Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: TJ Washington Dental Clinic
wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-17-2023 at 08:19 AM
TJ Washington Dental Clinic

Has anyone been to Washington Dental Clinic on Revolucion lately - within last year or so? I was there about 8-9 years ago, got a lot of work done. Was fine. But would like to know how their facility is now - improvements? still good quality of work, etc. Thanks.
SFandH
Elite Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 6-17-2023 at 08:49 AM

I was there 3 years ago and have no complaints.

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
KurtG
Super Nomad

Mood: Press On Regardless!!

[*] posted on 6-17-2023 at 06:01 PM

In the past few months my son had some extensive bridgework done, it was very satisfactory and cost effective. We have been using Washington Dental for around 30 years starting with the old smaller location. We have had no bad experiences. I personally have had bridgework, root canals and crowns. Pretty much everything except implants which if needed I would do closer to home.

One of the administrators is an excellent fellow named Edgar, I have known him for 15 or more years now and trust his advice.

wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-18-2023 at 07:21 AM

Thank you. Much anxiety over my needed dental work, so I wanted some reassurance. (A lot could have changed their business in the past 3 years or so.)
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 6-18-2023 at 07:59 AM

Quote: Originally posted by KurtG  
Pretty much everything except implants which if needed I would do closer to home.

I am very satisfied with the implants I have had installed in La Paz over the last ten years. I wouldn't have picked La Paz as a destination just for dental work, but since I enjoy spending time in that area it made sense to get the work done there.

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
JDCanuck
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-18-2023 at 09:41 AM

Great experience on implants in La Paz as well as a correction to much more expensive bridge work I had done up here in Canada that went bad. Cost about 1/4 of costs up here, more modern equipment there, and they adjusted appointments to suit me, not them. I'm left wondering why anyone would get implants in Canada as the people I knew that had them done locally had numerous problems while I had none.
I guess the one limitation was the work involved 5 visits over 3 1/2 months period, so you definitely have to plan on being there for a long visit.

As an aside, has anyone had cataract surgery done in Baja, specifically La Paz area?

[Edited on 6-18-2023 by JDCanuck]

A century later and it's still just as applicable: Desiderata: http://mwkworks.com/desiderata.html
KurtG
Super Nomad

Mood: Press On Regardless!!

[*] posted on 6-18-2023 at 01:07 PM

Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  
Quote: Originally posted by KurtG  
Pretty much everything except implants which if needed I would do closer to home.

I am very satisfied with the implants I have had installed in La Paz over the last ten years. I wouldn't have picked La Paz as a destination just for dental work, but since I enjoy spending time in that area it made sense to get the work done there.

I probably should have clarified my statement. I live 300 miles north of the border and my Baja visits are mostly in Mulege. If I were spending longer periods of time in La Paz it would be a different matter for me. TJ works well for me and my family since we have friends to visit in San Diego

In my son's case the work was mostly done in one day with temporary bridgework in place. After 2 months healing time we returned to get the permanent ones done. That was a three day process with impressions done first thing on a Monday morning and the permanent ones put in and adjusted on Wed. afternoon. Their process is pretty efficient and the final adjustments were carefully done. He is very pleased with the work and it saved literally thousands.

Also the clinic gives patients the medical lane pass which make the border crossing a breeze.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 6-19-2023 at 09:38 AM

Both Les and I did our cataracts at the CODET VISION CLINIC in Tijuana. The facility is state of the art and i did a report at the time.

Absolutely first class work, now I am in Turkey and need the other eye done....I so wish I could go to Tj.

Boulevard Padre Kino 10159
Tijuana, Baja California 22010

(619) 662-4999

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-22-2023 at 07:51 PM

A little report: I crossed in SY, walked across, I was the only person in the migra room, she looked at my passport, didn't stamp it, didn't issue FMM. Got a taxi to the clinic; when I got out of the taxi, the clinic paid the taxi driver. Staff is efficient, helpful. Waited about 10 min. Got a bandaid fix, and will have to summon more courage to do the job right. Clinic called for a taxi to the border; clinic paid the driver. Took me to the linea. Really long line. A guy was selling tickets for a bus that goes to the border. Another lady was interested too - we both bought a ticket - $10. Had to walk to a small bus station about 2 blocks away, register with ID, waited about 15 min, boarded the bus - waited 15 min. till it got full - and the bus dropped us off at the border, side entrance. We waited there about 20 min before let into the bldg; then to a separate Bus Passenger line, staffed by 2. Took about 10 min there. Took the trolley to H St, drove home. Took 2 hrs to get home, but relatively comfortable.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.