Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Federal zone violations in Baja Sur
john68
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-13-2023 at 08:02 PM
Federal zone violations in Baja Sur

Anyone have any knowledge of recent citations for federal zone violations in BCS? We have received a citation for our home in Los Barriles and we're told all owners of beachfront property in BCS will get one.

The federal zone is the 20 meters measured from high tide inland. Without a concession, no building is allowed in the FZ. We're told that the Sea of Cortez has risen recently (according to the World Bank, about 2.5 inches in the last 20 years), raising the high tide mark and moving the federal zone inland.

Our citation is a ZOFEMAT form and is signed by a person whose title is "trabajadora".

Friends in La Paz have not been cited.

The whole business sounds strange.

SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-14-2023 at 02:01 AM

Homeowners in Playa El Burro on Bahia Concepcion are having fed. zone violation problems. There is no question their houses are in violation.

Same in the Los Naranjos community, also on Bahia Concepcion.

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-14-2023 at 05:37 AM

Perhaps if the now famous palm tree research , available right here on Baja Nomad, was cited the violation could be reversed.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 6-14-2023 at 06:14 AM

Shorelines are not static. Erosion and sea level rise will cause shorelines (high tide line) to move inland.

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-14-2023 at 07:07 AM

I know of two people who have had to take apart and relocate their Bahia Concepcion waterfront houses in the past five years and move them further back. One was a wood-framed house, and the other a "palapa style" house. It wasn't because the shoreline had moved; they were both built partially in the federal zone.

[Edited on 6-14-2023 by SFandH]

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
JDCanuck
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-14-2023 at 08:34 AM

20 meters from high tide is awfully close. Weren't they concerned about storm surges? Who would build something permanent that close without considering seasonal disruptions?

A century later and it's still just as applicable: Desiderata: http://mwkworks.com/desiderata.html
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-14-2023 at 08:38 AM

Bahia Concepcion is calm water. Most of the popular beaches have minimal wave action. Take a look at Playa El Burro. Some foundations get wet at high tide. These houses have weathered hurricanes and tropical storms.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Playa+El+Burro/@26.7301647...

[Edited on 6-14-2023 by SFandH]

Don Pisto
Super Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: weary like everyone else

[*] posted on 6-14-2023 at 09:45 AM

Isn’t there an option of paying a fee to have a house on federal zone? I know several people on both alfonsinas and papas that pay a premium that allegedly goes to the government for this use…….allegedly that is.

there's only two things in life but I forget what they are........
John Hiatt
tomieharder
Banned

[*] posted on 6-14-2023 at 10:10 AM

Quote: Originally posted by john68  
Anyone have any knowledge of recent citations for federal zone violations in BCS? We have received a citation for our home in Los Barriles and we're told all owners of beachfront property in BCS will get one.

The federal zone is the 20 meters measured from high tide inland. Without a concession, no building is allowed in the FZ. We're told that the Sea of Cortez has risen recently (according to the World Bank, about 2.5 inches in the last 20 years), raising the high tide mark and moving the federal zone inland.

Our citation is a ZOFEMAT form and is signed by a person whose title is "trabajadora".

Friends in La Paz have not been cited.

The whole business sounds strange.

If you don't have any building structures in the ZOFEMAT, you can file to acquire a concesión rustica in the ZOFEMAT.

The actual mean high tide is irrelevant, so drop the global warming arguments. Surveyors come along every once in a while and move the ZOFEMAT line in the official land plats. You need to get the official plat map and find where the legally defined line is. The line could move either landward or seaward. If you live on an alluvial plain and rainstorms move a lot of sediment to the coast, mean high tide could move father away from the original shoreline.
tomieharder
Banned

[*] posted on 6-14-2023 at 10:15 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
Shorelines are not static. Erosion and sea level rise will cause shorelines (high tide line) to move inland.

There are places all over the world which were known in ancient times to be harbors and are now wheat fields. Erosion also builds land as mountains erode into the seas.
surabi
Ultra Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 6-14-2023 at 01:42 PM

We aren't in ancient times and your denial of rising oceans due to man-made climate change is absurd.
tomieharder
Banned

[*] posted on 6-14-2023 at 04:25 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Sarah  
We aren't in ancient times and your denial of rising oceans due to man-made climate change is absurd.

RFClark
Super Nomad

Mood: Looking forward to 2024

[*] posted on 6-14-2023 at 08:07 PM

S,

The sea level has risen about 150M in the last 12K or so years you’re beating a dead horse GFE. The land along some of the coasts is sinking. Except for places like Naples where it’s rising a lot (10’s of meters). We live on a geologically active planet. Get used to it GFE.

The last time the ice melted the sea level went about 15M higher than it is today.
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-14-2023 at 08:44 PM

The Palm Tree thread is for the, IMHO, very tedious and boring sea-level discussion.

This is about the federal zone and its enforcement.

RFClark
Super Nomad

Mood: Looking forward to 2024

[*] posted on 6-14-2023 at 09:06 PM

Tell Surbai to go preach her religion there.

On the topic here. There are a number of campos south of San Felipe where the water comes to the base of the cliff and the houses ate built on the edge of the cliff. To my knowledge there has never been a problem.

[Edited on 6-15-2023 by RFClark]
surabi
Ultra Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 6-14-2023 at 10:04 PM

Quote: Originally posted by RFClark  
Tell Surbai to go preach her religion there.

[Edited on 6-15-2023 by RFClark]

My religion? Both you and tomie felt it necessary to put forth your "the climate's always been changing" man-made climate change denials here.
surabi
Ultra Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 6-14-2023 at 10:06 PM

Quote: Originally posted by tomieharder  

Where'd you get that photo, tomie? That's my photo, taken with my camera, of a copy of an original piece of art, which I have never posted here. Now you're stealing other people's stuff? Stuff you don't even understand the meaning of?

[Edited on 6-15-2023 by surabi]
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 6-15-2023 at 08:23 AM

Quote: Originally posted by surabi  

Where'd you get that photo, tomie? That's my photo, taken with my camera, of a copy of an original piece of art, which I have never posted here. Now you're stealing other people's stuff? Stuff you don't even understand the meaning of?

[Edited on 6-15-2023 by surabi]

Tomie hard-on spends much of his time stalking nomads (and imaginary nomads) on the internet. Sad! And creepy!

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

tomieharder
Banned

[*] posted on 6-15-2023 at 12:03 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Jack Cooper Mutchler  

Tomie spends much of his time paying back nomads who like to call others names from the safety of their computer

If I can find you, I can find Sarah. Come to terms Coop. Stop calling people names and thinking you are anonymous.

How does it feel to have your own skin in the game? Don't like it?

GO POUND SAND.
tomieharder
Banned

[*] posted on 6-15-2023 at 12:05 PM

Quote: Originally posted by surabi  

Where'd you get that photo, tomie?

Greater minds would wonder. You're the genus. Figure it out.
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.