BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Safety of the Tijuana Airport
Bajaboundsmithfamily

[*] posted on 12-24-2023 at 10:28 AM
Safety of the Tijuana Airport

I want to drive straight across the US/ Mexico border to Tijuana airport so I can avoid paying the CBX fees for 7 passengers. We are flying from TJ to Cabo, Is this a good idea ? Is the parking at the airport safe? I welcome your thoughts and advice!
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 12-24-2023 at 10:53 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Bajaboundsmithfamily  
I want to drive straight across the US/ Mexico border to Tijuana airport so I can avoid paying the CBX fees for 7 passengers. We are flying from TJ to Cabo, Is this a good idea ? Is the parking at the airport safe? I welcome your thoughts and advice!

There is safe airport parking. But CBX is far superior to xing by car. To drive and park you got expenses: car insurance, parking, and time in line returning to usa (can be several hour wait…) (yes, you should buy insurance even if parked at airport, theft does happen…)

CBX is so easy peasy and low stress that the $$ are nothing compared to driving.

Returning home after long day of travel, the border traffic wait really sucks even more because you are tired from a day of travel. Take cbx!

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-25-2023 at 08:45 AM

Check out the parking lots on the Otay side - I think they all have an airport shuttle - not sure where they drop you off, but it is very easy to walk across, pass the Migra office down the street, get your FMM, and take a taxi to the airport. Or get FMM at the airport. The link I inserted below states close enough to walk to the border. If you drive into TJ, you would have that long border crossing back into US. Returning as pedestrians I've encountered very little wait time. I have seen comments that the CBX crowd at TJ is so big that it gets backed up. Very easy to just walk out the door and get a taxi. This parking lot states close enough to walk to retrieve your car. Some ideas ....
https://lafronteraparking.com/pricing
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-25-2023 at 09:07 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Bajaboundsmithfamily  

I did it several times before CBX was a thing. Traffic is always a nightmare coming back.

The easier thing to do is walk across and take a taxi to the airport.

[Edited on 12-25-2023 by JZ]

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-25-2023 at 10:13 AM

CBX beats the hassle of the border and insurance and parking fees at TJ.

If you choose to drive in to TJ airport it won’t be the worst thing ever.

I’m returning today with 7 people myself and the thought of having to wait in the long lines into the USA isn’t a fun thing to think about.
LaTijereta
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-26-2023 at 09:39 AM

Also.. CBX crossing does offer a family pass at a lower rate..
Check their website…

Democracy is like two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

Ben Franklin (1759)
towntaco
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-27-2023 at 07:13 AM

Another vote for walking across purely from the time saving coming back.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.