buy. For 3-4 hours a day we had to attend Hebrew language classes, and we worked on the kibbutz for 4 hours. A program like that would be a good idea for new immigrants for the first 6 months after they immigrate.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 5-6-2023 at 12:30 AM

Quote: Originally posted by surabi  

When I was 18, I lived in Israel on a volunteer program on a kibbutz. We were fed and housed and given a small amount of cash for incidentals we might need or want to buy. For 3-4 hours a day we had to attend Hebrew language classes, and we worked on the kibbutz for 4 hours. A program like that would be a good idea for new immigrants for the first 6 months after they immigrate.

Rural work camps for (re)education… the Chinese tried that, and the gang of 4 took it a bit too far.
Boarding schools and military boot camps… I hope we don’t start sending immigrants to re-education centers.
On the other hand, would be nice to send some right wingnuts to reeducation camps, try to scrub the hate from them :lol::lol:

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-6-2023 at 09:26 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
Quote: Originally posted by surabi  

Rural work camps for (re)education… the Chinese tried that, and the gang of 4 took it a bit too far.
Boarding schools and military boot camps… I hope we don’t start sending immigrants to re-education centers.

Not at all the same thing, don't know what would prompt you to conflate the two. I wasn't talking about forced labor or indoctrination, but about easing immigrants into a new country by providing them with food and shelter and language classes in exchange for a few hours of work a day. Language classes aren't "re-education". And not something mandatory, but something they could choose to participate in.

Nor would the work and living situation have to be rural, it could be anywhere and anything the person is qualified to do.

Marc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Waiting

[*] posted on 5-30-2023 at 06:33 AM

Anyone can cut and paste.

Exercise regularly. Eat sensibly. Die anyway.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.