Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: schwarzenegger spotted south of San Quinten
lizard lips
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-14-2005 at 04:36 PM
schwarzenegger spotted south of San Quinten

About 2 weeks ago Arnie and 4 professional baseball players were scene getting out of their private jet at an airport near San Quinten. They were met by the ex Gov. of Baja Cal. then driven to a location south to apparently look at some property to build a resort. Has anybody heard any rumors of this? My information comes from a very reliable source....:wow:

bajaloco
Nomad

Mood: wishin I was fishin

[*] posted on 4-14-2005 at 04:58 PM

Something is going on at El Rosario, heard not long ago about a rumored airport and resort there. Can't imagine anything at San Quinten...too much agriculture for a resort.

Carry an Organ Donor card. You could save someone\'s life... http://www.organdonor.gov
capn.sharky
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-14-2005 at 05:02 PM

Pompano---Love your sense of humor. How true about San Quinten. Never felt very comfortable there. Too much poverty and overworked, underpaid indians. Also am enjoying your world's shortest books. How about "Vietnam, the longest War" by John Kerry.

If there is no fishing in heaven, I am not going
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 4-14-2005 at 05:07 PM

It's no secret... The Diamante Del Mar project is well underway... The concrete jet airport is already in, and being used by the developer's private jet (Antonio 'BajaCactus' has ridden on it)... You can see the runway off to the west of Hwy. 1 on the mesa before dropping down to El Rosario.

I visited the sales office/ guest condo last November. One of the developer's two on site reps reads this forum. We had Thanksgiving dinner with the other, at Mama Espinoza's... See http://vivabaja.com/1104

Here is a photo I took of the project map that was in the sales office overlooking the ocean... Hwy. 1 is on the far right edge, then the runway parallel to it. On the far left an orange arrow tag points to the office location. The golf couse will be like none other ever made... luxery homes all inland of the course and all developing will be done with minimal impact on the terrain and the goal is to have un obstructed views of the ocean from all 18 holes of each course. Roads will be slightly below grade so as not to interupt the view of the landscape... Perhaps we will hear more from the expert on this, I am only recalling what I heard that afternoon.

[Edited on 4-15-2005 by David K]

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 4-14-2005 at 05:12 PM

Diamante del Mar golf resort ?:

http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=7136

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 4-14-2005 at 05:13 PM

ooops.

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
lizard lips
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-14-2005 at 07:56 PM

I just made a call to have my jet ready to go down there tomorrow. Wow! What a place. Ive got to see this....

Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 4-14-2005 at 08:18 PM

lizard lips can I ride along?

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

Dave
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-14-2005 at 08:39 PM

The house w/pool ain't Baja. Looks like south of PV, maybe Carreyes.

lizard lips
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-14-2005 at 08:51 PM

Dave, Your probably right, those potted palms look too healthy for Baja Norte. Has anybody heard when the Costco will be built there?

Joaquin Suave
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-14-2005 at 09:12 PM

Rumor has it that they have big dreams and...NO WATER!!!
Mexray
Super Nomad

Mood: Baja Time

[*] posted on 4-14-2005 at 10:52 PM

When things really get 'rolling' down there at DDM, perhaps Antonio can get the Pemex Jet-fuel & Av-gas concession for that new concrete strip...

Maybe David K can get the golf course sprinkler concession there and then be able to spend all his time in Baja - or commute to SD in his new private corporate jet when he hits it big-time...;)

As for me, I don't have such lofty goals, I'd just like to have the Liquor and Cerveza consession...to go along with my 'hotel-style', 'massage' parlor business over looking the ocean...:smug:

If all else fails, I'll have to open a 'Tommy's Original Burger Shack' or an 'In & Out' Burger stand in a area that allows the aroma from the kitchen to migrate into DDM's property each evening as the sun goes down...those 'Cheese Burger' hungry golfers will flock to my doors...:spingrin:...I'll fuel my corporate jet on left-over burger fat, and my aircraft will then smell like French Fries as it whisks me away to the Cayman Isles to count my big bucks...:tumble:

According to my clock...anytime is \'BAJA TIME\' & as Jimmy Buffett says,
\"It doesn\'t use numbers or moving hands It always just says now...\"
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 4-14-2005 at 11:03 PM

I have already applied for the private Baja tour guide position!:lol:

This place is over half sold (to the rich and famous)... luxery homes follow the golf course construction... A small marina is likley going in on the north end (near El Consuelo)... with land, sea, and air ports of entry, they could become an independent republic!:o

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

bajaxplorer

[*] posted on 4-15-2005 at 07:14 AM

Well at least it's on the "other" coast.
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-15-2005 at 08:13 AM

The development we will see in the next 20 years will be unbelievable. Unreal. Go and see Baja now, and as often as possible - she is changing so fast.:o

The SAME boiling water that softens the potato hardens the egg. It's about what you are made of NOT the circumstance.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 4-15-2005 at 08:20 AM

Baja will be a new experience to each person at the time of their first visit... That will be the Baja that they will want to hold onto and not see change...

For me, it was a vast unpopulated desert wilderness void of paved roads... full of adventure, things to explore, lot's of history (mines, missions, cemeteries, petroglyphs).

Here I am in 1967 at Molino de Calamajue (age 9 1/2) where Dick Daggett milled gold ore, across the arroyo from the Jesuit mission site...

[Edited on 4-15-2005 by David K]

surfer jim
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-15-2005 at 08:42 AM

Maybe they will have a "wave generating" machine and heated water for the rich surfers.......
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

puzzled.gif posted on 4-15-2005 at 09:02 AM
El Rosario.....cold, gloomy, fog A LOT,

low layered slag....did i mention morning marine layer till 1 - 2 PM?

give me sun shine man if i am going to buy a $500K lot and membership!

the one thing that saves their ability to fly in ALL THE TIME regardless of crummy WX (they could put in an ILS but now don't have to!) is the new WAAS gps nav with vertical guidance and no ground based nav facilities!

wish i could afford one if only for the appreciation.

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 4-15-2005 at 09:32 AM
Cold, Marine layer = fog

So does La Jolla and Coronado (USA), etc., but they just keep coming, and the prices just keep going up------amazing!!!

Me, I am a desert Rat, so it is no skin off my nose. I freeze on the Pacific coast.
osoflojo
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-15-2005 at 03:14 PM

Gucci collered poodles and Grey Poupan....................

Pompano you kill me with such vizualations..........:lol:
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.