BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: How many uses can you list for plastic coke bottles?
RFClark
Super Nomad

Mood: Looking forward to 2024

[*] posted on 6-17-2023 at 09:25 AM
How many uses can you list for plastic coke bottles?

Coke is the largest selling beverage in Mexico. One of the reasons or results is the large number of uses for the empty plastic bottles.

I’ll list a couple of our uses to start this off.

1) container to hold or mix paint while painting.

2) container to clean brushes after painting

3) the coke label is used to do round edges on plaster and cement walls.

Post pictures too!
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 6-17-2023 at 09:31 AM

My dog likes to play with plastic bottles! She seems to like the sound they make when she bites them. She also likes to toss, then pounce on them...especially when she can push them down a slope.

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-17-2023 at 09:44 AM

Musical instrument when filled with various things.
JDCanuck
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-17-2023 at 09:49 AM

Plastic bottles all sizes: Very handy funnels when the need arises. Heat shrinkable covers for partially used tin cans replaced in the fridge. Traps for fruit flies and other insects(slice and invert the top). Larger 5 gal bottles make great drain funnels and pans for oil replacements or drain trays under anything likely to leak. Camp sinks for washing dishes?
My favourite tho is is as an additive to asphalt to both make it more durable and reduce cracking.
[Edited on 6-17-2023 by JDCanuck]

[Edited on 6-17-2023 by JDCanuck]

A century later and it's still just as applicable: Desiderata: http://mwkworks.com/desiderata.html
surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-17-2023 at 01:00 PM

Fill with water, jam the neck into the soil around potted or outdoor in-ground plants, where the water will seep slowly into the soil. Works well if you're going away for a few days and don't have anyone to call on to come water in your absence.

Fill with water (leaving space for expansion), put in the freezer. When frozen, hang on the back of a stand up fan. As the air passes by the frozen bottle of water, it cools the air so it feels like AC.

Fill with water and freeze- put in coolers or cooler bags when you go shopping (or for a day excursion) to keep everything cold until you get home. Better than using block or bag ice, which melts and makes a mess in the cooler. If you fill them with drinkable water, you have ice cold water to drink as the ice in the bottles melts.
I actually prefer the Electrolit bottles for this, as they are square, so can be packed in tightly without wasting space.
surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-17-2023 at 01:10 PM

Duplicate post deleted.

[Edited on 6-17-2023 by surabi]
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 6-17-2023 at 05:58 PM

Coke bottles mouth is too wide. Prefer Gatorade bottles for cigarette butts, peeing on road trip. Coke and Plastic bottles make poor decoration, prefer glass wine bottles for decoration.

[Edited on 6-18-2023 by mtgoat666]

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-17-2023 at 06:14 PM

Liquor bottles as "decoration", regardless of whether they are made of glass, is the epitome of tacky.
Almost
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-17-2023 at 07:34 PM

Along with being a refreshing beverage, coke is also used as a retarding agent in concrete work. The sugar content when mixed in, slows the hardening of cement and increases the working time to allow for extended placement and working times. When applied to the finished and non hardened surface of concrete, only the surface is affected. This is used when an exposed aggregate finish is required. The commercially available product is called Zokor/Zokol? and expensive compared to good old Coca Cola.
RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-17-2023 at 07:43 PM
Water director

Here’s our latest use. Diverts water down to the basin for the gray water system.

IMG_2566.jpeg - 149kB
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 6-17-2023 at 08:45 PM

Quote: Originally posted by surabi  
Liquor bottles as "decoration", regardless of whether they are made of glass, is the epitome of tacky.

You should stick to decorating with plastic coke bottles. Stay classy!

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 6-17-2023 at 08:51 PM

Quote: Originally posted by RFClark  
Here’s our latest use. Diverts water down to the basin for the gray water system

A bubbler irrigation head costs about $1 to $2 usd. Just sayin’

Woke!

surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-17-2023 at 08:51 PM

I don't drink sodas and don't buy things in plastic bottles if I can help it. And I don't decorate with useless dust collectors or anything that doesn't have some personal value to me because it was made by a friend or family member.

The only plastic pop bottles I end up with are the ones piggish people toss on the side of my road, which I pick up and take to the recycling depot.

[Edited on 6-18-2023 by surabi]
RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-17-2023 at 09:21 PM

Goat,

These are free and water faster.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 6-17-2023 at 09:48 PM

I don't drink sodas and don't buy things in plastic bottles if I can help it. And I don't decorate with useless dust collectors or anything that doesn't have some personal value to me because it was made by a friend or family member.

The only plastic pop bottles I end up with are the ones piggish people toss on the side of my road, which I pick up and take to the recycling depot.

[Edited on 6-18-2023 by surabi]

I strive to be as hifalutin as you, maybe someday I can be as vainglorious as you. I will keep trying! Until then, pardon my crude and classless ways!

Woke!

tomieharder
Banned

[*] posted on 6-18-2023 at 08:52 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

I strive to be as hifalutin as you, maybe someday I can be as vainglorious as you. I will keep trying! Until then, pardon my crude and classless ways!

RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-18-2023 at 09:27 AM

T,

When I was learning to fly one of my instructors told me that you have to keep flying the plane until the goat sticks its head through the c-ckpit window.
Santiago
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-20-2023 at 05:36 AM

Whoa there, I remember empty bottles of Mateus with multi colored candle wax dripped down its side as super super cool......back in the late 60s. Incense sticks all around, a couple of blacklight posters, oversized beanbags for chairs, a two-paper fatty, Abraxas vinyl on the record changer and life was about as good as it got. Tacky indeed.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 6-20-2023 at 05:59 AM

Better tacky than snobby!

Woke!

RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-20-2023 at 06:14 AM

Goat & S,

You two need to get a room!
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.