Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: La Paz ferries?
surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-19-2024 at 04:43 PM

Quote: Originally posted by wilderone  
"If you or a companion is 70 years old or older and/or has a special health condition ..."

That's now how I would interpret that. To me means:

If you are 70 years old AND have a special health condition
or
if you have a special health condition (and under 70 years old).

That's exactly how it reads to me, too. It definitely doesn't say you need health certification if you just happen to be at least 70 years old. The AND/OR makes it contingient on having a special health condition.

If you needed it only based on age, it should read "70 years old OR have a health condition."

[Edited on 3-19-2024 by surabi]
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 3-19-2024 at 05:06 PM

I turned 77 in January, and have a-fib and an enlarged left ventricle, but I still spend a lot of time running chainsaws and equipment and all of the various manual labor that comes with clearing trees and brush.

I have no problem with my lungs or circulation skiing at 8000 feet (knees are another matter) so I think I would be OK riding on a boat that I don't have to row!

Having said that, my dentist in La Paz had me see a doctor she recommended to get clearance for discontinuing my blood thinner before oral surgery a couple of years ago. It was quick, very affordable, and no big deal, so I could do that again if I want to cruise to the mainland.

The problem for me would be having to leave my dog on the cargo deck for the entire trip, which I won't do.

[Edited on 3-20-2024 by AKgringo]

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 3-20-2024 at 07:14 AM

Quote: Originally posted by surabi  
Quote: Originally posted by wilderone  
"If you or a companion is 70 years old or older and/or has a special health condition ..."

That's now how I would interpret that. To me means:

If you are 70 years old AND have a special health condition
or
if you have a special health condition (and under 70 years old).

That's exactly how it reads to me, too. It definitely doesn't say you need health certification if you just happen to be at least 70 years old. The AND/OR makes it contingient on having a special health condition.

If you needed it only based on age, it should read "70 years old OR have a health condition."

[Edited on 3-19-2024 by surabi]

EVERYBODY has a special health condition, regardless of age. Never met any middle aged or elderly person w/o some health imperfection. Even if really fit and running marathons, everyone has something odd in their health…

If over 70, how do you prove lack of a special health condition? You need a note from the doctor…

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-20-2024 at 09:57 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

EVERYBODY has a special health condition, regardless of age. Never met any middle aged or elderly person w/o some health imperfection.

Just because you never met one doesn't mean everybody has a special health condition. And certainly not one that would be of any concern as far as taking the ferry. Mobility issues or heart problems I could see reason for the ferries to want to know about, as regards falling down the stairs or having a heart attack, but having a little patch of eczema on your arm doesn't present any taking the ferry issue.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 3-20-2024 at 10:17 PM

Quote: Originally posted by surabi  
Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

EVERYBODY has a special health condition, regardless of age. Never met any middle aged or elderly person w/o some health imperfection.

Just because you never met one doesn't mean everybody has a special health condition. And certainly not one that would be of any concern as far as taking the ferry. Mobility issues or heart problems I could see reason for the ferries to want to know about, as regards falling down the stairs or having a heart attack, but having a little patch of eczema on your arm doesn't present any taking the ferry issue.

Everybody is special. Your ecsema is special too, it is all yours, be proud!

They dont define special health condition, so I suppose any health condition fits the bill of special, eh?

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-21-2024 at 08:03 PM

This sort of thing is just an exercise in absurdity in Mexico. They also require a doctor's clean bill of health note to get a driver's license where I Iive if you are 70+.
While of course you can go to any doctor you want for this, there's a doctor's office just around the corner from the DL office- you just walk in, the receptionist hands you some form where you say you don't have any health issues, they hand you a paper saying that, you pay something like 75 pesos, and take the paper back to the DL office. You never see the doctor, never have any exam.

[Edited on 3-22-2024 by surabi]
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.