BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2  
Author: Subject: Incredible view Home in Punta Banda, Ensenada, near the blow hole.(New Photos)
PaulW
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-25-2023 at 02:34 PM

Turns out UDO is correct.
To sell a home on leased land there will be no record for capital gains determination since the home is not identified. Only the land is documented and it will no be sold.
For a home with a fideicomiso the seller has to have a RFC, or (Registro Federal de Contribuyentes). This is a registration for the Mexican IRS. When the house is sold a factura is created documenting the sale price and then that Mx IRS evaluates the capital gain after their appraisal, and demands their 30% of the capital gain. This whole process takes a long time, meanwhile the funds are held in escrow at a bank. The process has reported to take over a year. Faster release of funds usually requires a real lawyer as opposed to a notorio, thus adding to the expense.
Recently the cost of the RFC has gotten less expensive but expertise is required to do the task on-line. For on-line creation the Mx fees are still applicable.
Factura is an what I call an invoice which documents the transfer of money from one to another.

[Edited on 8-25-2023 by PaulW]
PaulW
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-25-2023 at 03:31 PM

Fixed
Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 8-25-2023 at 03:32 PM

Thank you!

I am sure you have some idea of the number of people who think the fideicomiso is the title to end all titles. Essentially, a person is renting the land and home from a bank. And then, even if sold to a Mexican national, good luck getting the title released from the bank!

Quote: Originally posted by PaulW  
Turns out UDO is correct.
To sell a home on leased land there will be no record for capital gains determination since the home is not identified. Only the land is documented and it will no be sold.
For a home with a fideicomiso the seller has to have a RFC, or (Registro Federal de Contribuyentes). This is a registration for the Mexican IRS. When the house is sold a fractura is created documenting the sale price and then that Mx IRS evaluates the capital gain after their appraisal, and demands their 30% of the capital gain. This whole process takes a long time, meanwhile the funds are held in escrow at a bank. The process has reported to take over a year. Faster release of funds usually requires a real lawyer as opposed to a notorio, thus adding to the expense.
Recently the cost of the RFC has gotten less expensive but expertise is required to do the task on-line. For on-line creation the Mx fees are still applicable.
Fractura is an what I call an invoice which documents the transfer of money from one to another.

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

Udo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-26-2023 at 07:54 AM

:lol::bounce::lol:

Quote: Originally posted by lencho  
Quote: Originally posted by PaulW  
Fractura is an what I call an invoice which documents the transfer of money from one to another.

Now that is funny! :bounce:

I think what you mean is "Factura".

Udo

BeachSeeker
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-26-2023 at 03:43 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Udo  
Thank you!
I am sure you have some idea of the number of people who think the fideicomiso is the title to end all titles. Essentially, a person is renting the land and home from a bank. And then, even if sold to a Mexican national, good luck getting the title released from the bank!

I don't know, this seems really disingenuous. While a fideicomiso may add barriers when trying to transact Mexican real estate, at least you can be 'relatively' sure that the land and house is yours. I've not heard of anyone who has a fideicomiso and lost their house, as long as the trust and title was legal in the first place.

With a lease, you have a little safety for 9 years 11 months, after that, you are on a hope and a prayer. If the owner dies and their kids take over, all bets are off, etc. Look how many nightmare threads are on this board about the owners kicking people off of their land and taking their houses once the lease is up.

[Edited on 8-26-2023 by BeachSeeker]
Udo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-27-2023 at 09:28 AM

You are correct!:thumbup::bounce:

Quote: Originally posted by BeachSeeker  

as long as the trust and title was legal in the first place.

With a lease, you have a little safety for 9 years 11 months, after that, you are on a hope and a prayer. If the owner dies and their kids take over, all bets are off, etc. Look how many nightmare threads are on this board about the owners kicking people off of their land and taking their houses once the lease is up.

Udo

Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-27-2023 at 09:48 AM

A lease is as safe as the land owner willing to honor the lease. MX court would not be an option for me if the lease was broken, for whatever reason.

Personally, I wouldn't go up against any of the 4 MX families who own the land.

Doing business in MX on a wing and a prayer would be laughed at up North.

Udo has had a good run. That run doesn't necessarily apply to new owners.

Caveat emptor for sure.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
Tioloco
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-27-2023 at 11:01 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Lee  

A lease is as safe as the land owner willing to honor the lease. MX court would not be an option for me if the lease was broken, for whatever reason.

Personally, I wouldn't go up against any of the 4 MX families who own the land.

Doing business in MX on a wing and a prayer would be laughed at up North.

Udo has had a good run. That run doesn't necessarily apply to new owners.

Caveat emptor for sure.

Like many properties in Mexico, if you can afford it and want it- do it. If not, keep walking.

I never understand why people that have no chance of buying something feel the need to comment negatively.

Looks like a nice place. Good luck with your sale.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 8-27-2023 at 11:59 AM

Thank you!

I don't know, this seems really disingenuous. While a fideicomiso may add barriers when trying to transact Mexican real estate, at least you can be 'relatively' sure that the land and house is yours. I've not heard of anyone who has a fideicomiso and lost their house, as long as the trust and title was legal in the first place.

Travel trailers and mobile homes, with simple simple palapa/garage, are ideal for leased property.

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

surfhat
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-27-2023 at 12:09 PM

I had thought a feidocamiso being granted was a guarantee that you are not being suckered by a non legally entity's claim of ownership. This was 30 years ago when it worked for me.

At the time over thirty years ago, we had no other options than to rely upon a notorio to legitimatize our limited ownership. Limited, being the bank holding the trust and we paying fees every year for that limited title of ownership.

The wisdom of buying something that you can walk away from, is still relevant, or should be. Apparently this is relevant even with a notario claiming, no problemo.

I feel fortunate the ownership was never questioned at time. Others, not so much. Live and learn is a valuable lesson, whether we are buying or leasing or renting.

Risk is up to each of us to fathom for ourselves to determine.

Renting/leasing has a value in the inherent simplicity of avoiding so many pitfalls that we all hear about. Ownership comes with its own set of risks and costs.

If one can love a place enough to deal with the risks, the price is cheap.

My love for Baja has always been the salt of the earth locals that will go out their way for anyone that needs assistance when there are little options.

I have never found this dynamic to disappoint me when I needed help. It is the locals who will stop and offer help while gringoes pass on by without a care.

Yes, I have stopped on occasion to see if I could offer help.

Antonio in El Rosario is a saint for what he has been able to create with the help of so many Nomads.

That 200 mile run through the Valle de Cirios run south is always a gift to anyone that drives it. Knowing Antonio has our backs is a comfort.

I never fail to stop at his gas station in El Rosario as much to have a full tank for the next 200 miles, as for supporting his efforts at having a rescue available when there was nada previously.

Tioloco
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-27-2023 at 12:18 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
Thank you!

Travel trailers and mobile homes, with simple simple palapa/garage, are ideal for leased property.

Goat666-
More “expertise” from someone who never invested more than a hotel room in Baja. Thanks for sharing
BeachSeeker
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-27-2023 at 01:15 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Tioloco  
I never understand why people that have no chance of buying something feel the need to comment negatively.

Much as I never understand why people that don't know the first thing about me think they know my financial situation.
elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-27-2023 at 01:36 PM

Much as I never understand why people that don't know the first thing about me think they know my financial situation.

No worries seeker. Tioloco can't help himself. He knows everything. Just ask him..........:lol::lol:

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

Tioloco
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-27-2023 at 02:36 PM

Quote: Originally posted by elgatoloco  

No worries seeker. Tioloco can't help himself. He knows everything. Just ask him..........:lol::lol:

Seeker- My response was directed at the Goat666. But after reviewing your earlier response I couldn’t help but notice you telling Udo his response was “disingenuous”….

Maybe you and Goat666 are both in the category of jealous Nomads that cant afford Udo’s listing so you think it is a bad buy for all.

Either way, peace and love… ;)
BeachSeeker
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-27-2023 at 04:03 PM

Seeker- My response was directed at the Goat666. But after reviewing your earlier response I couldn’t help but notice you telling Udo his response was “disingenuous”….

No it wasn't. You quoted me, and then gave that response. Own up to it.
Tioloco
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-27-2023 at 04:43 PM

No it wasn't. You quoted me, and then gave that response. Own up to it.

Own up to it?
Ok Neither of the 3 of you have any ability/interest in buying the house. Yet you choose to comment negatively on it.

It is a nice house and is priced right for a qualified buyer. Good luck in the sale.

Peace, love and tacos.
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-27-2023 at 05:47 PM

Ok Neither of the 3 of you have any ability/interest in buying the house. Yet you choose to comment negatively on it.

It is a nice house and is priced right for a qualified buyer. Good luck in the sale.

Peace, love and tacos.

Doubt you know the 3 mentioned or their ability/interest in real estate anywhere. Presumptious.

Goat was sarcastic, beach guy was on the mark.

If you see negativity in writing about the downside to leasing land with a home on it, you don't know real estate.

Udo knows the facts and so do a lot of people. Not a big deal.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
Udo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-29-2023 at 11:50 AM

T O T A L L Y

Quote: Originally posted by elgatoloco  

Maybe you and Goat666 are both in the category of jealous Nomads that cant afford Udo’s listing so you think it is a bad buy for all.

Either way, peace and love… ;)

Udo

Udo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-29-2023 at 11:52 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Lee  

Peace, love and tacos.

Doubt you know the 3 mentioned or their ability/interest in real estate anywhere. Presumptious.

Goat was sarcastic, beach guy was on the mark.

If you see negativity in writing about the downside to leasing land with a home on it, you don't know real estate.

Udo knows the facts and so do a lot of people. Not a big deal.

Lee knows!

Udo

Udo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-1-2023 at 09:03 AM

:D Hard to believe that almost 4000 members looked at this ad so far! :o

[Edited on 9-22-2023 by Udo]

Udo

Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.